“Buzzy atmosphere, cracking food”
Review of Soho Joe - CLOSED

Soho Joe
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Soho Joe is the product of a husband and wife team who both have more than twenty years experience in the catering industry. Open from early morning until late at night, Soho joe is an exciting new venture situated in the buzzing heart of Soho, serving a range of food and drinks at extremely affordable prices. All food is prepared daily on site so whether it be for a coffee made by one of their professionally trained barristas or a pizza made by one of their award winning pizzaiolos.
London, United Kingdom
“Buzzy atmosphere, cracking food”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Came here with my girlfriend a while ago and had a great evening.

Tables are very close together (too close), but the place was buzzing, genuine atmosphere. Had a cracking pizza and shared a bottle of wine.

I'd describe this place as somewhere which does the simple stuff really well. Not the most outlandish menu, but enough that I'd definitely like to go back. Very reasonable prices too.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dan P

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Work lunch”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This place is convenient to go for a quick lunch as it's close to my work and quite cheap. You have to order and pay (in cash) at the bar. The pizzas and salads are ok. Not the best in town but for the price it's a good deal.

Visited January 2014
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Amazing Pizza and Lovely Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Noticed this place from the street with all the candles which drew me in, seemed a really nice atmosphere, people were sat playing cards too which I thought was really nice. I wasn't too sure when I sat down as the menus are pretty plain and not much on them but I felt so relaxed and happy due to the lovely vibe. My pizza was the best one I've ever had! We went on a Saturday evening during Happy Hour so we also got a bottle of prosecco for £10 which was such good value! came away feeling very happy and relaxed, only thing that would be good if they took other forms of payment instead of cash only. Such a lovely chilled place to eat though, will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank emwilcox89
hemel
“GOOD INSULTS/EVEN BETTER PIZZAS”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Read previous reviews.
First and foremost this is my favourite EVER restaurant
Why
Best pizzas in UK,easily compete with Italy's finest
OWNER :over the years Brian and i have become firm friends through Soho Joe's .His humour and putdowns are legendary
The 1 star reviewers ought to build a bridge,get over it and enjoy life
Oh! the staff are fantastic too
Do ask for Grappa -he hasn't
any,and that will guarantee your abuse for the evening
Soho Joe's is brilliant
Enjoy and please NEVER change

4 Thank davethedrill
San Francisco, California
“Good food, marginal service, poor manners”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently went to Soho Joes with two workmates. We made our order at the counter (establishment takes cash only) and on arrival of our wine the waitress spilled two full glasses of wine all over me. I understand mistakes happen but not having a manager come out and apologize is pretty pathetic. That followed by the waitress coming back with a towel and starting to wipe the table instead of offering it to me, no offer for anything from the staff, pretty sad really.

At any rate, the pizza was good, we had some of the appetizers which were fairly good so I am sure the food here is passable. No excuse at all for the service, pretty much a sign that that the first priority is getting people in and out the door. By the way my cleaning bill was 17 pounds in case you care.

• Visited January 2014