“Lovely lunch”

Ranked #57 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux Jr offers classic dining elegance at Roux at Parliament Square. Using seasonal produce, traditional dishes like roasted sea bass and suckling pig are combined with bold flavours and flawless presentation. The in-house bar serves a superb wine list, champagnes, beers and cocktails, with private dining available.
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went as part of the Amex Food Festival Week meal was beautifully served and presented. Quality ingredients as one would expect. With wine lunch for two came to £135. Limited choice on the Festival menu but we both managed to find something delicious. Will have the a la carte menu next time

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My partner and I ate here a couple of evenings ago as a final treat after a holiday in Greece.
Although we have eaten at some really very fine restaurants over the years, I have to admit to being a little nervous about this one, wondering if it would be intimidatingly posh and if we'd 'cut the mustard' as diners! I needn't have worried, we were made very welcome and throughout the evening staff were pleasant and approachable.
The dining area we were in was unfussy and comfortable, it seems there are other rooms where private events were happening, so there is more to the place than on the website, but we did not get the chance to have a peek elsewhere!
We began with a joint amuse bouche of tiny pork balls, olive oil toast and dip (didn't catch what it was) we then had a second offering of a rather delicious mushroom soup concoction, I commented to my partner, "at this rate my bouche will be so amused I won't have room for my main meal," but it was a lovely start and promised greater things to come.
I settled down to enjoy the charred mackerel and beef, my partner had selected the crab ravioli and Herdwick lamb. And enjoy we did, my mackerel was tasty and succulent, the beef was amazing - rich and yet light at the same time. Paul reported both his dishes a complete success and the real indicator there was that he completely cleared his plates - he does sometimes find little bits to leave, which I find very annoying.
We were given plenty of time to 'rest' before selecting desert, always a plus point with us. I went for the poached peach, he dithered a bit but eventually chose the Valrhona chocolate. The peach was completely delicious, really velvety and offset beautifully by the pistachio crumbs.I was dying to ask if the pistachios were from Aegina, where we had just returned from, but thought this might be showing off a bit....
Paul's chocolate? Hey, it was chocolate, it was Paul - it was another clean plate, of course.
Coffee and petit fours were just as coffee and petit fours should be, though we were too full to to real justice to the latter.
Oh, we had wine - that's not really my field, I'm afraid. It was a Malbec, it was good, and it came at regular intervals. Call me easily pleased, but that ticks my boxes.
So, why do I say "not totally flawless"? Well, the only thing I would pick any fault with was some aspects of the service. It was a little clunky. I was initially given a spoon to eat my mackerel...someone else's main's were about to be given to us before being intercepted and re-routed at the last minute. There was lots of coming and going from the private dining area, quite a bit of which seemed just to be staff not knowing what to do....Little things like that - which I know are very nit-picky - but I noticed them and they surprised me, I had expected everything to be ultra smooth and seamless.
Now, I feel guilty having just written that. It does seem churlish to put any caveats on what was a splendid evening which I know I am very lucky to have experienced. But I do stand by my comments, they were things that bothered me and which I have not experienced at other restaurants of a similar cailbre. Hopefully it was simply a case of a few young, inexperienced staff who were cutting their teeth, and as I said at the beginning of this review, without exception all were friendly and helpful.
I would recommend anyone to eat here if they get the chance. I hope we get the chance to return, and to try the other Roux establishments in time.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went here after buying a travel zoo voucher for the taster menu! It was fab! Service was great, we had a bit of a wait for dessert and before I could say anything, I was advised that they were sorry we had been kept waiting and offered us a free glass of champagne. We arrived and sat in the bar upstairs which felt like a gentlemans exclusive club where we were treated to a cocktail, we noticed the cocktail maker had sat down with 2 other customers to discuss what sort of cocktail they wanted, so the personal touch is obviously important. We came out saying we would defiantly go back and wondering who we would take!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

everything about Roux at Parliament Square was first class.From the moment we arrived till the end of the night.
We both started with the veal which was so tender,the caramelised onions really set the meal off.
I had the beef,while my son had the lamb,both again faultless.
For desert, we both settled for the apple and blackberry crumble souffle and boy we were not let down..
All in all a night to remember,cant wait to visit again.I would highly advise people to try this stunning place.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked here to enjoy the Masterchef menu - and boy did we! A very courteous reception and rapidly seated with our glass of fizz. The waiter asked if he could start to serve and promptly brought the first in a series of lovely amuse bouche which was followed in a very well spaced manner by starter, dinner and sweet ,all interspersed with afore mentioned varied amuse bouche . No course was huge yet we were full at the end. Coffee (very good ) was included - along with exquisite petit fours. A lovely meal. This is a dining ,not drinking , place, -a glass of house red is £10 ,white £8.50 - and I dare to say these are not to my taste, exceptional. The wine waiter was said he would not pour our wine until we were ready -ie finished our fizz -thats just excellent~!, and each dish was properly explained by the waiter These guys were great!.
Recommended without reservation for a great meal - not cheap, thats not what this place is about, but my word, you get what you pay for from a great young british chef under the Roux banner.