“My Birthday Treat from the Master of real French Food!”
Review of Koffmann's - CLOSED

Koffmann's
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Opened at the Berkeley hotel 14th July 2010. Pierre Koffmann was previously the head chef who attained 3 Michelin stars with his restaurant La Tante Claire. He has made a comeback this year following his success at the Pop up restaurant in Selfridges last year in 2009.
London, England, United Kingdom
“My Birthday Treat from the Master of real French Food!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday as he'd been previously hosting a client lunch and I was extremely jealous! I have always been a huge fan of Pierre Koffmans' cooking and I was not disappointed. I went there purely because I love real French food cooked perfectly as it should be. I started off with the escargots with bone marrow and parsley foam followed by one of Mr Koffmanns' signature dishes Pied de cochon, Tante Claire that I am assuming he created when he owned and ran this restaurant in his early days. It was absolutely amazing! My husband had the famous Souffle aux pistaches et sa glace that is quite an experience and truly delicious! There were some incredible daily specials on the menu but I had to try the signature dishes so I guess I will be going back. This restaurant is to be recommended for 'Food Lovers' and not diners who just want to go to a named restaurant for the prestige of it - it is not that type of place! Service was top class and unpretentious - I even got to shake hands with Mr Koffmann too which made my day! I WILL be going back! We went on a Saturday lunchtime as it was snowing and we didn't want to get stranded on the way back!!

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“A good range to choose from..”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The evening started with a warm welcome, which is always a good start. The style of restaurant is confortable and nicely set up. Genrally the staff were nice though perhaps a little snooty, this could be our misfortune as tables had dedicated staff.
A starter of scallops, six small scallops in their shells. Quite tastey, cooked with parsley and cheese. The rabbit was delicious gently stuffed with sage and garlic sausage meat, oddly served with pasta. The casoulet looked good and had the essential ingredients.
The choice of breads, excellent but not described just left on the table,
Dessert choice was ok, nothing stood out for us.
On the whole a lovely evening with rustic french food.
The wines were satisfactory.

1 Thank nmaria
London
“Fantastic lunch!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went here for my birthday lunch with my husband. Food was fantastic, awesome bread basket, scallops and soup starters, main course of beef cheeks which melted in the mouth. For desert we had pistachio souffle which was incredible, and was brought as a surprise as my husband knew I really wanted it, but it wasn't on our set menu. The lovely waitress went along with his subterfuge and even came and took my order for an alternative desert before producing the soufflé! The wine was very well matched with the food, and the service was second to none. They are very intuitive and notice when you need to wait, and when you are ready, everything was perfectly timed and cooked. The atmosphere is cosy and relaxed with beautiful flowers and you feel really special eating here. I can't wait to go again!

1 Thank SUSAN S
leicester
“Absolute quality !!!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

what a great place for lunch for 4 on a cold friday in january.
beautifully decorated, immaculate service and very nice people, not to mention the food ! little point in describing everything as i thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, the staff and owners for making us feel very welcome and comfortable. Pigs trotter is a must.
thank you vrery much for a great experience

1 Thank billy86
Bracebridge
“Very good set lunch (Sunday)”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had previously been to Gordon Ramsay Boxwood Cafe on this site, now Koffmans. Popped in unanounced on a Sunday at about 1pm and were seated promptly, downstairs. The restaurant has changed the decor and is very welcoming and calming. We opted for the set lunch at 19 pounds + per person. My partner had a delicious soup and I had a salad of vegetables to start, both were good. He had the pot au feu and I had the baked Cod as mains. Both were perfectly executed and simple, but delicious. No desert. The wine available by glass, carafe or bottle was good. Service was exemplary and not overbearing, even though they were not too busy. A delightful lunch. Would definately go again.

1 Thank muskokaguys