“Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London

You added St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London to your Saves list
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Euston Road | St Pancras Chambers, St Pancras Station, London NW1 2AR, England (Formerly St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Retail Therapy in London
Ranked #211 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for one night in December after visiting Winter Wonderland and before going to Disneyland Paris the following morning, it is the perfect location for the Eurostar. The staff were very polite upon arrival and took our luggage up to the room for us. The room was clean and the bed was big and very comfy! The bathroom was also clean and the shower was easy to use. It was my 21st and they had put a complimentary dessert in the room for me which was a nice touch. We opted for the breakfast which even though it was quite expensive, it was worth it. The continental and cooked breakfast were both very nice. We had room service and again the food was nice, maybe a little pricey, but it arrived quickly. The hotel itself is a beautiful building and i wish we had been able to stay a little longer to use some of the other facilites. Maybe not the cheapest place to stay but it was very pleasant and i would recommend! Hopefully one day i will be able to afford to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thanks for this great feedback. I am delighted to hear you chose to stay with us to celebrate your 21st Birthday and pleased to hear you had such a good time. Our staff pride themselves on creating memorable experiences for guests and so I’m glad to hear the dessert was well received! As you say, the location is ideal for guests travelling on to Paris via Eurostar and you may be interested to know for future trips that we offer a complimentary VIP Eurostar transfer service to guests staying in Chambers. Thanks again for your lovely comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (752)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Whist i have eaten many times at this hotel, this was my first night's stay there. I was travelling alone and whilst this seemed to surprize the staff they seemed to take extra good care of me. My usual experience is that hotels and restaurants stick the lone traveller behind a pillar ! The doormen were extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful. The concierge and reception staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful.

My room was really quite nice - I did not upgrade to one of the more traditional and luxurious ones though it was nice to be given the opportunity. I have to say that I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank louise d
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your recent stay with us. As a team, we pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests and so I’m pleased to hear you felt the staff went out of their way to ensure you had a good trip. Great to learn you would definitely return and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Hinckley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The whole St Pancras renovation has to make you proud to be British.The work and engineering excellence in originally building the Station Hotel is now matched by its breath-taking restoration. All the important original features have been retained. Found the reception service to be efficient and friendly. The rooms are new so as would be expected are clean,well equipped and generous in size. Only negative was the strong cooking fat smell on the corridor near to the lifts. Enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the hotel and taking a good look at the restored grand staircase a must if staying here.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were so impressed by the restoration of the building. I do hope you were able to join one of the complimentary historical tours we offer to guests, which really bring the history of the building to life. Great to hear you found the staff to be so friendly and efficient and that you were able to enjoy breakfast in the Booking Office, which as I am sure you were told, was the original ticket office for the station. Thanks again for your kind feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed in room 173 in the Chambers section of the hotel which included the Chambers Club; definitely worth paying the extra for. The view was excellent overlooking the concourse of the station and had a beautiful high ceiling.Commendation should go to Marta,on front desk, Edward who assisted with our luggage and was very knowledgeable about the history of the hotel, and Dan in the Chambers Club all who made our visit pleasant and enjoyable.

We are looking forward to our next visit.

Well done!!

Room Tip: An excellent view from Room 173; the room itself is relatively spacious with wonderful high ceilings...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and felt your stay in Chambers was excellent value. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the view from your station facing room, and do hope you were able to see the new Terrace Wires art project being installed on the upper concourse?! Thank you so much for highlighting Marta, Edward and Dan who were thrilled to be mentioned personally. Thanks again for your great comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Hassocks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We've just returned from our stay at this beautiful hotel. The service is professional, very attentive and it was nice to see the pride the staff had in their hotel.
As Platinum guests we were initially hoping for an upgrade from the Barlow room, which was nice but no where near as special as the Chambers Suites. As the stay was a treat I decided to pay the upgrade fee. We were advised there was overnight engineering works on the platforms below so only one Chambers suite was available so it cost £160 to upgrade, a bit more than the £100 expected but worth it. The 'Woolf Suite' was beautifully appointed with a huge standalone bath tub and great separate shower. The suite was a little noisy due to I assume the engineering work combined with facing the Euston Road. The bedroom and living area had secondary glazing unlike the bathroom so the ear plugs came in handy.
The Chambers Club is excellent, one of the best exec lounges we've seen with friendly staff providing excellent service and a nice range of food and drink. I'd also recommend a visit to the indoor pool. The only minor annoyance was that we found out too late that the upgrade included a complimentary shave in The Gentlemen's Tonic. However we only saw this on Tripadvisor and then realised the barbers had just closed and remained so until Monday. A great breakfast rounded off an excellent stay. We hope to return one day...

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your recent stay with us and felt the upgrade to the Chambers Suite was worth the extra cost. As a loyal Marriott customer, I am pleased to hear you felt the Chambers Club was one of the best lounges you’ve been in. Access to this exclusive space is one of the many benefits afforded to those staying in Chambers. As you mention, a traditional wet shave is also included although this is usually arranged well in advance through our Butler team. Unfortunately, with last minute upgrades, appointments in the barbershop will very much depend upon their availability. Great to hear you were able to make the most of the pool in the spa though. Thanks again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were treated to a stay here by our son, having wanted to for some time. I know it's expensive but worth every penny. The staff are exceptional as you would expect, and were brilliant when I took a fall. Their concern and attention was 'above and beyond'.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for this fantastic feedback. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and consider it ‘a dream fulfilled’! Our Associates are proud to create memorable experiences for guests and so I’m pleased to hear you were impressed with the attention to detail they demonstrated throughout your stay. Thanks again for your great comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had a days work in Kings Cross and owed my wife a holiday so we decided to book a hotel for two nights and stay down. We chose the St Pancras as we both know the building really well. We had travelled North from the station for years, had the guided tour in it's decrepit years and watched eagerly as it was transformed to the fantastic station it is today. It is a stunning building and to sit in the hotel lobby where years ago I had stood in the cold waiting for a taxi (it is the transformed former taxi rank) was fantastic. The Hotel is architecturally one of the most stunning buildings I have stayed in, or even visited. Our room however was in the newer part and was a boring pedestrian room. No better no worse than a standard Marriott. But we still appreciated the rest of the hotel, the lobby, breakfast area (the old booking hall). In retrospect I would have investigated where the room was more. We ate in the restaurant too which was ok (see separate review!). Breakfast was good and the hotel was quiet. Nice smell which I always associate with a quality hotel!

Room Tip: Check where your room is, if you are interested stay in the old part...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased to hear you were so impressed by the regeneration of both the station and hotel and you consider it one of the most stunning buildings you’ve ever visited. I do hope you were able to join the complimentary historical tour where a professional guide really brings the history to life. As you mention, we offer a range of bedroom types incorporating 207 in Barlow House, the modern extension and a further 38 suites in Chambers, the original Victorian part of the building, but the period features can be seen throughout all of the public areas. Since you’ve commented on the smell, you may be interested to know, we use a scent throughout the building that was created exclusively to reflect the notes of Queen Victoria’s favourite perfume! Thanks again for your feedback and I do hoep to welcome you back again soon.