“wonderful value”

Ranked #417 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Perth, Australia
“wonderful value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

This hotel was very good value for money. as others have said the rooms were small but the bed ,shower and cleanliness were as good as you would get anywhere.
the location was great and oppposite a tube station though we walked in a lot. there is also a very good lunch/breakfast place nearby called Barbarellas which was also very good value for money . The quality of this shop was 5 star rating. We would definately stay in Tune again in london but would always make sure i had a room with a window

Room Tip: we stayed in room 208 it was great
3 Thank margaret017
Dorjbat, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review of Tune Hotels–Westminster; this is very encouraging for myself and the team, and we will continue endeavouring to keep our standards high to exceed the expectations of our guests.
We hope to see you again soon.
Arron Dorjbat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

This takes the cake for the smallest hotel room we've ever stayed in. It was so small I could barely walk around the bed even when I turned sideways. There were a couple of marks on the doona cover and floors a little gritty but the bathroom was very clean. We had to squeeze our packs under the bed as there was nowhere else to put them so if you had big suitcases you might be in a bit of trouble. There is nowhere in the bathroom (with the glass frosted door which doesn't provide much for modesty) for toiletries other than the barest of essentials (toothbrush, soap) so our packs had to live on a tiny ledge next to the room door. We had a room on the 4th floor facing the intersection so the noise from the traffic was quite an issue for us. I know other reviews have said it is not a problem but I had to resort to earplugs so I would recommend requesting a room not facing the main road. The pros of this place is definitely the price. It is great value given the location (15meters to Lambeth North, 5 minute walk to Waterloo, direct tube to Paddington for Heathrow Express/Heathrow Connect, a number of bus lines just out the front). There is a convenient 24hr grocery shop across the road, as well as an ATM and coffee shop downstairs. Coin laundry nearby on Lower Marsh was also a plus.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank wendyyy2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.
Please accept my apologies that the cleanliness of your room was not entirely satisfactory – based on your feedback, we have since reviewed our housekeeping service and hope that you will return to see the improvement.
I am pleased that overall you found Tune Hotels–Westminster to meet your needs whilst staying in London and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

I knew it's small when I booked it. But when I arrived, I was really surprised by the size of the room. There was basically no space to walk after opening our two luggages. I was hoping at least the room was new and clean. But it was not as new as I expected. Mold started building up in the restroom and bedding sheets had stains on them. Good thing about the hotel is the location. It is right outside of the lambeth north underground and there is a 24-7 supermarket right opposite of it. 24hrs bus to st pancras station right outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank tracyukino
Dorjbat, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We always welcome any feedback - positive or negative.
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay and we are taking your comments about the cleanliness very seriously as this is an area in which we usually boast very high standards. If you would like to get in contact with me directly, please email me: manager@westminster.tunehotels.com as I really hope that you will return someday and allow us to prove ourselves to you.

Hotel Manager
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

It's quite literally a case of you get what you pay for here. Having said that, even by the time we purchased add ons of towels, hair dryers and wifi the tune hotel was still much better value than any other hotel around the same area. We had a room with a window on the 5th floor. While there was some street noise at times, the tune has done a good job in blocking as much of it out as possible- it certainly wasn't as noisy as some inner city hotels I've stayed in. The best thing about the hotel is the super comfy beds and the power showers. The room is very small, but if you are creative with your storage space it works! The hotel is in walking distance to Lambeth north tube station, as well as the Waterloo tube. It's also possible to walk to the London eye, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. There are also some fantastic restaurants and several supermarkets nearby. Also if you need laundry done during your stay, there is a place that does service washes for roughly £7 on lower marsh around the corner from the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 502 looks out onto the street
2 Thank mfm86
Dorjbat, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is great to hear that the comfort and convenience exceeded your expectations.
I would also like to thank you for the recommendation of the local launderette. We look forward to seeing you again at Tune Hotels – Westminster.
Porto Alegre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

The room is small, but clean, the bed and the shower are excelent. For this price in this location I don't think that you can find anything better.

2 Thank asdjkl
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing Tune Hotels –Westminster. We really appreciate the feedback and I am pleased to see that your stay with us met your needs.
I hope you will return again someday.
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

For GBP55 per night, this hotel is value for money for the budget traveler. Although the rooms are small, they are clean, well organized for space and provide good sleep quality. The team at the front desk is very helpful as well. Eventhough the room I stayed in faced a main road, it is NOT noisy. The toilets are clean as well, although the cleaners only come after 3 days there, it is our responsibility to keep our rooms clean.
Tunes Hotel works on budget, so for each item one requires, ie safe, hair dryer, TV, cleaner - the traveler needs to be prepared to pay extra on these. I did not have any problems with that. My wife and I enjoyed our stay there very much before moving to a B&B.

Tunes Hotel is convenient as well in that Lambeth North Tube station is directly across the side road, and there is a Costa Coffee downstairs as well as Chicken Palace (late night food) opposite. However for the traveler with heavy luggages and rollers, it may be more advisable to take the sidewalks from Waterloo (wheelchair friendly Tube Station) and walk 10 minutes to Tunes Hotel. Tunes Hotel should highlight this as my wife and I had to carry our heavy luggages up and down steps in Tube stations getting to Lambeth North only to be told that Waterloo is just 10 minutes round the corner at Lower Marsh.

Nonetheless I do recommend this hotel for the budget traveler.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road are not noisy at all.
2 Thank PatYu
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is very pleasing to see that we exceeded your expectations. Also, your comment about the room not being noisy is very useful and proves that our secondary glazing in the windows is successful in blocking out the road noise.
I would also like to thank you for your recommendation that we advise more guests in advance of their arrival of the proximity of Waterloo station in addition to Lambeth North.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I hope that you will choose Tune Hotels – Westminster for your next visit to London.
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was pleased with our stay and would recommend the hotel to others however we stayed for 3 night in a room with no windows and despite having an aircon, the room lacked air and was too stuffy. The rooms without windows are under ground so you hear the trains in the tube pass every few minutes however it's loud. The rooms are tiny but clean and the beds are super comfy. The staff were very helpful and its in a great location. Best of all, the prices are great for central London! I would stay again but book a room with windows this time.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank KathM85
Dorjbat, Manager at Point A Hotel, London Westminster, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing Tune Hotels – Westminster. Our staff are much encouraged by your words and I am pleased that our comfort and cleanliness met your expectations.
I hope you will choose our hotel for your next trip to London.