“A must try !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Franco Manca
Ranked #426 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chiswick
“A must try !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is one of the few authentic pizzerias out of Italy and certainly the best in London. True neapolitan cuisine with the real atmosphere. All staff is particularly friendly as well !

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Very good pizza I must say, but the service could improve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been in Franco Manca last week with a couple of friends and I have to say the pizza is amongst the best in London. It is very very similar with the pizza that you get in Naples from the best "pizzerias" of the world.
Very nice idea of the complimentary glass bottle of tap water. It looks much better than the normal ordinary jugs that you get in many other places.
The service wasn't really there, even though the restaurant wasn't extremely busy, the waiters were not following up their customers and we felt a bit forgotten once we finished our pizza, with empty plates in front of us, waiting for someone the look after us.

The other thing that disappointed me was the fact that we received our bill on the table after the coffees, despite no one asked for it. Obviously my friends received it as a message "off you go" and it was pleasant to finish the dinner with.

Overall, if you go for a good original Italian pizza this place is the right one. Again if you expect a little bit of the usual and famous Italian hospitality, this is definitely not the place to go.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is the bithplace of pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

People can tell you what they want, but this must be the birthplace of pizza. Great pizza, great wine and great grappa and truly the best eating out value for money in London... what else do you need for a great evening. We go there regularly, I am Italian and I have never been disappointed, the pizza is perfect and the service is friendly and efficient.

“Original Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I tried the one in Brixton Market as well and I have to say this was even better.
You can taste the original pizza there, cooked properly, not too thin not too thick and the service was very quick: we waited less than 5 minutes before receiving our pizzas.
The only improvement I could suggest is to increase the menu choices, as yo can select only between 6 type of pizza.
Definitely one of the best pizza in London.

• Visited October 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent pizza place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the best pizza I know of in Britain (run close but not surpassed by Peter's Yard of Edinburgh which also uses sourdough bases, as does Franco Manca). It is a bustling, lively place and worth booking at peak times. Ice cream and a grappa to follow often slips down nicely too. There are three other branches, of which I have tried only the one in Brixton Market, which I found rather cramped