“Very small - but a good deal”

Point A Hotel, London Westminster
Ranked #349 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It depends what you want for your stay - We were in London for 6 nights and initally I was a little aprehensive booking this place as so many people say they couldn't manage it for longer than 1 or 2 - We dove in and booked, it was the first stop of our 5 week European holiday - and it was adequate and within budget for a great location on the doorstep of the lambeth north tube station on the bakerloo line.

We spent very little time in the room, as we were on holiday in London where compared to home every day is the weekend - we would leave around 9am and not be back until at least midnight most days.
- we paid for the internet access and the towels as extras - our international adaptor didnt work in their plugs (though we had no trouble with it anywhere else in Europe) but they have ones for sale at reception for cheap.

We chose a windowless room, saved a few pounds for a pint or two haha - there were no plans for window gazing, and we dont sleep with windows open in the middle of a freezing winter anyway. The room was tiny as expected, the bed was against 3 walls - hubby fit with feet against the wall so probably not for you if you are much taller than 6foot6inches tall. our luggage was able to be squeezed under the slightly elevated bed to keep some floor space.

I will be honest if this was the end of our 5 week trip I dont think I would have coped - but it was right at the start when everything was shiny fun and new... its a great story to tell people - and all part of our London experience.

Places of compareable costs are well outside the city and you dont want to have to commute too far out from the centre - It will cost you a fortune in time lost on trains and cash as the public transport outside of the centre starts to get pricy...deal with the squish its worth it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gurses, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us, it was a real pleasure to be part of your European holiday!
Tune is indeed a great deal for a traveller looking for a good night sleep after a long day out and about. The pocket size room rate is only a plus, leaving more spending money for enjoying and discovering London!

We hope you had fun, enjoyed yourselves throughout the holiday and we are looking forward to be your stop spot again!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,535)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Really surprised by the Tune Hotel. Not much too look at from the outside however really good value. The rooms are compact however at present they are really nice and clean. Beds comfy, lovely shower, air con, clean and really friendly staff. Also the location was fab, ten metres away from North Lambeth tube station and short distance to London Eye, Big Ben etc.Also there is a fab quirky little bar and good cafe serving all day breakfasts round the corner. I would definitely recommend, however if you are the type of person who would turn your nose up at staying in a caravan, this is not for you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 6th (top floor) had nice little roof top views. However NO LIFT to this floor and you h...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AndyManc_12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Tune Westminster, for your kind comments and for recommending us, very appreciated!
You are absolutely right -“Bargain” is exactly what Tune hotels is all about. Thank you also for highlighting our central location - a cracker for tourists!

Pleasure to hear that we exceeded your expectations and took you by surprise! We are definitely hoping to welcome you back again!

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I appreciate that there are not many choices for budget hotels in London but I think this global traveller needs a bit more space. The Tune concept takes a budget approach to everything including an a la carte approach for toiletries and towel, early check-in, use of TV and wifi. I have no problem with that- just be prepared.

The service is great and efficient. There simply is not enough room. When I checked in, baggage left by hotel guests with reception was over-flowing into the small lobby. Then the room! I have never seen such a small room, having to crawl across the bed to get to the other side of it. The bathroom is so small, it makes me think I'm at the international space station or on a cruise ship in the lower berths! No counter space, no room to dry yourself off.
So I've concluded this minimalist concept is not for me. I need a bit more room than that.

• Stayed: January 2013
Gurses, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your review.

I was glad to read that you highlighted our clean rooms and friendly service, however, disappointed to read that you found our rooms too small.

We agree that they are space-efficient, but that enables customers to keep the room costs to a minimum, leaving more to spend out and about.

We do realise that our concept would not be for everybody's liking, therefore thank you for trying us out.

Kind Regards,

Ave Jaanus
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is the only budget type hotel downtown London, that does not feel budgetlike....My room was super clean and came with a beautiful flat screen tv. Walking distance from Waterloo Station and the Westminster Bridge....I paid less than $50 and was worth any penny of it.... I highly recommend this budget hotel in London, UK....It is really spotless.....Yes, the room was very small but I only used it to sleep at night and did a lot of sightseeing during the day....You cannot go wrong....if the room size is not an issue....

