“30th Celebrations Meal...”

Ranked #58 of 23,592 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux Jr offers classic dining elegance at Roux at Parliament Square. Using seasonal produce, traditional dishes like roasted sea bass and suckling pig are combined with bold flavours and flawless presentation. The in-house bar serves a superb wine list, champagnes, beers and cocktails, with private dining available.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went to the Roux restaurant on the 26th March for my wife's 30th Birthday and I must say WOW!... The service was excellent, very attentive but in no way obtrusive!... I had the Hogget with artichoke and Cheryl had the Duck and both were outstanding!... we had the South African white wine Longbeach which complimented the meal perfectly!... One of the best wines we have had!

For desert we both had the Ice Cream (Coconut & Peanut Butter) which was to die for!...

But the best bit of the meal was the surprise they done for my wife!... They brought out a little Birthday Plate for her which was like a cheesecake, and Happy Birthday written in choclate... then they offered us both a tour of the kitchen where Steve Groves (the head chef) came out to greet us and introduce us to his team and show us round his kitchen!... We had a few extras too like little chocolate deserts which were beautiful and a nice touch also....
All in all we had an un-forgettable experience and would definately reccomend this restuarant for any fan of fine dining....

George & Cheryl Hodgson

2  Thank George H

Reviewed April 1, 2014

An enjoyable dinner - the food delivered on all fronts - flavour, combinations that worked well together, and presentation. The little extras really made the experience. The resturant has a nice atmosphere - though we were dining at 6.30pm, and were the only dinners for half an hour or so - and it felt a little too quiet till other dinners arrived. The staff were friendly, and attentive without being intrusive.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I were truly impressed by the standard of the food, service and value of money when we first visited Roux at Parliament Square a couple of years ago. However, I was disappointed when we revisited it last Wednesday.
I found the lunch menu was heavy. My quail starter was well presented and tasty, but the sauce was quite sticky and heavy. My main course, sea bream with chorizo and beans was rather salty. I couldn't finish it. The worst of the dish was the four pieces of bone in the fish. I told the waiter about it. He simply smiled at me and didn't offer a word of apology. Our petits fours arrived after we finished our coffee.
However, my husband was happy with his duck egg starter and the roast duck main course. He likes big flavours.
We concluded that Michel Roux Jr should inspect restaurants under his name more regularly.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Having been slightly disappointed by Roux at the Landau last year, I found the Roux at Parliament Square a delight. I went as a lunchtime guest with friends. Warm service and excellent cuisine. As the late Michael Winner might have written, historic. Crab ravioli and ducks eggs with truffle starter, and roast cod, pork and lamb main courses were delicate, sophisticated, wonderfully presented and garnished, and totally delicious. Our table was in the second room on the ground floor, as we booked late. It's a little bare in there, with high ceilings, white walls and a massive picture of a well-endowed bull facing you - a good talking point, if nothing else! But what a fine restaurant! Highly recommended and I will be back.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Having visited a number of the restaurants under the Roux name I was keen to try Parliament Square and it did not disappoint. The front of house and waiting staff were attentive without being over bearing and gave some fantastic recommendations. The food was excellent as you would expect from Roux Jr and didn't leave you feeling like you had over indulged in rich food. We dined early due to personal circumstances and the ambiance felt slightly stale to begin with as there was only 3 other tables in the restaurant; however at around 8:00 pm the dining room was nearly full and there was an excellent buzz which really added to the whole dining experience. I would recommend this to anyone whether it be for a romantic meal for two or business dinner. I look forward to returning.