Ways to Experience SEA LIFE London Aquarium
from $27.40
from $41.80
from $59.76
4,919 results
All reviews shark tank star fish big tank different species london eye behind the scenes merlin pass glass floor couple of hours london dungeon great attraction rainy day other attractions penguins fishes seahorse talks
Reviewed yesterday

Amazing experience.
I was expecting it smaller, but it is the right size.
You can see so many animals, from star fish to sharks.
You can touch the star fish.
I really loved it.
I really recommend it to every one, from the small ones in the house to the grown up.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We visited yesterday as a school trip with 24 six year olds, and from the moment we walked in until the minute we left every single one of them was enthralled.
As you walk in you have to cross a small glass walkway with sharks swimming beneath you. That was funny watching their reactions to that. The tanks look spotlessly clean, and there are so many to see. It's not only fish, but there is also a section of rain forest and it's inhabitants to see as well.All the way through next to every tank are information boards telling you what's in the tank and where it's from etc.
I really wasn't that fussed about the visit before we got there, but I have to say it was a really enjoyable experience. There was so much we didn't see, we will be going back as a family.
I am highly recommending this attraction

1  Thank lesley2805
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Visited with my 7 year old son - was a relaxing, interesting and educative experience for both of us. No age limit since you can always learn more and come close to aspects of nature. Not restricted in sea life. At the end of the visit you just realise that only respect can save our planet.

1  Thank konpantelidis
Reviewed 3 days ago

Might have to queue to get in and a bit crowded at the start, but easy to find space around the tanks and the fish are very relaxing to watch

Reviewed 4 days ago

I have been to many of the sealife centres in the Uk and have to say that although this one has the best range of creatures it was not an enjoyable experience in comparison to others.
To begin with simply getting into the venue was a farse as there are so many desks that you must get to before entering. From there you get to walk over the shark tank, absolutely remarkable animals however the wonder is very quickly short lived as you have to que for a while to get past the photo crew even if you are not wanting aq picture. I respect that the crew is there for a reason but you should not have to join it if you are not wanting a picture taken.
The centre was relatively busy all around but not so mcuh that you cannot see the animals, but what half of the animals were I have no idea and the signage is very poor and there werent any staff around. The first two members of staff I found were around near the tunnel. One a female looking very unenthusiastic at the rockpool inwhich it appeared that she was taking no care when letting people touch the poor starfish and so many were roughly poking it whilst she just stood there. The other memeber of staff was a gent that I felt incredibly sorry for as he had to manage the ocean tunnel where not one person in the large line infront of me seemed to be listening to him.
The rest of the centre was alright but again there was very little signage and no members of staff to be seen anywhere. It would be nice to have talks like some of the other centres do or simply staff around to ask them what things were.

Very dissapointing trip. But hey at least the penguins were cute

1  Thank lighthous501
SLLAquarium, Guest Relations Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear lighthous501,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to SEA LIFE London.

I am sorry to read that you felt that your recent experience at the attraction did not live up to your full expectations on this occasion. With regards to signage in the Admissions area, we do have some signage around the area to inform our explorers on which entrance to go in, although I do apologise if you felt that it was not clear on this occasion. Our SEA LIFE Rangers in Admissions are also there to give a help in hand, just in case any explorer has any questions prior to going into the aquarium for their underwater adventure! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed seeing the JAWsome sharks under your feet, as well as the playful penguins like Juno and Max. Did you know that black tip reef sharks are easy to spot out because of their markings?! YIKES! In regards to the photo opportunity, we do find that most explorers enjoy these additional opportunities, although this is optional in terms of having the photo. We do have interp screens at the enclosures to discuss what wonderful creatures there are, as well as engaging talks from our SEA LIFE Rangers to learn more about the wonderful creatures that we have. In terms of customer service, excellent customer service is something that we strive for. We do apologise if you felt disappointed in the level of customer service at the Rockpool on this occasion. Regarding the Ocean Tunnel, our SEA LIFE Rangers are trained about the queue line system in this area, although we do appreciate any feedback given in terms of looking at how we can improve.

If you would like to discuss your feedback, please do contact us directly at sllondon@merlinentertainments.biz.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 days ago

I went to the London Aquarium today with high hopes but left feeling incredibly upset and heartbroken for the poor animals kept in absurdly small and barren enclosures.

The most upsetting part was the penguin enclosure. They're kept in the basement in an utterly disgusting tank that's smaller than the tanks used for some of the fish. There are many animals crammed into a tiny space that in no way replicates their natural environment. I was horrified.

The larger fish were forced to endlessly circle in a horrible tank that wasn't anywhere near the size it should have been for their species. The smaller fish were similarly kept in poor conditions - their tiny tanks didn't mimic a natural environment at all and people were allowed to repeatedly bang on the tanks and enclosures with zero consideration for the poor animals.

I went on a Monday afternoon and the crowds were almost unbearable. The whole place is dated and depressing. Spend your money elsewhere.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I had never been before so a visit was well over due. Fascinating views of some of the most colourful and dangerous sea creatures. Was surprised and delighted that they also have the Rainforest display showing poisonous frogs and other nasty things. Very educational and then the penguins in the Antarctic section was an added bonus. Only moan was the number of push chairs and buggies we had to manouvere around in some very dark places at times but I know that they are needed for families. Worth another visit with my Grandson next year.

