“This Hotel is So Good, Wish in Good Conscious I Could Rate it One Star”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #18 of 1,064 Hotels in London
United States
“This Hotel is So Good, Wish in Good Conscious I Could Rate it One Star”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is my second review of this property. Wish in good conscious I could give it one star, to scare people away, thereby leaving more room availability for me and my colleagues. This hotel is superb in almost every way, and I'm as picky a global business traveler as it gets (see my other reviews for evidence of that). See my first review of this property for further detail. I stay here a lot, and the consistency of quality and execution is equally striking- almost makes me concerned that management and staff risk becoming complacent or arrogant- no signs of that now, but always a risk based on my experience. In the mean time, until then, without any doubt, this is my hotel of choice in London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for you kind comments in your recent review of Corinthia Hotel London. We continually strive to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations. The hotel aims to redefine luxury by catering for all the needs of a 21st century traveller. I am most thankful for your continued support of Corinthia Hotel London and I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Matthew Dixon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
MICHIGAN
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Corinthia Hotel London was new for us. It is located centrally in Whitehall, a block from the Underground.

It was wonderful experience all around.

The bed was so very comfortable and the rooms were great. Probably the best shower we have ever been in. The staff, from the doorman and maids, servers in the restaurants to the desk and concierges to the front desk was to a person helpful, warm and very competent. SPECTACULAR is the best way to describe them.

It is a bit pricey (but it was London) and we had a package that had every 3rd night free and breakfast included so that helped.

If you are looking to a high end hotel, do not pass this one up!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am most thankful for your kind comments following your recent stay with us in Corinthia Hotel London. The hotel is ideally located at the heart of cultural London and is within walking distance of some of London’s major attractions. Our rooms have been designed for 21st century travellers, with the latest technologies and comforts our guests may need. We pride ourselves in offering a friendly and attentive service and I am glad to hear you found the team to be helpful. I do hope you will return to the hotel and sample our magnificent spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The Corinthia Hotel magic starts at the door, the professional but not stuffy employees are welcoming and warm. Check in is efficient and easy.
My hotel suite was stunning, big bathroom and very well designed.
We had champagne in the bar which was stunning.
Highly recommend for a special stay in London 5

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you kindly for your wonderful review of Corinthia Hotel London. We aim to make our guest’s stays as seamless and comfortable as possible and so I am delighted to learn we were successful. I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Maybe a tad more expensive then some hotels but this truly is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. It was my wife's birthday and we were upgraded to an executive suite. There was a yummy chocolate cake in the room. The art of a true class hotel is to be 5 star but also very welcoming. We felt like honoured guests from the minute we set foot in the hotel. Very impressed. Loved the spar. Fabulous breakfast, all food top quality. Room perfect, bed incredible. Excellent soundproofing. Love the ESPA bathroom and the bath TV! We will definitely make this our London hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank georgesmith50
I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us on the occasion of your wife’s birthday. We consistently aim to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations and enhancing your stay in any way that we can. Our rooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market and are discreetly equipped with all the latest technology and facilities that a 21st century traveller may need - our LED TVs at the foot of the bath are especially popular with our guests. I am also glad to hear you were able to experience ESPA Life at Corinthia, our magnificent spa, which is spread over four floors. Our gym and Thermal Floor are complimentary to all our guests and provide the perfect place to escape at the end of the day. I hope you will return to Corinthia Hotel London soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very impressed by all aspects of this hotel. On the doorstep of Trafalgar Square, stones throw from The London Eye, short walk to Regent/Oxford Street you couldn't be better placed for sightseeing/shopping. The hotel itself is cool and contemporary yet equally welcoming. Professional and warm service, echoed throughout our stay with all staff. Massimo restaurant excellent food, service and ambience. Outstanding room with best ever shower-super turbo charged water pressure! Compelled to write this review by our outstanding stay in this top hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to learn of your feedback regarding your stay with us at Corinthia Hotel London. Our central location is at the heart of culture, politics, business and entertainment, making it the perfect place to visit London. The hotel has been elegantly redesigned by GA Design International with the perfect combination of traditional grandeur and modern freshness. We continuously strive to provide the best possible service, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations and so I am most pleased you found it to be professional and warm. I very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a true 5 star hotel. My stay was for 5 nights so I had a good chance to really check this place out. The architecture is fantastic. The ballrooms and common areas make you feel like you are in a real palace and not the fake glitz you sometimes see. The staff go out of their way to accommodate and the service level is high. Rooms get a thorough cleanup every day and the rooms were indeed spotless. The very large bathroom had super facilities from the tub to the shower to the heated tile floor. Hardwood floors, separate dressing room, tasteful artwork, comfy beds and upscale lighting made my stay very, very easy and....nice. The exercise facility in the spa is probably way better than your everyday facility. There were a couple downsides. Wireless internet tended to be slow. The breakfast staff in the hotel restaurant tended to be harried and service was consistently slow. Since breakfast was included in the room charge, I simply gave my room number at entrance and did not wait for the staff to do anything. When I was ready to go, I left and all worked out fine. The breakfast buffet had a super selection of high quality options but at a premium price.

