“Majestic yet Buzzy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #202 of 1,072 Hotels in London
london
“Majestic yet Buzzy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The building is dramatic and has been majestically renovated.
Due to the age of the buildings, the rooms are not large, but they are comfortable and tastefully set out.
The breakfast is sumptuous and the main areas is busy and buzzy.
The staff are attentive.
The bar is vibrant and appears to attract residents and non residents.
The only downside is an issue which luckily is becoming increasingly rare in hotels now - In this hotel you have to pay for Wifi access.

• 5 of 5 stars
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for these great comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and were especially impressed by the attentiveness of staff and the Booking Office bar and restaurant. As you say, the space, which is open from 6am until 3am (at weekends) is hugely popular with both guests and visitors. I do hope you were able to enjoy one of our Victorian inspired punches while you were here?! Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful stay at the St. Pancras Renaissance a couple of weeks ago. The hotel is magnificent and the service was first class. Anka and Oana in the Club provided outstanding service for breakfast and at other times- immediately fulfilling our requests and knowing all of our preferences after just the first day. Jeffrey in the bar was terrific- mixing up some fabulous drinks and sharing insights about London. The concierge was very helpful in arranging for theater tickets and hard-to-get football (soccer) tickets.

We very much look forward to our next stay at the St. Pancras Renaissance!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed you recent stay with us and felt the service levels were first class throughout. Thank you also for taking the time to highlight Anka, Oana and Jeffrey, who were delighted to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognize them personally as a result of your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed in this wonderful ,historic building for a birthday .It was stunning in every sense .The food was terrific in the Booking Office ,the service was first class and the choice for breakfast was excellent . The room was very spacious with all the facilities for a brilliant stay.
The tour of the hotel which was included as part of the deal was fascinating .We relived the glorious days when the hotel was one of the most important buildings in the city .The guide has such a wealth of knowledge I would even be tempted to repeat it .
The views of St Pancreas ,Kings Cross and the Town Hall created some excellent photographs .
The location is very good within walking distance of theatres ,restaurants and famous landmarks .
I can't wait to revisit .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Barbara S
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted to hear you had such a good stay and were especially impressed by the complimentary historic tour. Great to learn you were able to get some good photos during your stay. If you haven’t already, it would be lovely if you could share them on Social Media (follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on @StPancrasRen). Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was our first visit to the hotel and we will certainly be staying again. From the moment we approached the hotel to be greeted by the staff we felt looked after.
The check in was faultless (thank you Theresa) and we were pleasantly surprised by the acknowledgement of my wife's birthday.
I inquired about the Grand Staircase whilst being accompanied to our room by Oscar, he willingly volunteered to show us where it was as well as pointing out other features of the hotel.
Found the food to be excellent and the buffet breakfast in the booking office offered splendid choice.
The weekend ended all to soon looking forward to planning our next stay

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and felt thoroughly looked after throughout your stay. Thank you for highlighting Theresa and Oscar, who were both thrilled to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognise them personally. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for one night in December after visiting Winter Wonderland and before going to Disneyland Paris the following morning, it is the perfect location for the Eurostar. The staff were very polite upon arrival and took our luggage up to the room for us. The room was clean and the bed was big and very comfy! The bathroom was also clean and the shower was easy to use. It was my 21st and they had put a complimentary dessert in the room for me which was a nice touch. We opted for the breakfast which even though it was quite expensive, it was worth it. The continental and cooked breakfast were both very nice. We had room service and again the food was nice, maybe a little pricey, but it arrived quickly. The hotel itself is a beautiful building and i wish we had been able to stay a little longer to use some of the other facilites. Maybe not the cheapest place to stay but it was very pleasant and i would recommend! Hopefully one day i will be able to afford to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you chose to stay with us to celebrate your 21st Birthday and pleased to hear you had such a good time. Our staff pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for guests and so I’m glad to hear the dessert was well received! As you say, the location is ideal for guests travelling on to Paris via Eurostar and you may be interested to know for future trips that we offer a complimentary VIP Eurostar transfer service to guests staying in Chambers. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Whist i have eaten many times at this hotel, this was my first night's stay there. I was travelling alone and whilst this seemed to surprize the staff they seemed to take extra good care of me. My usual experience is that hotels and restaurants stick the lone traveller behind a pillar ! The doormen were extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful. The concierge and reception staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful.

My room was really quite nice - I did not upgrade to one of the more traditional and luxurious ones though it was nice to be given the opportunity. I have to say that I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank louise d
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your recent stay with us. As a team, we pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests and so I’m pleased to hear you felt the staff went out of their way to ensure you had a good trip. Great to learn you would definitely return and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Hinckley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The whole St Pancras renovation has to make you proud to be British.The work and engineering excellence in originally building the Station Hotel is now matched by its breath-taking restoration. All the important original features have been retained. Found the reception service to be efficient and friendly. The rooms are new so as would be expected are clean,well equipped and generous in size. Only negative was the strong cooking fat smell on the corridor near to the lifts. Enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the hotel and taking a good look at the restored grand staircase a must if staying here.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were so impressed by the restoration of the building. I do hope you were able to join one of the complimentary historical tours we offer to guests, which really bring the history of the building to life. Great to hear you found the staff to be so friendly and efficient and that you were able to enjoy breakfast in the Booking Office, which as I am sure you were told, was the original ticket office for the station. Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.