“Birthday treat”

Roux at Parliament Square
Ranked #46 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux Jr offers classic dining elegance at Roux at Parliament Square. Using seasonal produce, traditional dishes like roasted sea bass and suckling pig are combined with bold flavours and flawless presentation. The in-house bar serves a superb wine list, champagnes, beers and cocktails, with private dining available.
Beds UK
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My daughter's surprised me and my husband with a visit to Roux at Parliament Square for my birthday. We had lunch there and the food and atmosphere were amazing.
Staff very attentive but not over the top. They made us feel extremely welcome and were happy to explain all of our dishes to us. One very small criticism is that we were unable to understand one of the waitresses as her accent was very strong, but this was not a problem really as everything was very enjoyable.
At the end of our meal the staff presented me with an extra desert which had a candle in it and said "Happy Birthday from all the staff at Roux". This was very special & not something I expected, so thank you to all those staff that made our visit very worth while and to the chefs in the kitchen for creating the most delicious food. Would I go again? Yes definitely!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Staveley-Stars

London, United Kingdom
“Light, satisfying tasty, tasteful lunch”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

How to offer a satisfying meal with light ingredients, moderate portions and fine taste - excellent take on a smoked salmon starter, then sea bass with chorizo,a babaganoush tantaliser before the meal. Good service, rapid without feeling rushed. Light and airy dining room and good value at 3 courses for £35

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AZandDZ
London, England, United Kingdom
“A real Roux experience....”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is such a lovely light, bright and happy place for a lunch with a menu melody of flavours. I like it because the menu is not so vast you get lost and it was fabulous today to be able to mix from the a la carte menu with their set three course lunch menu. The smoked salmon to start had a refreshing mix of lime jelly and mint, then the sea bass with choritzo was an amazing mix of the tang of the sausage with the elegant simplicity of the fish, an amuse bush pallet cleanser followed of lemon foam and strawberry, which I followed with the strawberries, which typically Roux were anything but 'typical'. Add to that appetisers at the start and petit fours with coffee we certainly did not leave unsatisfied.... Oh and just for good measure it was FANTASTIC to see Albert Roux dining in there today too on the table next to us - my hero!! Mwah x

• Visited August 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“TRULY FIVE STAR FOOD AND SERVICE”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I like good food.
M.Roux is to be congradulated for bringing together a team of people to produce a wonderful performance. excellent food, excellent service at affordable prices.

We an excellent lunch, quite possibly the best we have ever had. Everything about it was fantastic. The food was amazing and the staff were great too. A comparison would be Russian ballet at its best. We hope to visit again.

• Visited July 2013
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This was an excellent lunch, quite possibly the best I have ever had. Everything about it was fantastic. The food was amazing and the staff were great too. We would definitely visit again.

The cherry on the cake was that this was a livingsocial deal. The small print stated we would have to pay a service charge. We had asked for water and were given a 750ml bottle of mineral water. I was slightly concerned that this could turn out to be the worlds most expensive water and the service charge could be £20+. At the end of the meal when asking for the bill we were told there was no extra charges as we had only had water. How fantastic is that?

We left a tip in the old fashioned way on the table when we left, and we both said what a great experience it was

Visited August 2013