“Immaculate Again”

Ranked #19 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Cheshire
“Immaculate Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is not cheap, but it really is incredibly good - a perfect example of getting what you pay for. Its virtually impossible to find fault with in our experience of staying twice now. Stunning building, placed right in the heart of where you want to be in London to see the sights; the rooms and spaces mix classic elegance and style with ultra modern touches. The staff and general standards of service are absolutely exceptional, as is the food. Spa is amazing. If you want to splash out a bit to stay in true style and total luxury in London, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LBEEOV
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of your stay at the Corinthia Hotel London, we really appreciate your feedback, especially your praise of our standards of service. The hotel is ideally situated for the business or leisure traveller, being within walking distance of many of London’s iconic sights, set near to the heart of theatreland, adjacent to the central transport hub of Charing Cross rail and Embankment tube stations, and with easy access to The City of London financial district. ESPA Life at Corinthia is exceptional with four floors of marble luxury with a state-of-the-art gym, a Thermal Floor, and superb changing rooms housing sleeping pods and separate sauna and steamroom. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back once more to our luxurious hotel.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in the Corinthia for three nights in early January 2013. I was looking for an upmarket, classy hotel but with a modern feel and the Corinthia did not disappoint (I find many of the other London five stars such as Claridges and the Dorchester to be too traditional in decor for my taste).

I emailed the hotel before arriving to let them know that my partner and I were celebrating an anniversary. At check in we were told that we had been upgraded to a larger room and in the room we found a delicious surprise cake and a lovely card from the hotel management welcoming us to the hotel.

The room itself was fabulous. Through the main door there is a small entrance hall. Straight ahead is a walk-in wardrobe with automatic lighting and plentiful wardrobe and drawer space.

To the right of the entrance hall was the bathroom which contained a walk-in shower with a huge rainfall showerhead (probably the best shower I've ever used!), a toilet with separate door, his and hers sinks with an enormous mirror and the biggest bath I've ever had the pleasure of using (more like a small pool with my 5'3 stature!), complete with a TV at the foot of it! Complimentary ESPA products were provided which made a lovely change to the run-of-the-mill products that other hotels provide. Slippers and bathrobes were also provided but I found the robes to be very hard, rough and uncomfortable.

To the left of the entrance hall was the bedroom. The bed was fantastic; enormous and firm but incredibly comfortable. The bed linen was blatently high quality. To the right of the bed were full length windows which opened onto a juliet balcony overlooking the courtyard incredible Baccarat chandelier in the lobby. I imagine the rooms with city views were much more interesting but probably not quite as peaceful. A table with two chairs stood by the foot of the bed, near the windows and at the back of the room was the minibar with complimentary Nespresso machine. The chocolates left as part of the turndown service were a lovely touch.

I only have two complaints about the room. The first being that it got rather warm and the aircon did little to cool it down. We actually took to opening the doors on the balcony (in January) in order to achieve a comfortable temperature. The second complaint is that the juliet balcony was littered with cigarette butts - I assume from the guest who stayed in the room before us (whose name remained on the touchscreen phone throughout our stay). It's a basic hygiene matter and it also makes you wonder what else has been missed by housekeeping. I would urge management to ensure that housekeeping pay particular attention to this as details like this can let down a hotel's reputation and I did find it rather disappointing after being so impressed by everything else.

On a more positive note, the location of the hotel was perfect. It sits just across the road from Charring Cross station and Embankment underground and tourist hotspots such as Trafalgar Square, the theatres of the West End, Parliament and Buckingham Palace were within walking distance.

The service at the hotel was excellent. We called reception a couple of times to ask for extra coat hangers and for a re-stock of teabags and both times this was dealt with swiftly. I phoned the concierge on Wednesday evening and asked if they could arrange tickets for us to see Les Miserable at Queens Theatre on the Friday evening. I knew this was a big ask as the show is always a sell-out, and the chances of getting tickets to it on a Friday night with two days' notice was slim. However, the concierge managed to find tickets through a broker. These obviously came at a premium but they were eight rows from the front, central and worth every penny. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Corinthia's "can do" attitude, I often find with upmarket hotels that you are made to feel as though you are inconveniencing the staff if you make any special requests but this certainly wasn't the case at the Corinthia.

