“compassionate customer care, fab food by candlelight”
Review of Soho Joe - CLOSED

Soho Joe
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Soho Joe is the product of a husband and wife team who both have more than twenty years experience in the catering industry. Open from early morning until late at night, Soho joe is an exciting new venture situated in the buzzing heart of Soho, serving a range of food and drinks at extremely affordable prices. All food is prepared daily on site so whether it be for a coffee made by one of their professionally trained barristas or a pizza made by one of their award winning pizzaiolos.
plymouth
“compassionate customer care, fab food by candlelight”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Please be prepared, this restaurant only takes payment by cash (or maybe cheque) but there is an ATM two doors away.

It is located on Dean Street, between Shaftesbury Avenue and Oxford Street. On foot from Shaftesbury Avenue, its closer to Oxford Street on the right hand side. The door numbers on Dean Street can be confusing (to me anyway!) as they can go something like:- 58, 56, 54, 27, 29, 31, 76, 78.

The tables are lit by candlelight so the lighting is very subdued and, at first glance, it seems very dark from the outside and so it may appear to be closed from the street if one is expecting to see a brightly lit pizza restaurant.

Having chosen Soho Joe's in advance from previous Tripadvisor reviews, I emailed them to make special requests as I would be travelling companion to a lady with disabilities and I wouldn't be able to leave her at the table to place an order at the bar. They couldn't have been more helpful or understanding.

On arrival, the staff greeted us warmly and had reserved a table for us in a corner away from the madding crowd as requested. Our order was taken at the table, food arrived promptly and our waitress checked on us regularly and generally made us feel both welcome and looked after. Food was excellent (10 inch pizza and a good sized warm chicken salad with plenty of fresh salad including half a nicely ripe sliced avocado)

At the end of our meal, the owners' son came outside onto the pavement with us to ensure were clear about directions to the theatre.

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great find this restaurant is...”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I came to London for the weekend and were looking for somewhere "special" to eat, found Soho Joe on Tripadvisor and were so not disappointed. The weather was freezing and the moment we stepped inside a heater warmed us up, welcomed straight away and offered a great table at the front of the restaurant. Straight away the thing that struck us was how great the atmosphere was, there was background music but it wasn't intrusive and that with the noise of those around you gives a very intimate feeling. We both ordered the Angus burger and the wait was timed just right. The presentation of the food was lovely and the burger was without doubt one of the best we've had! The only slight criticism would be that we both commented about too much salt on the fries. We didn't feel rushed or pressured to leave and wouldn't hesitate to return or to recommend Soho Joe. Go visit!

1 Thank ray w
London, United Kingdom
“Great Night !”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

12 of us were stopping off at Soho Joe's during my friend's stag do which was on a Saturday night. I popped in a few days before for the first time, I liked the look of the lay out of the restaurant and provisionally booked a table by the window. I confirmed by email and when we arrived at the appointed time the table was ready for us. Ordering was easy for the 10 of us as you pay when you order and the food arrived quickly and was good.The staff, though under pressure as it was very busy, were great fun and very welcoming and accommodating. We had a great night before moving on and all the stags congratulated me on my choice of restaurant. I shall definitely return, without 10 blokes in tow !! Excellent value. Great atmosphere. Fantastic service. As Mr Ramsey would say..."Done !"

Montreal, Canada
“Great pizza, great atmosphere, great staff!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A group of 14 of us ate here for my birthday and we were all really impressed - everything we ordered, pizzas, salads etc was lovely and it is very reasonable - £10 for a large pizza, £3.50 for a beer. Not running a tab was really handy as we had no bill to work out the end, you pay as you go along. Also remember to bring cash as they don't accept card!
The staff were really friendly and served us all at the same time, despite us ordering at different points - they were very organised.
It was a great night and we will definitely return.

• Visited March 2013
“No table service, no tabs allowed and don't accept cash!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the reviews I thought I had to give this place a try. What a disappointment! Although it has a great atmosphere and the food is good, the restaurant only accepts cash. This I could understand but what I couldn't understand is that they don't let your table have a tab. You have to keep running up to the counter to order what you want and pay for it as you go. It made the whole dining experience very irritating. For this reason I would never go back.