2,840 results
All reviewsbassoon barnorthall restaurantafternoon tealobby loungetrafalgar squarethermal floorespa spasleep podswalk in closetamazing spaembankment tube stationheated floorsbeautiful hotellondon eyerain showersteam roomturn down service
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I just got back from five nights spent at the Corinthia Hotel. I cannot express how much I enjoyed myself. I nearly teared up when it was time to leave. I stayed in a Deluxe King Room, overlooking Whitehall Place (which was at my request--I don't really like inward facing hotel rooms). I'm not a super light sleeper, but I did leave the window open for the entire visit and I didn't find it all that noisy. Your mileage may vary.

I entered the room into a kind of vestibule. To the right, was the bedroom itself, with the bed, TV console, a round table with two chairs, two bedside tables and some built-ins. To the left was a generously sized bath with a separate (huge) rainforest shower, deep soaking tub (with a wall-mounted TV at one end) and double sink. Straight ahead was a large walk-in closet.

Everything was decorated to the highest standard--marble, wood and chrome in the bath; sophisticated, muted colors in the bedroom (with jewel tone accents). The room had a Nespresso machine and the necessary fixings for multiple varieties of tea and coffee. The electrical design was really smart. They had a wall of outlets all intended for electrical plugs of different shapes and sizes (and voltages, I'm guessing, though I didn't need to test that). The room's lights were controlled by panels either on the wall or bedside, and you could choose various schemes (full light, mood lighting, reading lights, etc.), depending upon your needs. Room availability (Do Not Disturb, Please Make Up Room) was also managed by electrical means. The wireless internet was free and speedy.

The minibar included several different hard liquors, a couple different kinds of wine, soft drinks, designer chocolates and various nuts from Harrods (among other goodies). Each night, as part of the turn-down service, chocolate was left on the pillows. The television selection was good, but skewed towards European programming. Americans looking for familiar channels will be disappointed. The only U.S. station was the Discovery Channel (why would you fly all the way to London to watch TV anyway, though--go out and soak in the culture!).

The hotel has everything you need--a hair salon (which I didn't frequent), a spa (which I certainly did--more on that in a minute), three restaurants (Lobby Lounge, Northall, Massimos), and a bar. There is also a small flower shop/Harrods boutique.

I didn't plan on it, but I ate every meal at the hotel. Breakfast was delicious. There was an extensive buffet set up with hot and cold entrees, as well as an a la carte menu. Northall was elegant and featured a modern, mixed menu. I highly, =highly= recommend the duck. Though the filet was excellent was well. I didn't eat at Massimos (though I have no doubt it upholds the high standard of the other restaurants), but you're really missing out if you don't have high tea in the Lobby Lounge. They offered a superb selection of finger sandwiches and pastries, and if you're a bit of a tea novice (like me!), the servers were only too happy to offer suggestions.

The ESPA spa is outstanding. I had a massage, facial, mani-pedi and visited their osteopath twice. He's a genius. I got off the plane after my eight hour flight, virtually unable to move my lower back. He used acupuncture, massage and stretches to get me back in shape. I don't know what I would have done without him. The facility itself is nearly all underground, which I'll confess made it feel a bit cave-like at times. But it, like everything else, is beautifully appointed and the thermal floor with its pool, sauna, steam room, vitality pool (super powered Jacuzzi stations all in a single large pool) and heated chaises was the height of luxury.

The location is unbelievably convenient. The Embankment tube stop is virtually across the street, Trafalgar Square is perhaps a couple of blocks away. Parliament, 10 Downing Street and Westminister Abbey are all less than a 10 minute walk and the Covent Garden theatre district is perhaps five minutes more than that (though there is a theatre directly across the street).

What truly sets the Corinthia apart, however, is the standard of the service. The woman who checked me in walked me to my room to show me around. After one visit to the Northall, the staff knew me by name and were always highly solicitous of my needs. All the therapists at the spa were friendly and helpful, and truly seemed as if they cared about my well-being.

I can't recommend the Corinthia highly enough. The next time I return to London, that's where I'll be staying. They showed me an awesome time.

Room Tip: If you're planning on using the spa (particularly the pool and/or thermal floor), there's a dedicated spa elevator, which means you can toddle on down in your robe and slippers and no one will look at you funny. It's tucked away, so be sure and ask to have a room at that end of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank KMarieR
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your glowing review of Corinthia Hotel London. It is wonderful to hear just how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by our room and bathroom offering. As you mentioned, we also have a rather luxurious minibar and turndown service. Thank you for your feedback on the TV channels available and this is certainly something we will consider for the future. As you said, there are many wonderful things to see and do in London – many of which can be reached by foot from the hotel.

Corinthia Hotel London does indeed feature London’s second Daniel Galvin hair salon, which is a unique offering. I would certainly recommend visiting Daniel Galvin at Corinthia on your next visit. Our two restaurants offer fine dining and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed Breakfast at our British restaurant, The Northall. The Lobby Lounge also offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, yet is celebrated for having one of London’s finest Afternoon Tea services. I am very happy that you were able to experience our High Tea service. ESPA Life at Corinthia is London’s largest hotel spa and is designed to deliver complete serenity and relaxation from the exciting city that surrounds it. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the treatments and that you visited Bhart Shemar, our in-house Osteopath.

