“Brilliant venue”

Hammersmith Apollo Theatre
Ranked #245 of 1,749 things to do in London
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This venue has been recently renovated and the features are magnificent to see but more importantly it is a great venue to see a band or comedian as it is not to big. I recently saw Texas and plan to look out for future acts as it was so good. We were in the stalls and any row above row P is great as the floor slopes. The front rows are flat so I avoid them as most people are taller than me.
Very easy journey as theatre is across road from hammersmith tube station. Just follow signs for correct exit and I had the choice of Piccadilly line and district line to my connecting train.
There is a bar that you can use before and during the show. Reasonable prices but I take a bottle of water because if you buy one they take the lid and then you can't put it down between sips.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Love love LOVED Sarah Millican she was absolutely fantastic it was just a shame about the general experience...
We went in and were greeted with a warm welcome by the first two girls at the door. Should have bnrought my own sweets as I then forked out £3.20 for a bag of chocolate buttons! Once the doors opened we were pointed to our seats which was fine until the gentleman said "No filming or flash photography allowed OK?" It seemed very patronising to us. And then to make it worse the staff member was drinking juice whilst assisting customers. I work in a theatre myself and if we were caught drinking juice during this we would get a telling off as it is unprofessional looking. And to make it worse DURING the performance people kept on coming in and out to get drinksm, which I think is the absolute HIGH of bad manners!
Other than that Sarah Millican I loved you!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I took my daughter to see Blue here, I haven't been to the Apollo in a long long time. The venue was easy to get to, with the tube station right outside the door. Although there appeared to be ac crowd outside, there wasn't any queue. Our tickets were checked straight away. In the foyer you could purchase drinks and merchandise, or go upstairs to the bars up there. We were shown to our seats which were in the stalls. Although we didn't use the bar, people around us did and judging by the way they were backwards and forwards to the bar it would be fair to say that 1) prices must be reasonable 2) that there were all served quickly.
We had a great night the only problem being that as it was a week night concert, we had to leave before the final encore to make sure that we could get a tube back to Victoria to make our Homeward bound connection. There was a lot of waiting in between the warm up acts and Blue coming on stage. If they had got on earlier, we wouldn't have had to rush off.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were lucky enough to get tickets for this rare appearance by one of my favourite artistes.

The show was terrific, the sound and view were brilliant - other than the two morons in front of us who spent the whole show with their tongues down each others' throat and mauling each other - totally blocked my wife's view and spoilt the evening for her. Not the venue's fault but the stewards really ought to have observed what was happening and told them to alter their behaviour or leave. These two were in their 40s, I would guess, and should have known better - it was a quite revolting sight.

However, that apart, I was extremely impressed with the venue - not visited for almost 40 years. I particularly admired the speed at which they admitted a large crowd...including id-checking every person. We liked the circle bar too.

So a great evening other than these two thoughtless, inconsiderate and selfish idiots in front of us. For the management's information, we were in seats 14 and 15, row E of the circle - which would have been excellent seats.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very popular venue - seen quite a few bands here. This time was to see Matchbox Twenty and it certainly wasn't a let down! A fantastic band and the venue held them perfectly! Have always beene in the stalls section as standing, and the sloped floor provides ample space and view of the stage. Never had a bad experience here! Only let down is the toilets. Not particularly pleasant, but for a few hours, I can manage to not go! Bar serving light snacks and drinks, all priced at the normal event price (slightly on the expensive side).
Close to the Hammersmith tube station and connects to several lines. Only a small walk and simple to find!