“Shouldn't have doubted it.....excellent restaurant”

Roux at Parliament Square
Ranked #46 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux Jr offers classic dining elegance at Roux at Parliament Square. Using seasonal produce, traditional dishes like roasted sea bass and suckling pig are combined with bold flavours and flawless presentation. The in-house bar serves a superb wine list, champagnes, beers and cocktails, with private dining available.
London, England
“Shouldn't have doubted it.....excellent restaurant”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I dined here for our wedding anniversary having read great reviews. Once booked I investigated the restaurant a little more and my heart sank. As is increasingly the case in London, the restaurant is actually owned and run by a multinational corporation,Compass, the worlds largest caterer which is better known for catering to schools and hospitals. The risk therefore is that this could be an upmarket interpretation of mass catering with celebrity chef branding.

We therefore went to dinner with our expectations somewhat lowered.

There was no need to be concerned in any way. From drinks in the bar through to the moment we left the experience was outstanding. The bar upstairs is set out like a traditional gentleman's club and was extremely pleasant and friendly.

When our table was ready we went downstairs and being a Monday night was pretty quiet. We had starters of crab ravioli and charred mackerel fillets which were really very tasty. For our main courses we had baked cod and suciling pig. The baked cod was great as it was topped with a pile of batter bits (we call them scraps in the nort east) which meant you got the moisture of baked cod but the taste of battered fish. For dessert I had a souffle, perhaps a little dry,and my wife had a chocolate dessert selection which she described as exquisite.

All in all, outstanding food and friendly staff made for a great evening all round. It seems that big corporates can occassionally do these things well!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tree888

“Great great great”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place for lunch ... Yet to go in the evening

I would be amazed if anyone were to be disappointed. Great food, great wine and great staff!

Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nnl01
Norfolk
“Top dining experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We called in at lunch time without reservation and were lucky to get a table. But what a treat we had in store. There was a great three course lunch available for £35 but we decided to be adventurous and ordered a la carte. The food was stunningly good, exceptional presentation and taste sensation. Good wine at reasonable price and great service. Roux has got this just right.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank colbrown
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely brilliant”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was recommended to go to Roux at Parliament Square by a friend and it did not disappoint. Great dining room a simple menu. However, the food was far from simple. Started with the veal and that was a revelation. Great sauce. The suckling pig for main was superb and the chocolate pudding was a little too chocolately for me but the salted caramel ice cream was sublime. Each course was punctuated with nibbles, a gazpacho, a Pimms and lemonade pre pudding dish. This was brilliant. Equally enjoyed by my co diners it lived up to everything we hoped it would and a lot lot more. Would recommend for lunch, dinner, in fact, any reason there might be to be out and having something to eat!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Terry L
Beds UK
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My daughter's surprised me and my husband with a visit to Roux at Parliament Square for my birthday. We had lunch there and the food and atmosphere were amazing.
Staff very attentive but not over the top. They made us feel extremely welcome and were happy to explain all of our dishes to us. One very small criticism is that we were unable to understand one of the waitresses as her accent was very strong, but this was not a problem really as everything was very enjoyable.
At the end of our meal the staff presented me with an extra desert which had a candle in it and said "Happy Birthday from all the staff at Roux". This was very special & not something I expected, so thank you to all those staff that made our visit very worth while and to the chefs in the kitchen for creating the most delicious food. Would I go again? Yes definitely!

• Visited July 2013