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank carlocB9030VZ
Gurses, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for the 5/5 rating. I am glad that Tune Westminster offered you much more than just a budget stay and that every penny spent provided you with excellent value!
Our housekeeping team will be particularly pleased that you can vouch for the high standards of cleanliness we’re committed to.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again when you are back in London!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a room with no window, below ground floor. I have to say it was really small, but it actually had everything you need in a budget hotel, only surprising thing is towl rental at £1.50 - but we took our own, so no problem, also take your own soap etc.
We also took a kettle and there was a small shelf to put that on.
Would go back again, it was clean and the staff were very friendly.
There are three good pubs nearby, the Crown and Cusion across the road has real ale and Thai food, heaven.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Tune Hotel Westminster and taking your time to write your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that we were able to provide all that you were looking for.

Thank you also for the kettle and pub recommendations; they will be definitely a big hit with our future guests! We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a great place to stay in central london, if you are looking for an AAA location great value. Rooms are a little small, and the bathroom is not much more than a shower cubicle with a toilet and sink. But really, what else do you need? I paid £60 for the night at Christmas time, booked through Agoda, there are no additional extras to pay, so I was very happy to have the towels, TV and wifi all thrown in. The location is brilliant, next to Waterloo stn and North Lambeth Tube on the Bakerloo line so you go directly to piccadilly and Oxford street. The houses of parliament and the London eye are 5 mins walk away. Tune hotels claim that the beds are 5* but really, they are not at that standard, nevertheless they are comfortable and adequate. I am sure that if you are looking for faults you'll find them, but for this price, in this location you really can't complain.

Room Tip: Get one with a window ;)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us over the Christmas period and for leaving your feedback. Two “SUPERS” in a row and “recommending” is definitely a good sign that you had an enjoyable stay with us!
Location, location, location! Definitely agree - Tune Westminster absolutely has it! Good to know that you also found our Hypnos beds comfortable.

Thank you for recommending us and we are eagerly looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

It's been a while since my last stay here, and in some respects it still offers some appealing features. However, some minor flaws are beginning to show.

The staff are still extremely friendly and welcoming, and always seem willing to help. The location (of course) is still excellent for getting around London. The wi-fi service has improved and is now quite good and the bed is still one of the better hotel beds I've slept in across numerous hotel chains at varying prices.

However, some things are in need of work. The exterior windows (which I believe are soon to be replaced) are extremely poor. In my room, the space between the exterior window and the interior window was dirty and looked extremely unappealing. The exterior of window would not shut completely which meant that the noise level was higher than it should have been - thankfully I travelled with ear plugs! The room blind was also broken and could not be raised/lowered. This wasn't a big issue for me, as I was out most of the day, but in the morning, light seeped into the room early. It is these little things that the housekeeping/hotel staff should have noticed before the next guests arrive.

The walls were beginning to look extremely scruffed and there were many marks, chips and blotches in various places in my room. I had the misfortune to look under my bed as I used the safe and the dirt beneath it indicated to me that the underneath space had not been cleaned in some time: there was dust, fluff and even some small pieces of plastic. I arrived on Thursday, which meant that room cleaning should of happened on Sunday: it did not. As I was leaving Monday, it wasn't a major issue but it just seems like a distinct lack of attention is being paid to cleaning and maintenance in general.

Had the property been as clean and well maintained as it was on my first visit, coupled with the friendly staff, excellent location and improved services it now has, I would have rated this visit much more highly. However, the general state of my room just left me feeling a little let down with the experience overall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments following your return stay to Tune Hotel Westminster.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location once again, still found the staff friendly and that our wifi connection worked even better than the last time!

I do apologies for the issues in your room, please be assured that we have changed both the windows and curtains and even got 15 new rooms! We have also looked into our cleanliness and maintenance in general.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to show you our improvements and to offer you a full quality and comfortable stay.

Kind Regards,