“Great for big kids”

$77.14*
London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
Ranked #58 of 1,659 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Launched in 1938, this cruiser served in World War II, playing a major role in the sinking of the German battle ship "Scharnhorst" in the Normandy landings.
Leicester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great for big kids”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Being 22, I really felt like a big kid on board HMS Belfast. When my girlfriend and I were in London for the weekend HMS Belfast was on our list of things to visit. Walking along the Thames I spotted the ship and had to explore it.

It was extremely interesting and a great insight into naval warfare. We completely lost track of time as there is plenty to see. It was also very educational.

Visited July 2012

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Grand Cayman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Well-kept and presented, poorly thought-out”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm fascinated by the Second World War, so it's inevitable I would love this visit. And I did. Getting into the bowels of a Light Cruiser that saw action in the Battle of the Atlantic was an amazing experience, and well worth the 14 pounds it cost to get in. The new audio-visual presentation on the first part of the tour - inside a gun turret, was well done and brilliantly placed. So I'd recommend it heartily for anyone with even the vaguest interest in military history.
The pungent rum smell coming from a room with a diorama of guys getting the ships rations ready was a nice touch, and I'm glad they made no attempt to hide the metallic/oily smells emanating from other parts of the ship.
Downsides: it's poorly signposted, so I didn't always know where I was, even with carrying around a map; the shop is an embarrassment - stuck in the back of the snack room, it sells a lot of tat and a few models - no interesting books or DVD's, for example.

Ostrava, Czech Republic
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“fun and education”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Last Chritmas, when we were in London the Belfast was closed. So this year we were very lucky that is open again. The ship is so interesting, we explored how it was during peace and war, about whole staff on the ship. The visit took us almost 2 hours. We love figures which look like real.

Manchester, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Spent a couple of interesting and educational hours here and found the audio guide really helpful. However, the tour would benefit from clearer signage in a couple of areas - we ended up backtracking and repeating one or two sections and noticed others doing the same.
Overall, well worth a visit.

Visited November 2012
brooklyn
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great for our 9 year old!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This wasn't on my to do list, but once my son spotted it, he kept talking about going on this carrier. We had the 2 for 1 offers coupon (google "2 for 1 offers uk"), and so admission was 14 pounds for all 3 of us (children are free). Fyi, there is a voluntary charge you can opt out of, bringing tic prices down to 12.70.

Anyhow, my son loved it. I had an interesting time, but left after an hour for a hair appointment. Plus, all the strange smells were starting to get to me. The smell of oil, machinery, and what's with that smell in the operating room?! Gag me with a spoon!

It's great for kids. So many different rooms, interactive displays, and wax figures to further illuminate how the rooms were used. Son stayed on here for 3+ hours!! It was definitely worth it, and I recommend this if you guys have at least a week to spend in London and have kids in your group.

1 Thank brklynkgurl