I hope you will visit us again soon and that you will have time to enjoy the spa again, as well as our restaurants. On your return, I would greatly recommend trying Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar, as well as experiencing ESPA Life’s Bamboo Joint-Release Experience.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel is just gorgeous. I was travelling for work and always stay in a 5 star property. This one was truly over the top. From the beautiful lobby and restaurants to the bright, clean, modern rooms. Really this property exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable time at Corinthia Hotel London. Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I was glad to hear we exceeded expectations. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I chose The Corinthia as they were offering a particularly inviting deal on room rates this weekend. Have stayed at The Savoy quite recently so was nice to be able to give another 5 star London hotel a try.

From the moment we arrived the service was understated yet polite and helpful and we were shown to a lovely third floor executive room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. It's always nice when a hotel room actually looks like the hotel's own pictures, and the rooms really are as nice as they advertise!

There are sophisticated lighting systems in the rooms, which are spotlessly clean and equipped with absolutely everything you could need, and if it wasn't immediately available (for example extra pillows and an iron and ironing board) after a quick call to housekeeping it came almost immediately by pleasant and helpful staff.

The bed was really comfortable with silky soft sheets, and lovely big fluffy towels available when you'd got out of the rainfall shower. My only minor criticism of the room was the fact that there was only a small closet near the door. As we were only staying for the one night, this wasn't an issue for us, however if I was staying three nights or more it may have been a bit more difficult to find enough storage in the room. Having said this, it made perfect sense to put us in this room, leaving rooms with bigger closets for those staying longer!

The rolling check in/out policy worked fantastically for us, and sets this hotel apart in the 5 star market in my view. The spa was also very elegant and relaxing.

Had dinner at the Northall which was delicious with friendly and efficient service. We then went for some drinks in the Bassoon Bar where there was a pianist playing. The atmosphere was relaxed, and although the drinks were expensive you wouldn't really expect to pay less in a hotel of this quality.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London, the location is also ideal for sightseeing, being within walking distance of many landmarks and a three minute walk to Embankment tube if you are looking to go further afield.

One other comment was that this weekend temperatures hit 30 degrees plus in London. I thought it was a bit of a shame that the doormen appeared to have to continue to wear top and tails. They did this with as much of a smile and friendly welcome as ever, but it did make me feel a little bit uncomfortable, and I would have thought it would not affect the hotel's image to let them wear waistcoats or something more comfortable on the very rare occasions when the UK gets that hot!

Thank you for a lovely stay to all at The Corinthia.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank deb00uk

I was very pleased to learn that you decided to give Corinthia Hotel London a try and that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you found our team polite and helpful and that you were pleased with our room offering. As you mentioned, we have paid particular attention in designing our bedrooms to ensure that each has everything our guests could need. Naturally, requirements may differ between guests, so we are more than happy to accommodate requests to make your stay more comfortable.

We often receive compliments regarding our beds, bathrooms and particularly the rainfall shower – It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed these features. Over seventy percent of our rooms are equipped with large, walk in closets however, due to the unique size and shape of each of our bedrooms, it was not possible to offer this in every room. As you rightly said, we do our best to allocate rooms with these large walk-in closets to our long stay guests, simply for practicality purposes. This may have been the case during your stay, however, I do apologise if this inconvenienced you in any way.

I am pleased that our flexible check-in and check-out policy suited you and that you enjoyed our beautifully serene spa, dinner at The Northall and drinks at our music bar, Bassoon. Bassoon Bar does indeed have live music playing every evening (except for Sundays) – of which the style varies.

Thank you for highly recommending Corinthia Hotel London – it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a fabulous four night stay at the Corinthia Hotel London. We chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and are so glad we did. First the location is perfect. You are around the corner from the Embankment Tube and down the road from Charing Cross Tube and train station. You are close to Trafalgar Square, and the Strand - with Covent Garden only a short walk away. Inside, the lobby and the open air atrium were very impressive. Check-in (and you can check-in anytime) was quick and friendly with the gentleman who checked us in accompanying us to our room to show us all of the features. We had a room on the 6th floor and upon entering our room had a entryway, with the bathroom to the left, the bedroom to the right and a walk in closet directly in front of us. The room was immaculate and well-appointed with comfortable furnishings. The bathroom was super functional with a separate tub and shower with both a rainfall and regular showerhead. Double sinks, an enclosed toilet and bidet area and towel warmer. Oh, and there was a TV in the tub!! That was a great touch. The bedroom had a table area, a flat screen TV that swiveled and floor to ceiling windows. There were double nightstands by the bed with buttons to control all the lights in the room on both sides. We received complimentary bottled water each evening on turn down with our slippers and robes laid out. There was also an espresso maker in the room for coffee in the mornings. The only thing I found strange was the absence of a visible clock in the room - although the phone was very high tech with an alarm, the time wasn't visible unless you activated the screen (from what I could tell). This was only a problem because it was so incredibly quiet in our room that we kept sleeping in too late! All in all, we were extremely pleased with this hotel stay and will most certainly return as we are in London fairly regularly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Brandie C

Thank you for your wonderful review of Corinthia Hotel London. I am glad that you were impressed with our hotel’s locations, décor and amenities. As you can imagine, a lot of thought has gone into both the larger offerings and the smaller details which make up a guest’s experience, so I am pleased to hear that you greatly enjoyed your stay. The in-room phones do indeed have the time and an alarm clock; however, I do understand that some of our guests like to have a more visible clock in their room. On your next visit, please do not hesitate to ask a member of our team for an additional bedside clock. I am looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Corinthia is a perfect hotel! Good location, nice rooms, great staff! I've stayed at the Four Seasons Park Lane, Dorchester, and Lanesbrough and the Corinthia is better than each of these other hotels and its priced better.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mfsupra

I am so glad that you had a wonderful time at Corinthia Hotel London and thank you very much for the kind review. It would be my pleasure to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.