“Awful”

Fire & Spice Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Fire & Spice Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,161 of 23,242 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: FIRE & SPICE Imagine a hidden Urban Oasis, away from the hustle and bustle in the heart of London's shoppers' paradise where you and your friends can quench your thirst with Exotic Cocktails, sample Mouth-Watering Indian Dishes & Curries and then maybe indulge yourselves with our Tantalising Desserts.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was looking forward to going for a meal with my husband for his birthday so booked this restaurant as it was part of Hilton . It was the worst meal and evening we have ever experienced. We went to the restaurant and It was empty we asked to be seated round the corner and we were told that we have to sit near the door first. We said we prefer the back and they just took us but were not happy. We looked at the menu and we were not very happy as the choices were limited but we decided to order anyway. My husband choose the pasta and I wanted salmon but not with pasta but with mashed potatoes which was already on the menu. I ordered a bruschetta for starter and then salmon with mashed potato for main. The waitress immediately said I can't have that. I asked why she said that the chef will get very angry if he changes the pasta for mashed potaoes.I asked her to go and ask and she refused. Again I asked as it was already on the menu and reluctantly she went. She came back and said that usually the chefwould say no but today we have a different chef and they will but if you come back you can't have it again. I felt this was very rude. Me and my husband tried to enjoy our time together but while we were waiting for our food the waitress came beside us and started to make a racket in the corner. She moved after a while and then with her colleague started to clean cutlery very loudly and banging the cutlery. This was rude as you do not do that. Me and my husband own a restaurant and we know what restaurant etiquette is. You do this at the end of the night not at 5pm beginning of a service. After a while our starters came. Mine looked like a pizza as bruschetta is not melted in the grill. It was tough and stale and I left it. My husband ordered prawns and they were dry. So we left it. Then the mains came my husband looked ok but my salmon was burnt and dry. The mash was not mash just potatoes with no seasoning, butter or smoothness. I asked the waiter for some sauce was told there is none then I asked for olive oil was told that is why we don't serve mash. I told him it was for the fish as it is dry. He huffed and puffed and went and got the oil. I couldn't eat the fish and the potatoes so I left it. The waitress asked if all was ok I told her that it was dry and could not eat it and she smiled and took the plate away. No apology nothing.Me and my husband had an awful time, the staff were not welcoming at all, the food was dry and overlooked and the staff were not helpful. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone. To top it off my husband had stomach upset because of the food. Not recommended.

There are newer reviews for Fire & Spice Bar & Kitchen

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My 18 year old son had a celebratory afternoon tea here with his girlfriend here. He asked if the cakes had nuts. The waitress did not know so took the the cakes back to the kitchen. Returned with a full plate and said nothing, then came back and took plate away again. Returned with half the cakes removed. However the cakes that were left included macaroons which my son knows usually include nuts. He asked again and was told that the cakes did not include nuts. He avoided the macaroon but ate another one which he realized too late must contained almond and he had a reaction, which although was mild could have been more serious if it had been another type of nut.
We wrote to complain the next day and have not not received a reply two weeks later. We have chased it up with a complaint to the Hilton on their facebook page. They requested more details, but that is it and again over a week has gone by with no reply.
The management appear completely unconcerned about the whole situation, which could have had very serious consequences.
They also ignored an order for more tea

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had a meal here and was pleasantly surprised by quality of food and service. It is situated just off Oxford Street, within Doubletree Hotel (Hilton) but sadly in lower ground level, hence no scenic views. In fact, ambiance is poor, tables very ordinary, no linen and layout (in several rooms) creates no buzz or atmosphere. This place could do with redecorating and a lick of paint too. Service and food, to some extent, makes up for these short comings. Menu (choice) is very limited. However what we ordered was well presented, freshly cooked and very good.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a very plesant evening with chill music and a great shirlon steak, recomended by a very profesional and kind waiter. Thank you Jon for beeing a great host! We are comming back for sure

Reviewed December 8, 2013

My family and I visited the Fire & Spice Bar & Kitchen and were pleasantly surprised. It is located away from the hustle and bustle of the busy Marble Arch in London, although only a few minutes walk away from the main street. Upon walking in you are welcomed by very pleasant and polite staff who direct you to your seat and ensure you are well catered for throughout your experience here. The hospitality is some of the best we have received. We even received a telephone call from the head-waiter to ask how we enjoyed our experience. This was really out of the ordinary and a nice surprise. The menu has plenty of choice and I'm sure there will be something you will enjoy. The food quality is excellent and we will definitely be coming back sometime soon.