Hammersmith Apollo Theatre

09SueP
Maidstone, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great but slow

Hammersmith is a great venue definitely worth seeing shows here Get standing if you can you save a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $118.40
from $81.60
from $119.70
More Info
All reviews great acoustics brilliant venue great sound sound quality tube station great view of the stage great seats toilet facilities upper circle gig queue stalls foyer comedian gods acts loos
Reviewed 4 days ago

GREAT venue!! Probably one of the best I have been to.
VERY quick and efficient getting in and out, the security VERY polite and even holds the doors open for you.I have NEVER been to ANY venue where the staff are this kind and helpful. As we were leaving security held the door open for us and wished us a good evening!! Inside the Theatre very nice and cool and refreshing,I have been to venues where its way to hot or to cold. seating was great,we were in the top circle and great view. bar staff VERY quick at serving!! I know people moan about the drink prices but gotta expect this at events. I have been O2 and Wembley all the same. The ONLY gripe I would have is they need more selection of beers.Will DEFINITELY be going again. Oh and the Pub around the corner 'Duke Of Cornwall' GREAT pub for pre-drinks.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

First time here since seeing Rod Stewart 45 years ago and I don’t think it’s changed too much (apart from the giant concrete road bridge almost over it). We had seats in row B of the stalls so a good view of the stage. There are 3 high up video screens showing the star on the stage for those who are seated at a distance. Seemed to be in black and white, I don’t know if that is always the case. It’s a fairly small venue by today’s standards (about 4000 seated) and I read one of the oldest best preserved theatres in the country. There isn’t any parking but we caught the 211 bus from near Victoria Station which only cost £1-50 and took an hour at the start of the rush hour. Hammersmith Bus Station and the tube are extremely close as is Broadway which is full of fast food eateries and open till 2am. The theatre is comfortable and there are stalls and the circle upstairs.
I’d come here again to see a band.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Next to a tube stop, with standing and seating options in a venue that still feels small enough to be intimate. This is a spot on place to enjoy tunes.

Reviewed 1 week ago

first time at the Apollo for me, easy to get to, nice little town, plenty of space and easy to get drinks

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hammersmith is a great venue definitely worth seeing shows here
Get standing if you can you save a fortune and have great views
The only downside is the bars get very slow and very busy staff too slow

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Although the concert we attended was fab, the staff within the arena spoiled the event. They are rude, stand in your view, anyone standing up enjoying ate told to sit down, one if the staff even stood, asleep!, when he did wake he was directing people totally the wrong way to their seats - not impressed by these staff at all - totally spoiled the atmosphere. The bar staff however were polite & served quickly .

Would think twice before attending anything here again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have attended numerous stand-up shows at this venue, but attended our first rock gig here. It was ridiculous, we had to queue for 40 minutes then when we finally got to the entrance we had to go through an airport style metal detector. I realise after the Manchester bombing that we are on high alert, but this struck me as being a little excessive and put us in a bad mood before the gig started. We never get the balance rightbin this country its always completely ove the top or nothing at all.

The staff at the venue really didn't help the situation as they continualy shout at people like they are school children which is just what you want when you have paid nearly £200 for the tickets.

This will be the first and last concert we attend here, the venue is ok, but the acoustics are not the best for a rock concert. The facilities are ok, drinks are a total rip off as you would expect.

We enjoyed seeing Daughtry but would not return to Hammersmith again in a hurry.

2  Thank Bundee
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I love the band they played fantastically. They get 5*s

The theatre sound is a bit iffy didn't do them justice. Bit bothered by that. The people sat Infront of us.... In the circle yes row C, 1234 seats... The most ANNOYING people I have ever sat in front of. Arrived late. Talking. They were very tall and kept leaning to talk to eachother. Then there seemed to be musical chairs. They kept swapping places with people they came with further back. Up down up down up down. Luckily the man sat next to us said something before I blew my top. But showsec security really need to get their act in gear rather than worry about the odd person in the aisle too long !

Anyway toilets clean. Drinks prices are scorching. But it's London

1  Thank rebel_riot
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had booked the last of the seats for Suede, row Z.
Wasn't expecting to much of a view, however was pleasantly surprised.
Due to the theatre not being over large we had an excellent view.
Getting in and out was easy.
Arrived by tube from Victoria, theatre right outside tube station.
Could not have been better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took our daughter to this venue to watch the Halsey concert a couple of weeks back, it is the second time we have been here so we knew what to expect, however on arrival the queue to get in was massive! It stretched all the way down the road to the side of the venue and it was taking ages for it to move. We got in eventually and found our seats in the upper tier.
The concert was enjoyed but I personally don't think the acoustics are that great in there, maybe it was just the set up on that particular day.