“Nice evening!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Southwark
Transit: London Bridge Tube Station.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had read reviews online of Zucca before our London vacation and decided to try it out. What a nice evening! Good atmosphere & vibe without being too loud or pretentious. We had a nice bottle of wine, appetizers (venison & sardines), a half portion of pasta (rabbit ragu), two entrees (pork & veal chop). We felt the portion sizes were just right, leaving us the opportunity to try all courses (including dessert - excellent chocolate toffee concoction and great ice cream). Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Zucca - Bermondsey St.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Managed to get a table at the bar. Had recently returned from Italy and was hoping to taste some authentic italian food. Bread was good, especially the walnut bread. Portions were on the small side but everything was cooked well, if not memorable. Wine was on the pricey side. Overall a nice evening but wouldn't rave about it and it wasn't italian as we know it, especially if you have been to Florence. Service friendly and efficient.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend and responded by booking a table for four.
The atmosphere was pleasant enough but some of the staff were very surly. Especially the lady who served me my main course of SQUID...Correction this was a total joke it was a starter size at best . When I complained no explanation was given.

No goodbye , No smiles and miniscule portions . Why would I go back?

Nev

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place has been highly rated, although having read reviews and from looking at the website I was expecting it to be quite clinical, bright lights and cafe like. However although the tables and chair were modern and basic, there was carpet and the lighting was dimmed so there was a better atmosphere.

Our bill was at least a £100 cheaper than I expected also, we 3 bottles of read, starters and mains it was only £240 including tip. The menu was varied and had all my favourite dishes on. The rabbit ragu was amazing, didnt want it to end. I had a small plate and my friend had the main plate size, however the difference appeared to be the size bowl rather than the portion.

Only thing i would warn is they have two seatings, when they called to confirm my booking they even said on the phone my table was from 7 till 9. For us we like to spend our whole evening in a restaurant and drink after, we ended up staying till 9.30 and had a extra bottle of wine, but unsure you'd get away with that if your table was booked for later on. Thats the only downside.

Great place, would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Three of us ate at Zucca and had an excellent meal. We started with a glass of rose wine which was recommended by our waitress. This was perfect for an end of summer early evening. For the first course I had the salmon with cress which was simple but really tasty. We then had a pasta course which included lentils and freshly made pasta. For my main I had the cod with cauliflower which was cooked to perfection. A fairly unsophisticated but extremely tasty dish. After this, I did not think I would be able to manage dessert (as we had eaten our way through a nice selection of bread as well), but the choices were so good that it could not be turned down. I had the chocolate semifreddo with ice cream and caramel sauce - which quite honestly was to die for. Our waitress was really friendly, was happy to answer our multiple questions and make suggestions. Definitely a good choice and one we will go back to.