“A must-see, but expect heavy crowds”
Review of Buckingham Palace

and up
Styled Photoshoot Around Buckingham Palace
Ranked #42 of 1,614 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Buckingham Palace serves as both the office and London residence of Her Majesty The Queen. It is one of the few working royal palaces remaining in the world today. During a visit to Buckingham Palace, visitors can see the nineteen magnificent State Rooms, which provide the setting for ceremonial occasions and official entertaining. All rooms are furnished with many of the greatest treasures from the Royal Collection. A visit also includes entry to the special exhibition, A Royal Welcome.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A must-see, but expect heavy crowds”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Buckingham Palace is one of those places you have to see when you visit London, but if you want to see the changing of the guards ceremony, expect lots of crowds, and don't expect to see everything. We got there about 30 minutes before the ceremony began, and the sidewalks along the palace gates were already full. We got a spot along the road leading to the palace, so we got to see the guards marching in, but what happened behind the gates we couldn't see. It was cool to be there for it I guess, but if you don't get to see the changing of the guards, I wouldn't be too upset about it. I would recommend going at a less busy time when you can have a chance at getting closer to see the details of the palace.

Visited November 2013

267 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 286 helpful votes
“Changing of the guards”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have never been able to get inside of the palace but just seeing it from the outside is good enough for me. Try to time it with the changing of the guards but make sure you are there well in advance as it gets really crowded, I mean really, really crowded.

Northeast
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“August opening days”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

On one of my trips to London I was fortunate enough to attend the opening days of Buckingham Palace (which are in August each year). It is far grander than I expected and the gardens behind it are absolutely huge--it is a real oasis in the middle of London.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 198 helpful votes
“We didn't go inside, but still awesome .......”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

It was our third visit to the Buckingham Palace for my wife and me, while for my two sons it was their second visit. When we visited this Palace 16 years ago, we were blessed to be able to go inside and had an unforgettable experience of the tour inside. Due to the shortage of time, our tour operator did not include a tour inside the Palace this time, which was quite an disappointment for my two teenage boys as during their previous visit to London, they did not have the opportunity to go inside the Palace, either. However, we were really blessed to have a bright and sunny late morning so we could take some beautiful photo's on the squares with the awesome Buckingham Palace at the background. At least, the boys were happy with the great photo's .......

2 Thank Octovianus G
Manila, Philippines
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Changing of The Guards is a must see!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The changing of the guards happens at 10am every morning. There are lots of tourists so better be early if you want to secure a nice place in front of the palace fro the parade.

Visited June 2013