“Northhall Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 1,070 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Northhall Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had our 3rd Anniversary Dinner at Northhall Restaurant. Very nice atmosphere, delicious food and great value. Special Thank You for all staff and especially to Aleksei, who made our evening special.Also there is beautiful terrace where you can enjoy cigar and cocktails after dinner.Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review of The Northall. I am delighted to learn we were able to make your evening so memorable on such a special occasion. The Courtyard is a wonderful place to end the evening. This inner atrium has two fire places at each end, allowing guests to enjoy their drinks in the open air. I look forward to welcoming you back with us so that you may sample our Massimo Restaurant and Oyster Bar on your future visit.

Matthew Dixon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

It fell on me this year to organise an evenings entertainment and hotel accommodation for just the one night for 7 couples here in my native London where I have lived and worked for hhhmph years now.

Having eaten in their restaraunt "Massimo" once before and used thier bar to quaff a few ales as a watering hole on my way home, Idecided to give the Corinthia a crack - as its a spankingly brand new luxurious hotel, very centrally located here in London, and mightilly well appointed.

Admittedly, 2 of our party had some hiccups getting checked in to thier rooms - which we later found out was due to previous guests making it unusable (deep thought - were they rock stars and did they trash it ? Or was it that civilised that they forgot to use the loo ? - who knows ? - better still who cares ?) I digress - anyway this didnt really detract from the overall experience and they worked hard to patch it up quick with some drinks from the bar and I believe a comp nights stay for both - so nil desperandum on this front.

Our rooms was simply blinding. All luxuriously decked out to an extremely high standard - and fresh as a daisy.

We all convened early evening in the bassoon bar - a swanky laid back place with cool people and cool music and a bar menu to keep all 14 of us occupied for a week. The manager had called me that afternoon to confirm he had fixed a nice corner for us to dwell and re-assured me he would be looking after us - true to his word he and another 4 or 5 of his staff did - down to ordering cars to take us on to Dover St Wine Bar - a dinner dance club a mile or so away (reminder to self - do a write up on this venue for the children of the 50s / 60s that want a good knees up to some 70's floor fillers).

We rounded up he evening around 1.30am back at the bassoon where getting some late night tucker proved to be a challenge which was a tad disappointing and if we were that determined could have dug our heels in but chose not to - hey ho - no one died.

Check out was a very unregimented and relaxed affair as normally storm trooping chamber maids want to invade by 11am desperate to make the room ready whereas on calling reception to ask what time should we be checking out the reply was "what time do you want to leave?" (was this person half way through a spliff I thought ?).Nice.

This gave us time to venture into the bowels of this landmark structure and find the spa and water park (not really) - its a pool, hydro pool, steam and sauna - but boy is it slick and once again just incredibly well done to a high standard.

We woke to the sound of thumping helicopters above and I thought "this is it !" (this is what - I dunno) - we later found this was Tom Cruise filming a new film just up the road in Trafalgar Square "Oi Tom ! Give it a rest - its Sunday morning for Petes sake!"

Breakfast was truly superb - a feast of almost everything one could wish to gorge on to set you up for a fabulous new day.

Checking out was painless and the concierge team were helpful and friendly getting us to our waiting taxi to take us back to home to sunny Surrey.

Judging from the folks around us it was mainly touristas and business suits - all very lucky ones at that - as it goes without saying if you come and visit London anytime, you could not have a finer base camp than the Corinthia and given the opportunity, I would gladly tootle back - maybe its because I'm a Londoner ?

Room Tip: Back of Northumberland Ave Is a less busier road but rooms are sound proofed !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Felixshortstraw
Thank you very for your wonderful review following your recent stay in Corinthia Hotel London. It would seem that your party thoroughly enjoyed their time here and were able to explore all areas of our hotel. Our flexible check in and out policy is a valued service that we provide for our guests and we recognise the importance in such flexibility.

The hotel is ideally located at the heart of cultural London making it a great place to rediscover the city. The hotel has been designed for 21st century travellers and includes all the small touches of luxury that our guests have now come to expect. Our rooms are discreetly equipped with the latest technology, while our bathrooms contain ESPA products from our spa, rain showers and heated marble floors. We aim to provide a personal and attentive service throughout the hotel and I am pleased to hear that Domenico looked after you so well. Bassoon Bar is our musically theme destination bar serving an array of theatrically created cocktails. Later on in the evenings we have live performances by jazz musicians, which I would highly recommend you try on your next visit.

