“Great venue”

Hammersmith Apollo Theatre
Ranked #245 of 1,749 things to do in London
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Well set-up for large crowds. Easily located. Short walk from tube station, close to bars and restaurants. Reasonable prices for drinks, snacks etc.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been going to gigs at Hammersmith since the 70's, and I have never experienced anything like this. Other "sold out "events I have attended were not like this one. There was always room to move.
I saw ZZ Top Monday 24th June. I couldn't even get in the stalls it was so overcrowded and hot. We all pay good money nowadays and I don't think its too much to ask that you can get into the venue!!!
Will only attend seated events from now on but worried that something bad will happen here soon. I have voiced my concerns to Hammersmith but have not received an answer to date.
I am so upset as this has always been my favourite venue and I can't believe I paid to stand in the outer corridor. Not good enough!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great venue, well organised on arrival and entering the venue. All staff where happy and helpful, and the bar was well organised and easy to get served (always a bonus). Great for music and can imagine any other act or performance in this great venue.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My first and last time at the Apollo,my partner and I went to see Rodriguez and although he is now getting on in years it made no differance to us as we love his music and the story behind it.However it was totally spoilt by the Apollo keeping the bar open during the performance.We felt it was an insult to Rodriguez having people constantly getting up and going to the bar and a big distraction to people like ourselves who were so looking forward to what was probably the last performance in this country he will be well enough to perform in.

I have never been to a performance where the bar is a constant flow through the performance,why go to see a legend and then spend your time back and forth to the bar...RUDE....pub down the road go there and let people who really wanted to listen to him enjoy their performance.

The Apollo just wants to make money on the beer,shame on you Apollo,have you heard if interval.Rant over and will never go there again whoever is on.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Flew over from Denmark to see a Steve Hackett concert. The venue is classic. So many great concerts at this place over the years. The overall experience was very fine, Sound and vision was great. Even from my seat at 3. row on the balcony.