2,842 results
All reviewsbassoon barnorthall restaurantafternoon tealobby loungetrafalgar squarethermal floorespa spasleep podswalk in closetamazing spaembankment tube stationheated floorsbeautiful hotellondon eyerain showersteam roomturn down service
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I were so very pleased by our stay at The Corinthia Hotel this past March, especially after having been very impressed by the service of High Tea when we were there last summer. In spite of our high expectations before we arrived, the beauty of the elegant decor and the other luxurious amenities included in our room and bath actually took us by surprise. It was unusually peaceful and quiet in our room throughout our visit, in spite of the fact that there are busy streets on either side of the hotel. There was plenty of light and a lovely view of the courtyard through our window. The bed was large and comfortable, which is unusual in London. As others have mentioned, there was an espresso bar on one side of the room and a bookcase with books and art pieces on the other side. There was also a table with chairs on both sides of the room. Oh, and there was a modern television mounted on the wall across from the bed, as well. The luxurious bath area included separate glassed-in rooms for the toilet and bidet, as well as for the large shower. The largest area included the double sinks and the tub. There were soft lights under the edge of the tub for those late night visits, and a flat-screen television was installed in the wall at the perfect viewing height. What more could anyone want while staying in the most vibrant city in the world? I just can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JacquelynMcCrary
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your complimentary review of Corinthia Hotel London. I am pleased to hear that after being impressed with our Afternoon Tea you had booked to stay with us. Having had such high expectations before you arrived, I am delighted to hear that you were still surprised on arrival. Our courtyard rooms are very quiet and provide a wonderful haven from the activity of London. Our rooms are amongst some of the largest in the London luxury market - we spent quite some time designing them to be as luxurious and comfortable as possible and fitted with the latest technology. I am glad you agree that touches such as having an in-built TV in the bath tub and mood lighting in the bathroom enhance your experience as a guest.

We hope you enjoyed the white roses and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We are a little family who recently have stayed two knights in a King Executive Room at CorinTthia Hotel, London. The hotel is absolutely perfect - and such a pleasure that it is an experience even to stay at the hotel. The only thing we missed in these modern times was a dockingstation with loudspeaker for our iPhone favourite music - a lot of other hotels have that.

All in all, we can't recommend the hotel highly enough. It can't be better than this. It is the best hotel we've ever stayed in - the rooms are fantastic, the service is fantastic, and the food in the restaurants is fantastic. Add to this that it has only two minutes walk to Embankment and only three minutes to Trafalgar Square.

We would recommend visitors in London to try it - fast! In a few years time it is only rich Arabs and Americans who can afford it (already now many of the hotels TV Channels are from the Arabic countries) as this hotel likely will be so popular that its' prices will rise dramaticly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin B

Thank you so much for your glowing review. I am very happy to hear that you rate Corinthia Hotel London so highly. We are very centrally located and within walking distances of many of London’s most famous landmarks. I am glad you found our rooms, service and restaurants to be ‘fantastic’. Perhaps on your next visit you could explore ESPA Life at Corinthia. Our magnificent Spa is laid out over four floors, features 17 treatment rooms, a private spa suite, nail studio, indoor pool, vitality pool, amphitheatre sauna, ice fountain, marble heated lounges, private sleep pods, a state-of-the-art gym and Daniel Galvin hair salon. You will definitely leave feeling refreshed.

I am very sorry that you were not able to listen to your music while you were here. Our Guest Relations team have ipod docking stations available on request. I will make sure that our guests are aware of this on arrival.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here last week and this is now my favorite hotel in London. Totally renovated and elegantly done. The room itself was large and spacious. Bathroom has its own shower and tub (with a TV!) and the bed was quite comfortable. The gym and spa/pool are quite nice especially the pool area. My package included breakfast which was quite good too. The location is perfect - right below Trafalgar Square, just up from the Thames, close to shopping, restaurants and the Theatre District and also just a short ride to the City for work. Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was quiet on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I am delighted to hear that Corinthia Hotel London is now your favourite hotel in the city. The unique interiors of Corinthia London combine a refreshing mix of traditional grandeur with modern luxury. Our rooms are some of the largest in London’s luxury hotel market and I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed touches such as the in-built bathtub TV.

