“Trendy place, tasty food but very small serving” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wallace & Co - CLOSED

Wallace & Co
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Trendy place, tasty food but very small serving”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I had swordfish as my main course for lunch. It was tasty but the potion was so small it would have made a satisfactory appetiser course. To satisfy my hunger I went to the high street and bought a Steak pie from a pasties shop bearing same first name as Owner of this restaurant. I may go back there again if the restaurant reviews improved because it does has a trendy and nice atmosphere.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rose C

“Very Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were a large group and certainly the meal I had was very tasty and filling. Definitely will be going back there again.

• Visited October 2013
“Totally hit and mis”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've been for breakfast, lunch and dinner, all of which were a mish mash of terrible to good.

Breakfast - avoid the pancakes. Mine were barely cooked and completely stodgy, barely edible. However, the friend I went with had mushrooms on toast which was better, although OK at best.

Lunch and dinner very much depend what you order. The roasts at the weekend are good, but overpriced, but their pulled pork sandwich is pretty good.

This is somewhere I'd drop into if I just wanted to eat somewhere different and was local, it's definitely not somewhere to go with high expectations of a really enjoyable meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PinkishRed
London
“Mean portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have often eaten at Wallace and Co and enjoyed the food immensely. Today I went for the lunchtime special, £8 for a main course and a drink. I had bream with mash. It was very tasty but the portions wouldn't have filled a child. Tiny fish, a scoop of mash and some onion and tomato cooked. I know you can't get much for £8 these days, but one shouldn't leave a restaurant feeling hungry. W & Co take note, it's not a bargain if I have to eat again when I get home.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“very attentive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

walked in on a friday night and the place was buzzing. all staff bery attentive; polite and very keen to help.we had the mezze for starters then steaks for mains and both were delicious.will certainly come back and so far the best meal we had in Putney.

Annabel L, General Manager at Wallace & Co, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We're really glad to hear that you had an enjoyable evening, we look forward to welcoming you back!