“Poor & Rushed Service - Errogant Management”
Review of Saravana Bhavan

Saravana Bhavan
Ranked #7,542 of 23,242 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Being vegetarian and local in Tooting, this place was once my favourite. We have taken most of our friends to this restaurant for lunch and dinner too. No doubt they loads of food options for vegetarians and the prices are very low. However, recently we have noticed a steep degrade in the service.
Most of the time, this place is full of customers and they have only one or two waiters to serve. They hardly hear what you are ordering and often bring wrong items. On couple of occasions, we had argument on this and we experienced that even the manager was rude and not listening to what customers are complaining about.
We have now stopped going to this place as there are many other options like Chennai Dosa, Masaledar, etc this area who provide better service.

1  Thank Abhishek S
There are newer reviews for Saravana Bhavan

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We waited for 20 minutes. Pathetic service. Instead of apologising the manager ask to move out. It was a complete mismanagement where people were waiting outside and no one is updating about the availability. One person on the table who apparently got the seat said..."i have been waiting for my food for more than 45 mins"

It will be last time i will visit any of the saravanan bhavan. Customer advocacy....will teach them a lesson.

BTW, i went to Mirch Masala which is opposite this place and enjoyed the evening.
I decided to prepare dosa at my place...

4  Thank Rakuja J
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Would Never recommend. Hopeless service, rude staff.
This branch at tooting is one of the worst Sarvana bhawan outlets.. I have been to several sarvana bhavan outlets and never had any complaint but this one at tooting is just not up to the mark.
The taste of the food was awful, starters and snacks were really BAD(Manchurian - both veg and gobhi are hopeless, bonda was crap), dosa was alright, uttapam was pathetic,

The Decor is alright, Music was loud and annoying.
The staff is unfriendly and quite rude. The service is very slow and staff including manager are not responsive. On several occasion we had to ourselves get up to get silverware, plates erc.. The waiters dont attend tables properly..
One of the dishes we ordered was never served and we were so fed up that we didnt ask for it and it wasnt in the bill to our suprise while the waiters who take orders come with smart PDA device to take order and did repeat the order once it is placed and despite that the dish was not served and billed was quite a surprise.

A Definite NO

5  Thank abmalhot
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went there with my family on 09 Oct 2012 and had the worst time of my life!! Pathetic food, pathetic service, pathetic staff. It was just awful. We were a group of 7 people and had ordered south indian dish for each individual and a Chowmein, On asking for extra coconut chutney (becoz they served so less with the main dishes) we were rudely told by the manager that they would charge extra for it if we are caught having chutney with the Chowmein!!! The manager went on saying that they will keep an eye on our table to see with what all stuff we are having that stupid extra chutney that we ordered!!.... BTW who eats chutney with Chowmein... yuckkkk!!!! ....
The food was horrible and the service was disgusting!!! Please dont waste your time and money by goin to this awful place!!!

6  Thank Aditi M
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Ufff,,,, this has to be the biggest disgrace to the prestigious chain of Foods ( at least in Delhi, India). We were hoping it to be better than other Sarvana Bhawan restaurants.

First of all the food was not at all good, I have had better south Indian food here in London. Chennai Dosa is far more tasty and authentic.

Secondly and to my horror, upon asking for extra coconut chutney, the waiter gave us a tough look and mumbled something which atleast I could not understand and after that I stopped passing by lousey manager and asked if Chutneys are at extra cost or what ? He counted no of plates on our table which were 7 and he in his mind might have calculated something I dont know what and went to kitchen and bought us a small potion (not more than two table spoons) of Coconut Chutney and said
"If you eat chutney with noodles I will charge for that" ---- WHATTTT ?? Noodles with coconut chutney ? are you ok mr Manager ... and on top of it he said "I will keep an eye on you all !!"

It was an insult to sit there and have food.

DO NOT GO THERE ..... food is not at all tasty and owners are stupid. !!

5  Thank Mudit M