We didn't get the opportunity to check out the spa and, judging by the photos in the brochure in the room, massively missed out. We also didn't get the chance to eat in the hotel (as we were so busy but the restaurants looked very impressive and I've heard raving reviews from friends.

I would also like to mention that the doormen were delightful. Always friendly, welcoming and ready with umbrellas!

Despite a couple of major niggles (the cigarette issue being a major niggle to me), I will definitely return to the Corinthia. I am yet to find another hotel to my taste with such high levels of service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AbbyMitch
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightfully detailed review of your stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London, and for highlighting all the attention to detail that makes the hotel so unique and special. We pride ourselves on our Craftsmanship of Care policy and training of the personnel team, who always enjoy going the extra mile for all of our guests. The hotel was designed by GA Design, who have cleverly incorporated the grandeur of the original building and combined it with modern facilities and technology to meet the demands of the 21st century traveller. The hotel is also in a prime position to access the best of London theatres and opera houses, close to many iconic sights and adjacent to the central transport hub of Charing Cross rail and Embankment tube station, as well as being close to the City of London for the business traveller. The hotel has some of the largest rooms of all London hotels, complete with en-suite under floor heated enormous marble bathrooms with rain showers and built in LCD-TV as standard, all beautifully and tastefully decorated for both comfort and pleasure. Your valuable comments regarding the balcony and bath towels have since been shared and investigated with our Executive Housekeeper, who has already briefed the team accordingly. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to having the opportunity to delight you again when you can enjoy both The Northall and Massimo Restaurants, as well as relaxing and rejuvenating in the exceptional ESPA Life spa at Corinthia.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed for one hectic business week during the Olympics, and enjoyed my stay, despite not having the time to soak up the experience.
I promised my wife a short spring vacation in London and decided to get the best of the Corinthia experience over a long relaxed weekend.
This is a wonderful building, in a great location, that has been converted magnificently into a stunning 5* plus hotel.
From arrival to departure all of the staff were exceptional, with nothing being too much trouble.
The room and bathroom were beyond beautiful and so well-equipped, with a very comfortable king size bed and lots of goose down pillows, and a great rain-forest shower.
We only dined in for breakfast, but that too was excellent and set us up for the day ahead.
This is our new favourite London hotel and it would be difficult to improve upon this experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of your stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London, it certainly sounds like you and your wife had a most enjoyable visit. You have highlighted what makes us most proud in the hotel, both the attention to detail and the impeccable customer service standards with our Craftsmanship of Care policy. The hotel has been caringly restored from a government office to a Grand Hotel for the 21st century, designed to meet the needs of the modern traveller, and is ideally located in a central hub for culture, iconic London sights and transport links. Our rooms have been beautifully designed by GA Design, and are larger than average for a standard London hotel, all of them come complete with an en-suite marble under-floor heated bathroom with rain showers and built in LCD-TV, and yes the goose down duvets and pillows ensure a blissful night’s sleep. The Northall buffet breakfast offers an exceptional variety of hot and cold foods as well as a full English breakfast option, and sets you up for the day’s business or sight-seeing. We are really pleased we are now your favourite London hotel, and cannot wait to welcome you again soon when this time you could experience The Northall or Massimo Restaurant for dinner and relax in the breath-taking ESPA Life spa.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great place to eat with very attentive staff and wonderful food. We booked via Bookatable - so had the equivalent of the pre-theatre menu. Don't let the limited choice put you off. It was delicious. We didn't stay so cannot comment on the rooms

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of your dining experience at The Northall restaurant in the Corinthia Hotel London and your great recommendation. The Pre-Theatre menu is excellent value, and has a variety of choice that changes seasonally, it has been so successful we have also introduced this as a Post-Theatre option too. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, perhaps next time as a resident so that you can enjoy our wonderful bedrooms and spa.

