“Great pub with super friendly service”
Review of Marlborough Arms

Marlborough Arms
Ranked #5,473 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: The Marlborough Arms is a beautiful, old fashioned pub located in the heart of London on Torrington Place in Bloomsbury. Our iconic pub food menu is packed with Great British pub food classics, including iconic dishes like our hand-battered fish and chips, pie and mash and succulent burgers. Our drinks include a great range of real ales and an extensive wine list.
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I visited in one of the afternoon. Great atmosphere never get crowded. Great menu, wide range of pub food, although the price is bit higher than my usual pub, but its not bad for central London.
Super friendly customer service, they always check if I am happy with everything.
I was in the same pub few months ago, in the evening, there was over crowded and no food was served just because they were huge group of people eating and the kitchen only cook for them but not other customers.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My son and i went to the Marlborough arms on the Friday and Saturday night for something to eat as it was just around the corner from our hotel. It was very busy but we got a table and the food came very quickly within 15 minutes on both occasions. The portion sizes were fine the fish was large. It was all cooked fresh.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just arrived in London and went to the Marlborough Arms for a bit of supper and were disappointed. We waited for almost an hour for our food and when it came my husband's plate was extremely hot but the food was cold. I had the cheese sandwich with barnston pickle and there was very little cheese and the bread was very dry. Not a positive welcome to London.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Marlborough Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear 6053

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise about the service you received at the Marlborough Arms. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Taylor Walker

Reviewed March 3, 2013

An average London pub - staff not exactly exuding charm. Reasonable selection of beers and a fair selection of wines.Several TV sets on the go with different channels, so if peace and quiet is your thing its not for you.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Marlborough Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear WRB72,

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments to the management team of the Marlborough Arms who would like to thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards

Taylor Walker

Reviewed January 25, 2013

A lovely spacious London pub, which we visited for something to eat and a couple of drinks before going to the theatre. Great menu at affordable prices - fish and chips, burger with red onion & stilton, chips and salad, pint of Guinness and bottle of pear Kopparberg cider for under £25! Not bad for central London. Nice buzzing atmosphere and we really enjoyed it.