Room Tip: I had a "twin" room (2 double size beds) at the end of the building. The view was bad but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. The property has a fascinating history dating back to 1885, when the building was formerly the Victoria hotel ‘The Hotel Metropole’. GA design International has respectfully regenerated the hotel combining traditional grandeur with modern freshness creating an elegant and contemporary space. We pride ourselves in offering a friendly and attentive service and so I am pleased to hear our team assisted you in every way possible. Our rooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market and are designed for 21st century travellers. With heated bathroom floors, LED TVs at the foot of the bath and the latest technology in the bedroom, we aim to make your stay truly seamless. ESPA Life at Corinthia is our magnificent spa and is spread over four floors. Our 24 hour gym and Thermal floor are complimentary to all our guests and are well worth exploring. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the slow internet service. The hotel does in fact have 100MB x 100MB uncontended symmetric connection, however I believe that during your stay we experienced a slight problem with the service. I hope that you were able to use our business centre facilities during this time. Our breakfast selection in The Northall is superb; however I am sorry to hear that you found the service to be slow. Please do rest assured I will be addressing this issue. On behalf of us all here at Corinthia Hotel London, I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Dutchess County, NY
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Despite the fact that we have family in London that recommended Browns or Dean Street Townhouse, we took the advice or our American Express Travel Agent and stayed at the Corinthia from October 3 through the 6. SO very glad we did! This is a beautiful, classy, but very warm and inviting hotel property. It has an amazing, comfortable lobby where you can have high tea, a coffee, evening drink or just sit and relax. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable helping us with everything from dinner recommendations/reservations, touring info and even giving us a ride to dinner one night (gratis) in the hotel's Jaguar! My husband and I went with our 22 year old son as a graduation/lets do something fun before you start your career trip. We booked standard rooms - both were wonderful. The rooms were generous in size and wonderfully furnished. Our son's room was more "standard" in that he had a regular closet and just one sink in the wonderful marble bathroom. Our room, however, had a very large (dressing room size) closet and a small "juliet" balcony that overlooked an interior courtyard. Our bathroom had two sinks (which we find very handy). The shower is AMAZING. The location is great - very near to the river, Parliament, etc. Hands down on our next trip to London we will stay at the Corinthia (for that matter if we are in any of the cities where there are other Corinthia Hotels we will give them very serious consideration). AWESOME!

Room Tip: A standard room with a "juliet balcony"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments with us following your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel London. I am delighted to learn your Travel Agent’s recommendation fully lived up to your expectations. The hotel has been respectfully regenerated throughout and GA Design International has done a wonderful job in creating an elegant and contemporary space. We consistently aim to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guest’s expectations and I am most pleased to learn our team was able to assist with all your requirements. Our rooms are some of the largest in the London luxury market, averaging 45m2, allowing ample room for our guests to relax. Our inner courtyard rooms are extremely quiet and are perfect for those who need a good night’s sleep. Equipped with the latest technology, rain showers and heated bathroom floors, our rooms exude luxury. Our central location is perfect for those travelling on leisure and business and I am so pleased you were able to explore the area. I hope you will return and visit Corinthia London in the near future.