“Weekend Stay”

Ranked #193 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London UK
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

As a Londoner this is a building I have known most of my life. I have seen it look ok, then derelict and now fully restored to its former glorious self.
The hotel did not disappoint, its a beautiful building. Front desk excellent on check in, polite and quick. We stayed in the Chambers room which is stunning. The stairs, corridor and finally the room take you back to a bygone era, but with all the modern amenities.
We ate in the Gilbert George Restaurant and had an excellent meal and fantastic evening. Breakfast in the ticket hall was also good. Service in both first class.
The location, for those that don't know London, is perfect being right next door Kings Cross and a 5 minute taxi drive to central London.
As we usually have children in tow we value our weekend breaks, this one was fantastic and so was the hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a Chambers room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Turkeymil
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you were so impressed by the restoration of the building and do hope you were able to join one of the complimentary historical tours which offer great insight into its renaissance. I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy dining in both The Gilbert Scott and the Booking Office and felt the food and service were excellent in both. Thanks again for your kind comments and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Consett
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just returned from a great weekend stay at the St.Pancras Renaissance Hotel. Staying in a Chambers Suite, and having access to the exclusive Chambers Suite was the icing on the cake for our stay in this fabulous hotel.
The building itself is very special and unique, with so many interesting features to be enjoyed. Our suite was on the 3rd floor close to the grand staircase, which made for enjoyable walks up and down the stairs each day, especially with the sun shining through those long windows.
The suite itself was large, very well appointed, and a superb bathroom with all the trimmings.
The bed and pillows were pure luxury, and made for 2 very good nights sleep. Our experience of the Chambers Club was an attentive service, with some fab food and drinks on offer.
The ticket office bar was buzzing on the Friday and Saturday evenings, with entertainment provided till 3am if you wanted it. Drinks are a bit on the expensive side, but I assume they will be in line with any other top quality London hotel?
Great health spar and facilities on offer in the basement, and well worth a visit down there.
Having stayed at other central hotels, I have to say that the staff here were by far the friendliest and most helpful we have encountered. So well done and thanks to all the staff we met.
I really can't say anything negative about our experience, and look forward to returning to the St.Pancras Renaissance again before too long!!

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a Chambers Suite, pure luxury
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us so much! As a team we pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests so I am thrilled to hear you found all the staff to be so friendly and welcoming. Great to learn you were able to enjoy drinks in the Booking Office and make the most of our RLife LIVE entertainment programme which brings live music into the hotel every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night (alongside a larger, PR run event every couple of months). I do hope you were able to try one of our infamous Victorian punches?! Thanks again for your comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again very soon.
United States
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while in town for business. The location was perfect. It is hard to find the entrance to the hotel if you are coming in from the train/tube station. You must enter through the Booking Room restaurant. I was able to check-in early which was nice given the long flight. Turns out the Barlow rooms, which are newer, don't share the same charm as the rest of hotel. I was disappointed that the hotel did not provide a free bottle of water in the room (though there is a kettle for tea & coffee). The bathroom was nice, though the only way to keep the door open (& let out steam from the shower) was to prop it open with the little towel stool. Hotel provided turn down service each night. The hotel restaurant was quite expensive, I only ate there once for a light dinner. Otherwise, I grabbed breakfast in the morning at one of the cafes inside St. Pancras station.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

What an incredible hotel.

We stayed here the night of our wedding. The staff where so friendly and helpful.

We where upgraded to a gorgeous room over looking the train station which was stunning.

And before we could go to our room they promptly took our bags and insisted we had our picture taken around the hotel in various different breathtaking places.

On arrival to our room which was get another excellent part of the hotel we where told about breakfast for the morning and where to go etc. We felt thoroughly looked after.

The breakfast was delicious and had a huge variety.

Couldn't have asked for more on this stay it really made an already amazing day even more special.

And we will be coming back and recommending you highly too all who will listen.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, General Manager at St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! We were delighted to be the hotel you chose to start your married life in and I am so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed the view from your room and happy to hear the team looked after you both so well. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to welcome you back (perhaps for your anniversary!) soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed two nights at the end of February.
The standard Barlow room was well equipped, spotlessly clean and whilst it did not have a view (such as views around here are), it was very quiet, ensuring peaceful sleeping.

The hotel building is fantastic, and the staff unfailingly helpful and cheerful. In fact I would go so far as to say that the staff are one of the hotel's biggest assets.

Charging for internet use in the room is a bit mean at this level, but overall a very nice experience which I would be happy to repeat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DaveH52
Thank you for this great feedback! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your Barlow Room ensured a restful night’s sleep. Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff. As a team, we pride ourselves on creating memorable experiences for our guests and I’m delighted to hear you found everyone to be so helpful and cheerful. Thanks again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
sheffield
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We first stayed here in November 2012 for my Birthday travelling as 2 couples we had booked Standard Barlow rooms and were amazed when we walked in the main foyer the entrance the smell even the sweets in the reception desk were such a a nice touch.
We were met by unfortunately rude assistance who checked us in and we were in disbelief at how rude she was we didn't make a fuss and went to our rooms which were lovely even though in the new wing the theme of the hotel has been well contained throughout.
We enjoyed our stay at the Ren and used the facilities and talked of returning. Then when we checked out again we had the bad luck of being checked out by the rude receptionist who made us feel as if we were in her way and were hassling her to settle our bill.
On return I emailed The hotel and were invited back to stay and pay the standard price of a room and would be upgraded to a Chamber suite and access to the club we returned in the February and the Suites that we received were out of this world just WOW it was Valentines so they had set the room up with champagne rose petals and cakes we also had a card to access the Chamber club which means you have breakfast, snack's, alcohol, teas coffees all day the choice was great and would definitely return and pay for this upgrade if we were going to get use out of it again.They certainly made up for the bad manners of some of the staff however more improvements could be made for such a special hotel you would expect more from the customer service overall. Having stayed in other 5 star hotels in london the service here has got a lot to be improved on to catch up!

Room Tip: Check your room standard room's the ( Barlow room's) are in the new part of the building. Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback. I was so pleased we were able to welcome you back to the hotel again so you could experience the building in all its glory. I am delighted to hear the Valentines amenities we placed in your room were well received and that you enjoyed your time in the Chambers Club. I do hope you were able to join one of the historic tours. As one of the only hotels in London able to offer such an experience, it really sets us apart from other luxury properties and provides an amazing insight into the buildings incredible history. Thanks again for your comments and I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed in the Haywood Suite the night before my wedding and we had the perfect reception and hospitality during our stay. The Suite was incredible and my butler (Zsolt) catered to my every need following our email correspondences prior to my arrival. The service, quality of the rooms and catering are all first rate and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. The only thing I would say is that as it is on the main road, we heard alot of sirens etc, but that's not the hotel's fault. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for these fantastic comments! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and it provided the perfect start to wedding proceedings the following day. Great to hear you found your Chambers experience to be first rate and thank you for highlighting Zsolt, who was delighted to be mentioned. As a Grade I listed building, we were pleased to recently receive permission to install double glazing in road facing Chambers bedrooms and look forward to offering an even better quality product as a result. Thank you again for your kind comments and we do hope to welcome you both back (as a married couple!) in the near future.