“My new London favorite”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A true 5 star experience from check in to check out (which is variable based on your own arrival and departure time). Beautiful decor, modern but not minimal, very comfortable rooms with well thought out amenities (love the heated floor in the bathrooms). Have stayed 3 times now, and always have been accommodated in the rooms with the big walk in closet which is big enough to be a dressing room. Last visit was the weekend of the Jubilee festivities and the flotilla. Perfect in every regard. Oh - and the Spa is fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lulubell
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for your review of Corinthia London – it is wonderful to hear that our praises were sung by your colleagues and that you decided to experience the hotel for yourself. I’m pleased you enjoyed our location and decor. I was interested to read you feedback regarding your experience in the Lobby Lounge and will make sure that this feedback is followed up on with the team.
I enjoyed viewing your photographs and thank you for sharing these. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to be able to welcome you and your wife in the near future.

Matthew Dixon

Write a ReviewReviews (2,608)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

A few colleagues had sung the Corinthia's praises so I gave it a shot on my last business trip to London. I'm glad I did. It's a great property with everything you could possibly want in an urban hotel. The location near Embankment tube stop and south of Trafalgar Square is fantastic, the decor throughout the property is beautiful and the service is very good. Flexible check-in was a plus, reception was extremely professional. Lobby cafe attendant wasn't as friendly as I might have hoped - make sure you talk to them before touching any of the pastries!

Room was beautifully appointed and relaxing, as you'll see in my pics. Great walk-in closet. Especially loved the rain shower head in the large bathroom. Didn't make use of the double sinks or the jacuzzi tub but both are the sort of details that you come to expect from a nice hotel.

I have recommened Corinthia to a number of friends and colleagues and will continue to do so. Can't wait until my return visit. My wife will love it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank W T
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Classy and elegant. Great location near all the sites yet peaceful and quiet at the hotel. Very attentive, helpful and friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank MonsterBaby1
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your review - I was pleased to read you found Corinthia Hotel London to be both well situated and elegant. Our team will be happy to hear you enjoyed their friendly and welcoming service. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

So many hotels present themselves as 5 star or luxury and so it is a relief to finally come across one that cuts through the hype and delivers on, and even exceeds, the promise.

It is a spectacular property in an excellent location, the rooms are extremely well furnished and the attention to detail is impressive (for example the quality and comfort of the carpets made one almost want to sit on the floor).

As ever, the most significant factor is the quality of the service, helpful and not aloof, the final touch came when I asked what was the time for check out and the response was "what time would you like to check out?"

Why can't other hotels that charge the same tariff be like this?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank pushkarini
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind review which I took great pleasure in reading. I am delighted to learn that we exceeded the promise and delivered beyond your expectations. I’m sure that the team will be as happy as I am to hear that their service was appreciated, as well as our flexible check in & check out policy. We do hope to welcome you to Corinthia Hotel London again in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had booked dinner on the Friday night before Trooping the Colour, so sadly couldn't park right outside the hotel. England were playing their first game of the European Championship, so the Northallerton Bar was very quiet.

The excellent barman was cheerful and friendly and mixed a delicious non alcoholic cocktail which included among other things, cranberry juice and coconut purée. It was divine and had we not been staying for dinner in the restaurant I would definitely have had another (I should have got the barman's name, sorry. He had a great sense of humour and was blond)! He even said I could name the cocktail - red lipstick since you ask!
Our waiter couldn't have been more attentive, observant without being obtrusive (I didn't get his name either, but I think he was Polish and a huge tennis fan. We discussed the Queens club matches and upcoming wimbledon).
Didn't have a starter but enjoyed the tasty and substantial salmon fishcake.
The others had steak and chips - delicious. Had the Mango/passion fruit pavlova which was overly sweet (even for meringue) and the others had a nice selection of cheese.
Overall great service in a not too busy restaurant. Will return, if only for my cocktail!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lemonbonbon
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed one night on a team building event. I had begun to convince myself that UK hotels could not really achieve the standard of the top establishments elsewhere in the world because they were just a bit quaint and the noise and idiosyncracies were part of the English charm. Well, I've recalibrated that view. The spec of the Corinthia is very high. Lots of marble, genuine wood floors and panels, impeccable sound-proofing, comfortable bed, perfect lighting, all the gadgets you need but not in an intrusive way. And that rare find... a hotel hairdryer that actually dries hair in less than 3 hours. Hard to fault, but I do tend to agree with the "Something's amiss" reviewer as far as the public spaces go. The ground floor is large with lots of interlinking spaces that are all a bit samey. In fact, this is where it needs some quirky English charm! Restuarant (I think it was called Northhall) was nice but a bit boring and the food service was terribly slow. We were a group of 11 but there were several empty tables so the kitchen should not have been stretched. Sadly no time to make it to the spa.

Room Tip: I was in 514. Quiet enough to hear a pin drop. It faced inward to the courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that we have been able to alter your view of the UK Luxury hotel market. Corinthia Hotel London is a 21st century grand hotel and contains traditional aspects as well as more modern features which we hope sets us apart. GA Design International have designed the majority of the interior of the hotel. In our planning and design we have tried to pay attention to the tiniest details, which we hope our guests appreciate. Sound proofing the rooms as well as providing a good hair dryer is the kind of attention to detail we hope make our rooms as comfortable and relaxing as possible. We have tried to create a welcoming atmosphere within the hotel and design aspects such as our unusual art collection around the hotel often catches our guests’ attention and adds something extra to their surroundings. I am sorry that you did not find The Northall as you might have expected. I will be speaking to the Restaurant Manager about your comments concerning the service and thank you for this valuable feedback.

Our magnificent Spa, ESPA Life at Corinthia, is laid out over four floors, features 17 treatment rooms, a private spa suite, nail studio, indoor pool, vitality pool, amphitheatre sauna, ice fountain, marble heated lounges, private sleep pods, a state-of-the-art gym and Daniel Galvin hair salon. I hope next time you will be able to include a visit to the Spa and that we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just returned home from a short visit to London and stayed at the Cotinthia.Thoroughly
enjoyed our stay and ate in the hotel nights for dinner on two nights.Ate in Italian restaurant
first night with friends and it was top notch both in food quality and service.Also enjoy the jazz trio!
Second night we had dinner in Northall and again really enjoyable and our food and beverage server was excellent.
Unfortunately the hotel had a emergency situation early the next morning with a full hotel evacuation and I must compliment all concerned for the professional manner in which they handled this event. No panic and all under control and after a period of time we all returned to the Lobby and restaurant for complimentary breakfast and many of us in bathrobes! Like to thank the staff under trying circumstances and lovely to see breakfast chefs helping to take breakfast orders and serving guests directly at their table.Well done to all !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ciaran K
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your praise of the hotel and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am delighted to hear that you were able to experience both restaurants as they are very different, but equally as enjoyable. Massimo Oyster Bar and Restaurant is our Mediterranean Seafood Restaurant and is in the most magnificent setting. Our Jazz evenings happen most Mondays and are always well received. The Northall is our typically British restaurant. Our Executive Chef Garry Hollihead is very passionate about British cuisine and our food is therefore only sourced within the UK, resulting in very strong relationships with our suppliers.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during the event last week. We do have robust emergency procedures in place and very occasionally there may be an occasion when we act on them. I am glad that in this instance the matter was not serious and thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.

I do hope you will return to the hotel soon.

Kind regards