The Northall Restaurant has a fantastic selection of dishes for breakfast with locally sourced produce from around the British Isles. I was pleased to learn you were able to experience our magnificent spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia. All our guests have access to our Thermal Floor which includes facilities such as a steam room, ice fountain, an glass amphitheatre sauna, vitality pool and a 9 meter silver steel swimming pool. I hope that your time in our four floor spa allowed you and your party to relax and feel refreshed.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the not too distant future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family stayed at this wonderful hotel from November 19 to 24. From the moment you are greeted by the professional staff you know you are entering a world-class establishment. It all starts with the staff---not only is there a lot of staff to service your every need, each staff member we encountered exhibited true professionalism and truly seemed to be striving to achieve the moniker of "Best Hotel in London". The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated and all the public rooms (the Library Lounge, Northall and the bars) were simoply perfect. My family includes two girls ages 15 and 11---they too loved our stay---from enjoying tea in the Lobbly Lounge--to the central location for easy access to london atttractions. We have already rebooked for a 7 day stay in March 1013. You must pick this hotel for your stay!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your glowing review of Corinthia Hotel London. I am delighted to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you have already booked to return. We aim to provide the best possible service from the moment our guests enter the hotel, going above and beyond expectations to create a truly memorable experience. Afternoon Tea under the soaring dome of our ‘Full Moon’ chandelier is a unique occasion and offers our guests a tranquil and graceful environment in which to relax. GA Design International are responsible for the redesign of the hotel and I am only too pleased you enjoyed these surroundings. We very much look forward to welcoming you back with us in March.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else when I'm in London. The staff is extremely competent and offer impeccable service. They remember your name, they're so polite and helpful. It was amazing. Let's be honest, in five star hotels one is often met by snobs in different positions. It's like they expect you to be grateful they accepted you as their guest. The Corinthia is totally different - and I sincerely hope they continue to be.
The room - spacious - with a gigantic bed and a nice sitting area and office space. Bathroom: one room with two basins and a huge tub. A separate shower room. A separate toilet. Luxurious skin care and hair products. Lovely marble floors. I could have stayed forever.
Magnificent breakfast buffet, including lots of fresh fruit and berries. And all the English breakfast stuff. Grilled mushrooms & tomatoes, bangers, crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, jam - you name it. And even at a busy time in the morning the staff was very present and took away used plates, glasses etc.
What an excellent, warm and welcoming hotel. And even better - it's contageous. When guests are treated like this, they offer the same great behaviour. I'll be cack - and sooner than they know!

Room Tip: The location is quiet, any room will do, I guess!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Siw Margareth G
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel, we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we could exceed your expectations. We are especially proud of our customer service standards and our specially trained hand-picked team, whom we positively recruit for their people and personal skills as well as their ability and experience. I am glad you pointed out how large our rooms are, they are amongst the biggest of all the major London hotels, and our sumptuous bathrooms come as standard with all our rooms. The buffet breakfast is a firm favourite amongst all our guests and gives everyone a great choice from fresh fruits to full English. We very much look forward to welcome you back at the earliest opportunity.

Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.
Near Boston, Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here and mad it our home base for my 60th birthday celebrations in London. From the very first time we stepped out of our transportation to the hotel and the warm welcome by the ever present doormen who always had a warm word of welcome, until the time we left and the door was closed for our trip back home, the place was magical. The hotel's general manager managed to find out the reason for our stay and sent a note - as well as a wonderful cake. Thomas at the door actually remembered to wish me a Happy Birthday and remembered my name! The superbly knowledgeable bar manager and staff remembered us over several visits. Each and every one of the staff was a pleasure to talk with - making us feel ultimately welcome as if we were honored guests in their own home. I am easily able to compare this hotel (and I am so distraught to use that word - since it is so cold now) to the extremely warm memories I have of the once famous Oriental Hotel Bangkok. I can only dream of returning.

Room Tip: I am sure that any room at this place is wonderful. Recommended without the slightest hesitation an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank foodster
First of all let us again wish you a very Happy Birthday and many happy returns. Thank you for your kind review, especially regarding our excellent customer service levels throughout the business. Our aim is always to exceed our guest’s expectations and treat each customer as an individual with the warmest of welcomes. Please do make your dreams a reality and make us your home from home as we look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate many more occasions.

Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We recently stayed there for 3 nights. My husband and I usually stay at a similarly high end hotel nearby but it was strongly recommended by our agent to try the Corinthia. It Is everything we expect in a top-level hotel in London. The service was wonderful; from housekeeping, technical support with WIFI, food, gym and spa, check-in, porters and very importantly, concierge. The room was spacious (we had a jr suite) and the amenities and features were perfect. My needed to work fro the room and he was very comfortable and the strong and consistently strong wifi made it possible for him to work without any breaks..We are fussy travelers with high needs and expectations and are prepared to pay for it. Our expectations were realized and more. We will return and look forward to it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our hotel. We have strived to meet the needs of the 21st Century traveller with state-of-the-art technology and free wi-fi throughout the hotel for all our guest and visitors, as well as our business centre included in your room rate. Our rooms are indeed amongst the largest of all the major London hotels and finished to exemplary standards. We will pass on your compliments to our teams regarding the wonderful service, and we are delighted we could exceed your expectations. We look forward to being able to do so again soon.

Kind Regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager.
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The service at the hotel was amazing. The entire staff bent over backwards to ensure that we (2 adults and 2 children) had a fabulous stay. Talk about going the extra mile - they sent the kids robes, slippers, lollipops, juice, cookies and bags of candy. Not to mention arranged a wonderful day at the aquarium for us! Each night after a day of touring, we were thrilled to come back and enjoy our fabulous hotel. One other important note, the rooms almost seemed sound proof as we couldn't hear anything from our neighbors - very rare indeed!

Another huge bonus for the adults - there was no nickel and diming as you often find with hotels. We got charged the nightly rate and not a cent more for any extras - including breakfast (included in our rate), wifi, etc.

This will be my go to place in London for the fabulous service, dining, location and atmosphere. Thank you Corinthia for a fantastic weekend. Can't wait to see you again next week!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristy N
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. We take great pleasure in welcoming children to the Corinthia Hotel London, and enjoy going the extra mile in our customer service standards to exceed our guest’s expectations by providing those unexpected touches. Our rates are extremely competitive, especially as we include so much as part of the package, including our fabulous spa, which we hope you will be able to enjoy on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Kind regards, Matthew Dixon, General Manager