“I just don't get it”

Soho Joe
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Soho Joe is the product of a husband and wife team who both have more than twenty years experience in the catering industry. Open from early morning until late at night, Soho joe is an exciting new venture situated in the buzzing heart of Soho, serving a range of food and drinks at extremely affordable prices. All food is prepared daily on site so whether it be for a coffee made by one of their professionally trained barristas or a pizza made by one of their award winning pizzaiolos.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“I just don't get it”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Not bad food, not bad value - just bog standard lasagne and pizza. Perhaps we went on the wrong night, perhaps we ordered the wrong thing but apart from a pretty lively atmosphere I don't see what the fuss is about. Soho Joe is fine if you fancy an informal, pretty simply bite to eat - but then, so many places in Soho are.

Considering what's on offer in that area, I don't quite understand it's incredibly high rating.

• Visited January 2013

• Greek first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Weird service good food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I was really looking forward to going here. The other trip advisor reviews looked good but when we went we were not impressed. We walked in and there really wasn't much organization you don't know if you should take your own seat or stand there and wait to be seated. You are seated then go up to the counter to order. When ordering I was told it was cash only and you have to pay up-front with a similar attitude you get from a government worker at the DMV. I just did not feel very comfortable. I am OK if they have policies and certain procedures but explain them better and just be nicer. I can't say if all the staff is like that but the few I dealt with were. London is very big and has a lot of good restaurants I will probably not go back.

1 Thank Jason M
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“A Great Place With Great Food & Service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited Soho Joe on a busy Saturday night & can't wait for an excuse to return.
There was 8 of us & despite some being picky eaters the service & food was Brilliant.
I had the burger & it was Scrummy (also nciked a bit of others Pizza's & they were the best I've had in ages).
Good Food
Good Prices
Good Location
All in all Good

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank HemelGerry
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Service and Great Food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went for a pre-show meal and found all of the staff very friendly and very attentive. The food was fresh and the Pizza's huge (all £9). Burgers looked good too. Wine excellent value. Free shot as well!!

Highly recommend this busy joint. Will be going back when next in the West End.

Mike

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mike136
“Live and bubbly atmosphere with a prompt service even on a busy night”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The girls serving us were great, management and chefs were all cracking. Pukka burgers and great selection of authentic pizza's.

1 Thank Trebormat