As you mentioned, our central location is very advantageous to our guests both for those travelling on business or for leisure. Many thanks for your recommendation, I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was everything as advertised...if there were a 6 star rating, the Corinthia would be 6 1/2. Very pricey...but you get what you pay for. Wonderful location in between Westminster Abbey & Buckingham Palace. Across the street from the tube, and around the corner from Trafalger Square. Service on par with the very best...and the bathroom was to die for!! Double sinks, sepoerate water closet area & glassed in shower. And the closet was a walk in.

Room Tip: You may be tempted to ask for an street facing room, but the courtyard rooms are much quieter and it's a lovely view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank mgmsales

I greatly enjoyed reading your review of our hotel and was pleased to learn that we exceeded your expectations. I was also pleased to read that you found us to be good value for money. Corinthia Hotel London’s location is certainly quite special, with Westminster, the River Thames and Trafalgar Square on the doorstep. Such a central location means that our guests can easily reach Lodnon’s key sights, shops, theatres and entertainment venues. We have paid a lot of attention to creating rooms and bathrooms that are as beautiful and spacious as they are functional and, together with our friendly and welcoming service, strive to offer our guests an exceptional experience. I do hope we will be welcoming you to Corinthia London again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We enjoyed our November visit to the Corinthia so much that we returned the end of May. I'm still in love with this place, and do plan to visit again, although we did have one nuisance of a problem. The internet service in our room was very spotty, and mostly did not work. I twice reported that we were not getting service, but nothing happened. I did mention it again at checkout, as I was surprised/disappointed by the lack of response. A few days later, I received a very concerned email from the hotel manager, who offered to personally book our next visit, so.... my point is not to complain or extoll here, but just to let readers know what happened. I, personally, am satisfied, and would definitely go back.

Our room was an upgrade, and the bathroom was gorgeous, with an oversize, freestanding, Roman tile tub. The bed and furnishings were lovely and comfortable, and we had a nice view to the Eye.

I do love the location, and we were lucky, as we were there for 9 of the only sunny days I think the city has had this summer ! (It started to rain the day we left, the day before the Queen's Jubilee. ) The fine weather made walking so easy and pleasant. Went to the Chelsea Flower Show, which is definitely worth the visit.

One disappointment was Massimo's. In November, we ate there once, and it was excellent. This time, it really was mediocre, I'm afraid. I hope they step it up and make it good again, because the space the restaurant occupies is beautiful.

Room service breakfast was excellent and punctual.

Bar service at North Hall was excellent.

Wait service in the lobby, where I spent a lot of time, was really spotty. You had to really flag the staff down, except for one man, who seemed to be the manager. He was always on the ball. I was chatting with a pretty major celebrity one day, and he mentioned the same thing about having to flag them down, so at least they don't treat a celeb differently than any other!

The spa and workout area was wonderful, once again. So clean and perfect and professional. I had the excellent Sinead for a facial, and later, for a massage.

I highly recommend these restaurants: Ottolengthi's new Nopi; Veeraswamy (elegant, delicious Indian), Wild Honey (so good!!), Mele E Pere, & The Wolseley (worth it just to experience the space).

All in all, I hope to visit again next fall or winter.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank epilogue
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I am so pleased to hear that you decided to return to the Corinthia London. I am sorry that you felt our reaction to the issues you experienced with the internet service on your last visit was lacking and I must agree with you in this regard. It would have been much better if we had been able to address this before you had left the hotel, however I am glad that our Hotel Manager was able to contact you subsequently and that you are satisfied with how this was resolved. I do appreciate your feedback as it will only help us to continue to improve the service we offer.
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your room and that you were allocated one of our rather special bathrooms, featuring the freestanding tub. The views out to the London Eye are particularly special. I am also pleased that you were able to visit London in glorious sunshine and that you were well located for exploring the city.
With regards to your experience in Massimo Restaurant, again thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I will be discussing this with the team as consistency is a very important element of a guest’s experience. Equally, I will also address the inconsistent service you experienced in the Lobby Lounge as we certainly wouldn’t want yourself or any of our guests to have to ‘flag down’ our team members and it is certainly not the level of service we are striving to provide. I do hope to welcome you to Corinthia Hotel London again soon.