“Royal Prices”

Neighborhood: Earls Court
Fife, United Kingdom
“Royal Prices”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Menu was overpriced, £2.50 for glass bottle of coca-cola, ££8.50 for cheese & pickle sandwich!!
Only Royals could afford this.....

Toilets were filthy!!

Visited September 2012

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Find somewhere else”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We arrived without a booking and asked if they had any tables. They said they would have one available at 6.10pm. I explained we were attending a concert that started at 7.30pm and we were assured that we would have plenty of time.

We returned at 6.10 and were shown to our seats. As we had studied the menu we knew what we wanted, and in order to save time we ordered there and then. A few minutes later another member of staff came to our table and said that she would be responsible "for our whole restaurant experience".

It got to 6.30 and we had not received our starter (which was cold cooked meats, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke heart). We asked the waitress who was responsible "for our whole restaurant experience" and she said she would look into it. Nothing happened. At 6.40pm I went to a group of waitresses ( we had commented earlier that there seemed to be a lot of front of house staff) standing by the till and said we had been waiting for 30 minutes and had not seen any food and that we would be leaving in 3 minutes. The food then appeared.

The waitress who was responsible "for our whole restaurant experience" then came to the table and asked if we were in any particular hurry. This seemed strange as we were eating in the Wembley Arena which to access we had had to show our tickets for 7.30pm concert. We explained this to her.

The second course then did not appear. We spoke to the waitress responsible "for our whole restaurant experience" and again mentioned the lack of food to which she said she had been to the kitchen and there was nothing else she could do.

The food did eventually arrive and we were still eating it when we the tannoy announced we should take our seats. I left the money for the bill in cash and we went to find our concert seats.

So the service did not even rate as poor. The food? The starter was simply put on a plate from jars so was o.k. We both selected chicken as our main course - nothing exciting and my partner's was dry. However the concert was fantastic. So my tip is to eat before coming to the Arena

• Visited September 2012
upminster
“Expensive for what it is”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Me and my friend went to see dancing on ice last Tuesday and decided to eat at the Arena restaurant, I booked on-line telling them the time and how many people. When we got there we had to go through door no 1 where a doorman said my name was not on the list but let us in anyway, when we got up to the restaurant the woman who seats you also said my name was not on the list, I explained that I had done the booking on-line she said that they phone you back and confirm the booking did I have this, I said no but not booking before you wouldn't know this.
I ordered mushroom in garlic bread and butter pudding to start with my friend had crab cakes, mine come up it was a very small block if it had one mushroom in it I was lucky my friend said she thought the crab must have got away because there was hardly any taste to them. Our main course was a lot better I had sea bass and my friend had chicken supreme which was also a small portion, that all came to £24 each but for another £4 we could have a dessert so we ordered (as we were still a bit hungry) cheese and biscuits 4 biscuits and 3 small pieces of different cheese and about 5 grapes. We also ordered a bottle of Rosa wine at about £16 cant quite remember the price.
In all it was quite an expensive meal for what you got I think they have to sort their starters out add a bit more to their main meal and make the cheese a bit more thicker then you can say you had a good meal worth the money.

• Visited April 2012
Howden, United Kingdom
“Nice Meal at a good price”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Having never been to Wembley Arena before, my daughter and I weren't sure of where to go for a meal before the concert. Luckily, there is a restaurant in the building and, as we had little choice, had dinner there. We were pleasantly surprised as we enjoyed our food and the service was excellent - definitely value for money and we would recommend it to anyone wanting more than a hot dog!

• Visited November 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Don't go here unless you are on an extreme diet or plan to go home hungry!”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My partner, child and I visited this restaurant on a wedneday evening last month. We ordered a main course each and some drinks. There was no childrens menu so I asked if we could have a childrens portion of moussaka to which the waitress replied 'yes'. we waited quite a while on the food considering we were the only people in the restaurant at the time which lacked any kind of atmosphere. The food came eventually, it looked of good quality and tasted ok but it was tiny portions. In fact my portion of moussaka was the same size as my 5 year old Childs portion. My partner ate his one measly shish kebab on a Childs portion of rice and we both looked at each other saying we felt like we had only eaten a starter and when was the proper main course coming (laugh). At this stage the owner walked passed and asked us was everything ok for us to which I replied 'well the food was ok but the portions were much too small. He got quite defensive and showed no respect for us at all. He continued to argue that the portions size was fine and that in '28 years of business he never had a complaint about the portion size'. We didn't seem to get anywhere with his arrogance and refused his offer of free deserts as this wasn't are reason to get freebies, the portion sizes were just ridiculously small and he couldn't accept this. We asked for the overpriced bill, paid the full amount (regretably)and walked out of arena restaurant utterly disgusted and HUNGRY!!!

• Visited June 2011