SLLAquarium, Guest Relations Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Martin Y,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at SEA LIFE London.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed seeing the wide variety of wonderful creatures that we have at SEA LIFE London, from seeing the colourful clownfish to some creepy and weird creatures like the frogs - YIKES! Did you know that all clownfish are born male?! Pretty interesting, right?! I do apologise if you felt that the number of push-chairs affected your experience slightly. As you discussed, we're a family attraction, so we do currently allow push-chairs in, although we do appreciate any feedback given in terms of how we can look into possibly improve the overall experience. It is great to hear as well that you enjoyed learning LOBSTER cool facts, and enjoyed seeing the playful penguins like Loki at Penguin Point.

Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you both back in the future to make some more amazing discoveries! :-)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We been before but hadn’t been so a few years so expected to wizz through in 45 mins but we were in there for over 2 hours!
It’s like an neverending cave that from the outside you would quite work out how they’ve managed to fit so much inside, let alone how they got all the animals in there!
They had a Halloween event with a trail for kids to follow which was a nice touch.

There is a main shark tank which you will revisit at various points of the journey through. You then walk through each different habitat area including Antarctic and Rainforest.

I was so glad to see that the penguin area had a revamp. Last time they were cramped in a small space and it make me feel bad for paying the ticket price to facilitate such a sad existence.
Although the space is still not ideal for penguins as they are stuck inside man made conditions but it has been extended and I’m assuming they are closely monitored and protected so they won’t be there forever.

It ends with an interactive selection which can be enjoyed when not too busy. Luckily they sell tickets in time slots so there should be a constant flow of people although of course some parts are busier than other.

I will say if it’s too busy when you first get down to the shark bit, keep walking through as it leads to the other side of the tank which isn’t as busy because people don’t realise they can see it all again.

Oh and there is also a small hands on experience where you can touch a starfish :-)

We had a 2 for 1 voucher so it really was well worth it!

One more thing- I really liked the display they put on to explain about the sewers of London and other informative displays on plastic and other environmental projects- let’s hope people take note of how they contribute to world problems!

Dear xzoecx,

WOWSERS! Thank you for your FINtastic feedback regarding your recent visit to SEA LIFE London!

I am very pleased to hear that you all enjoyed making some amazing discoveries during your visit, and that you felt that there was so much to explore, from going into the depths of Rainforest Adventure to seeing some playful penguins like Max and Juno at Penguin Point! That's crabulous to hear! It is great to hear as well that you enjoyed the Ascarium event, particularly the treasure trail for the younger explorers to help our Mer-witch Zara cast her magical spell! Spooktacular, eh!

We welcome any feedback regarding the enclosure at Penguin Point. Please be rest assured that the enclosure has been designed in consultation with professional animal keepers and independent vets, and as you discussed, these wonderful creatures are well looked after by our dedicated team! We love these creatures as much as you do!

It's a-RAY-zing to hear that you had a jelly ol' great time at Ocean Invaders area where you entered the exciting world of jellyfish! It's JAWsome to hear as well that you enjoyed touching a starfish as well at Rockpool. Did you know that starfish have no blood, and they therefore get the oxygen from the water around them?! EEL-ley interesting, right?!

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback as well regarding our conservation messages. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed learning LOBSTER cool facts on how we can help the world around us. We're with you as well that we hope that our explorers come away learning about how they can help the world around us!

Thank you once again for your review, and we hope that you will all swim by again in the future! :-)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Not sure why you book a time as found out that everyone in front of us where for times 30 minutes after our so called slot. Raised question with staff member who just said it was busy......so got in 30 mins late which had a big knock on for the rest of our day.

Very overcrowded in particular near shark tank (which you get to see lots of times after first opportunity). They had a Halloween event on which was a very nice touch but next to shark tank which resulted in dangerous overcrowdeding with no one wanting to move.

My son was getting pushed around in the scrum....so I fought our way out.

Penguin addition fab......but don't come back until they sort booking times and manage the number of people going through in a safe way.

Sorry LA.....great potential spoilt.

SLLAquarium, Guest Relations Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Surrey_family67,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent experience at SEA LIFE London.

I am sorry to read from your review that you felt disappointed in the queue management on this occasion. Each ticket is time-allocated in order to monitor the amount of explorers that we have in the aquarium at any one time. Please be rest assured that our SEA LIFE Rangers (staff) do check time-slot tickets to ensure that each explorer is in the appropriate time-slot, although we do appreciate any feedback given in terms of how we can look to improve the overall experience. We will pass your feedback onto the relevant department. If an explorer does turn-up late, they would usually be put into the next available time-slot.

I do apologise if you felt that the number of explorers affected your experience. During certain time periods of the year, such as the holidays, we do usually have a higher explorer volume. Please be rest assured though that we do limit the number of explorers who enter the aquarium at any one time. I am pleased to read from your feedback that you enjoyed Ascarium and seeing the playful penguins like Juno and Max. Did you know that the Gentoo penguins that we have are the third largest species of penguin in the world after the Emperor and King species of penguin?! WOWSERS!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Pretty fine aquarium in the historical centre. There are talks and some stations where you even can touch sea creatures

Dear Rolshchikov-Dmitry,

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thank you for your FINtastic feedback regarding your recent visit to SEA LIFE London!

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed making some amazing discoveries during your visit, particularly learning LOBSTER cool facts from our SEA LIFE Rangers to being able to touch some shells at the stations. Did you know that there are over 2,000 known species of starfish?! Pretty cool, right?!

Thank you once again for your crabulous review, and we hope that you'll swim by again in the future! :-)