Book In Advance

More Info
from $73.70
More Info
16,037 results
All reviews wax works star wars spirit of london ride wax museum sherlock holmes marvel experience london taxi cinema experience merlin passes photos taken take photos long queue great attraction other attractions london eye celebrities figures
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Booked the early entrance with the fast track. So we beat the crowds. Great models especially of the young royal. Taxi ride was brill. Will return again in the future.

Reviewed yesterday

This has potential. I have only been to Blackpool Madame Tussauds which is obviously not as busy. I just felt the London one was too busy, they should limit the amount of people in at one time, it's not enjoyable being so packed. It is also over very quickly, there is not as much to see as you would like.

Reviewed yesterday

everything is busy packed and need to queue. this is very tourist attraction. the displays are very real and professionally done but from the time you go in till you leave there is no room to breath (pun). better to book online.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Amazing, some of the figures are very realistic. Brilliant for the whole family plus it has a 4d show.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We visited Madame Tussauds midweek in November, expecting the queue to be relatively short! but we still spent an hour buying tickets and queuing to get in. I would definitely recommend buying tickets online before you go, and they’re probably cheaper as well!
Once we got in, there were so many people attempting to get photos with the models and pushing in, that it doesn’t make for a very pleasurable experience.
All the waxworks are very lifelike, and it’s interesting to realise how big or small the celebrities are - only having seeing them in films or on tv.
We spent about 2 hours wondering around, after which time it was starting to become a little monotonous.
I would recommend a visit here if you’ve never been before, but be prepared for the queuing.

1  Thank PaulBGsy
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend enjoyed our visit but there weren’t as many works as we thought there would be

1  Thank DannyRWilson
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Had a pleasant day with my 12 & 8 year old daughters seeing all the celebrities and other important people.
Took loads of pictures and had a great time sure to suit children 10+ as a fair bit of walking and more of an interest to older kids I feel.
My only complaint is the place is absolutely packed with so many tourists that it’s so hard to take pictures next to the models as there is too many people allowed in.
Highlights the Sherlock Holmes part with live actors as libbing is really entertaining, also the taxi ride is great fun but the best is the 4d film of the marvel heroes in the dome room (which used to be the planetarium)
Just don’t go in the Baker Street Kitchen to eat after which is opposite, very expensive and terrible quality food.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Honestly we had problems from the booking of the tickets stage. One member of our group has an invisible disability, which makes it problematic to stand in queues, or around big groups of people. We couldn't find a way to make this known on the website when booking the tickets, so we thought there would be a way to talk to someone once we arrived. There wasn't.

Once we arrived there was a huge crowd of people waiting for their allotted time to get it, each pushing to get to the front of the queue and we couldn't find a way to speak to anyone about our disability. This wasn't much of a problem as, as it turned out, we arrived closed to our booked time, and were ushered in with not too much delay.

Once inside, the feeling it's when things got really bad. The crowd of people seemed even bigger, leaving very little space for moving easily without being pushed around by hordes of people. The claustrophobic feeling wasn't helped by the incredibly low ceilings, especially in the first part of the museum. After that the ceilings weren't quite as bad, but the amount of people was crazy.

Considering that this wasn't at all cheap, and we paid around £30 each, I would have at least liked to be able to walk without being surrounded by people all the time with barely any breathing space. To top it off, considering the entrance price, I thought it was a joke that on almost every floor there was an extra area to see that you had to pay for. Surely the entrance cost, and the amount of people allowed in each hour should be enough not to have an ask for extras every few meters.

This was a very underwhelming and disappointing experience, one I'm sure no never repeat. I've heard great things about other Madam Tussauds around the world, but this has seriously ruined it all for me. I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

1  Thank geekyfrancy
Reviewed 4 days ago

This has been my favourite London attraction for most of my life. I even worked here for some time, because I loved it so much (that was 8 years ago in case you think I'm a disgruntled employee - not at all). This review is, however, of my latest visit, as I haven't been for some time.
My friend and I got there for opening time (9am) and it was already fairly busy, with a queue outside. We got in without a fuss and were told by the admissions assistant that our tickets included the Alien experience and The Sherlock Holmes experience. Terrific, as they are usually £8 extra on top of the now exceptionally steep ticket price. The lifts for whatever reason were all out of order so we had to walk up the stairs - there are a LOT of them so beware if you are elderly, disabled or unfit. We had both seen most of the waxworks a million times so we breezed through the majority of it, only stopping to take photos of the newest additions. Even this was quite difficult though because of the crowds and I was grateful that we weren't trying to take pictures of everything like most people would be if it's their first visit.
One of the main reasons we came was to see Tom Hardy and his waxwork was not there - perhaps he had been taken away for maintenance, I don't know. And the Alien and Sherlock Holmes experiences were both closed! We were very disappointed with this. If you have been before, it's also worth noting that the Scream attraction is no longer there which has always been a personal highlight.
Now the highlight for me was the Star Wars section right at the very end, half because it's fun and spaced out enough to take cool photos, and half because we were the only people in there so had the run of the place!
When we came out we both felt deflated so asked the staff why the 2 extra attractions were shut. We were told that they don't open till later, but there were no signs or information about this when we were going in. If we had paid for them I would have been very unhappy indeed. PLEASE make a sign for guests if this is the case, or just open all the attractions on time!
We were allowed back in to do the experiences but because there were a lot more people now, we got stuck on the staircase for quite some time. The Alien experience was fun but very brief, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I think it should be included in the price. As for the Sherlock Holmes part, it was about 15 minutes long and pretty underwhelming.
All in all, I still have a great love for the attraction and the waxworks are truly extraordinary. But once I factor in the crowds, and the price, and the possibility of some parts being closed or waxworks missing, I think it will be a very long time before I give it another go.

2  Thank livbundy89
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Just visited Madame Tussauds in London and although I enjoyed the visit I didn't think it was great value. It's so difficult to properly navigate the exhibits and study the figures because everyone is desperate to take pictures with their families and I mean everyone to the point it's impossible to see some figures and it's difficult to walk around people.
Probably worth half the entry price.
And be warned there are slot of stairs