Midlands, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I contacted the hotel last week in regards to a room for the same week. Fortunately, we were able to get a room and I couldn't wait to be spending my Birthday in London and in the Corinthia Hotel.

Wehen arriving the check in was great, and the room was beautiful. Leading up to the stay, communicating with Concierge was easy and were accommodating to any of our requests/questions.

Had a brilliant say and will be sure to stay there again.

Just check check in, although it says anytime, I rang down and they said 12. They allowed us til 4, wished I'd asked for longer to save sitting at Euston on a Saturday night!

Cannot wait to go back and visit the hotel! Plus, afternoon tea at the hotel was wonderful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smileysmiler89
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a charming review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. We are pleased you were able to share your birthday with us and you had a really enjoyable time. The team at Corinthia London pride themselves on always going the extra mile and exceeding our guest’s expectations. Our flexible check-in, check-out policy is bookable in advance, and with notice the reception team will always attempt to accommodate any special requests. We can’t wait to welcome you back, when you could once again relish our exceptional Afternoon teas, or perhaps next time try out the amazing ESPA Life spa, that really would make your stay perfect.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Well I am no strange to London's 5star hotels and when a new one comes along I am eager to try. So I heard about the corinthia via some friends who work in the industry and said their bar was really something. Until the incident I had stay there a total of 3 times but on the 4th time in June I was on my second of 4 nights and was about get some cash from my room as I was going to exchange money for some dollars as I was flying to the US pretty soon. When I came to my money it felt light. When I counted it, it was almost £1000 down. Obviously shocked I contacted reception. They started an investigation!
Well a couple of days later I had to checkout and the matter was not resolved. I was made to pay my bill in full.
Upon my return to London I met up with a manager at the hotel Jean Louis. He said the matter was still under investigation and he gave me his card to get in touch. Nothing was ever resolved.
This hotel does not only boast to be one of the best hotels in London but one of the best in the world. You pay premium for this reason and you expect a premium service. This hotel epically failed me and dented my confidence in the hotel industry. I didn't even get a formal apology.
It's a lovely hotel but I would have to say stay at your own risk but for over £500 a night should there be any risk?

• Stayed June 2012
19 Thank Mossleyhill
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am very concerned to hear of your experience and your feedback as to how this has been managed. All incidents within Corinthia Hotel London are meticulously logged, we have checked all of our records for June and July 2012 and cannot find a report of the allegation . Please can you send me your contact details so that I can follow this up with you in person.

melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed over NYE and a great vantage point for fireworks. The pool and spa were mindblowing. The rooms were pretty big with a walk-in closet. Bathroom was really nice with rain showerhead. Staff, exemplary in every way. Anytime check-in, check-out, perfect for those who have early/late flight arrival/departure. Location is ideal, very near to Trafalqar Sq, London Eye, Big Ben, Covent Garden and not as far a walk to shopping streets.

Tip: nearby Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Covent Garden if you want good food with a very decent price tag.

Absolutely love this hotel and the best in London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank iashi
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel is ideally located and within walking distance of many of London’s iconic sights and tourist attractions, as well as being near to the West End for theatre and opera houses, adjacent to a transport hub and some of the best shopping streets in the world nearby; it is also parallel to the River Thames and benefits from great views from many of our rooms, suites and Penthouses, and is on our doorstep for easy access to the river banks and their various activities. All of our rooms as standard include en suite marble underfloor heated bathrooms with rain showers, deep baths with built in TV and ESPA toiletries. Our bookable flexible check-in/check-out policy has proved extremely popular especially with our overseas visitors arriving early and leaving late. We are really pleased you enjoyed spending New Year with us, let’s hope we have the opportunity to welcome another one in with you again in the near future.