“Service as it should be.”

Corinthia Hotel London
Ranked #15 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Impecable service as you would expect from an establishment of this standing. I highly recommend that you stay here, if that is not possible then go in and try the afternoon tea. I say everything.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FirstStrategy
MatthewDixon, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind recommendation of Corinthia London. It’s a pleasure to see you enjoyed our service and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This was truly a 5 star hotel experience. Before we even traveled I corresponded with the concierge, Justin, several times making inquiries. He answered all of my questions and took care of my requests perfectly. When we arrived everyone treated us as if we were honored guests. We were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and upon entering the room we were greeted with a chocolate cake and a bottle of champagne with a card from the manager. The room itself was huge as well as the bathroom and wardrobe. The cleaning staff made the beds daily and provided turn down service each evening which was a nice touch. We had breakfast in the room one morning and also made several requests during our stay that were always attended to quickly. The hotel has an onsite spa called ESPA. My wife and I both had a massage and highly recommend this to anyone staying at the Corinthia. They have a pool/sauna/steam room/whirlpool area that I used a couple of times and it was very well taken care of and a nice advantage to a hotel if you have an extended stay. The concierge Justin, helped us with reservations several times including on the night of our anniversary as well as two sets of theater tickets. Each of the restaurants and the theater seating were very nice. He even arranged for the hotel car to drive us to dinner. In summary, the manager and entire staff of the Cornithia Hotel have built a wonderful 5 star hotel that everyone should experience. We will be going back.

Room Tip: We were in room 329 which is a courtyard room. The wardrobe was a room of its own. The bathroom and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nceahuck

It is wonderful to hear that you received a truly 5 star experience at Corinthia London – this is most definitely the sentiment we strive to provide for our guests. I was pleased to read that our Concierge & Front of House team looked after you well and that you enjoyed the welcome gifts upon arrival; we appreciate how important these occasions are to our guests and we are delighted you chose Corinthia London to be a part of your special celebrations. I am glad that you enjoyed our ESPA Life at Corinthia spa and their massage treatments- this is certainly a great way to relax. Many thanks for this very nice review and I do hope to welcome you to Corinthia London again in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

It is a privately owned hotel and you can see that. Its just stunning, all the detail. Bars, restaurants, spa, room - just amazing. you can be the pickiest person on earth and you will still love it. In my opinion this is a no1 hotel in London now. JUST FANTASTIC! Top location!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Luke1407

I greatly enjoyed reading your review of Corinthia London – thank you for the fabulous recommendation. I do hope you will visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We love Afternoon Tea and whenever we go on holiday, we try to seek out somewhere special to try. The Corinthia did not let us down. The Lobby Lounge was a beautiful setting in which to have Afternoon Tea. We were sorrounded by beautiful white orchids and the spectacular light in the Lobby was quite a talking point.
We had a tasty selection of finger sandwiches, lovely warm scones (fruit and plain) and then moved onto the 'fancies'. We had lots of tasty pastries, cakes and tarts but the star of the show was without doubt the mini violet eclair. I can still taste it :)
We have had many Afternoon Teas but this was the first time we had been offered complimentary top ups of sandwiches and scones. Lots of tea and of course the glass of champagne all went down a treat. All in all, a lovely experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank annecampbell33

It’s fabulous to receive such a great review from fellow Afternoon Tea aficionados. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful ambiance of the Lobby Lounge, as well as the fresh flowers provided by our in-house florist. As you mentioned, we have a splendid selection of sandwiches, cakes and fancies, which are perfectly complemented by our scones and pastries. The mini Violet Éclair is indeed a delicious experience and our pastry chef will be delighted to hear how much you enjoyed it. We hope to welcome you again soon for afternoon tea, or perhaps to try one of our other fine dining restaurants, The Northall or Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Corinthia is truly one of the most amazing hotels we've stayed in. We were lucky enough to stay in a Trafalgar Suite and the rooms were beautiful and very big. The hotel is so central that all the sights are within walking distance.

We had breakfast 2 mornings in the Northall Restaurant and I think it was the best breakfast we've ever had. The choice was incredible and so tasty and fresh.

We had personalised massages in the Spa and loved every minute of it. The facilities in the Spa are second to none.

We had dinner in the Massimo Restaurant and the food was gorgeous, service wonderful and atmosphere buzzing.

We also had cocktails in the Bassoon Bar which were delicious.

We were lucky enough to experience every aspect of the hotel and couldn't praise it enough. I was gutted to be leaving and hope to return soon. I would highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank NatashaMcKenna

I was pleased to read your wonderful review – it is always good to hear that our guests have had a wonderful experience and don’t want to leave us as this is certainly the sentiment we strive to achieve. Our Trafalgar Suites are very comfortable and feature an unusually large living space as well as walk-in wardrobes and luxurious marble bathrooms. Thank you too for your kind comments about the quality of our breakfast which I know our Executive Chef and The Northall restaurant team will be delighted to hear. I am glad to read that you were also able to enjoy Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar, our Mediterranean seafood restaurant and one of our delicious cocktails in Bassoon Bar. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

If you're looking for somewhere special to enjoy cocktails to die for or a bottle of delicious champagne then look no further thatn the Bassoon Bar at The Corinthia London. The decor is really clever, the atmosphere, especially when the music starts is fantastic and the service is trulty exceptional. The finishing touches to everything presented to us were just fantastic. We are a group of friends who always look for a speical venue and we certainly found one on Friday, Go along its well worth it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helen L

Thank you for your great review of Bassoon Bar at Corinthia London – I am so pleased to hear that you like the musically-inspired décor, designed by David Collins Studio. The bar does feature live music most evenings and I’m glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere we have created. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here for a week and it is an amazing hotel. From the moment you walk in the front door the service is impeccable. We were shown to our room on the 6th floor by the person who checked us in, and the room faced an inner courtyard. The room was a good size with a lovely bathroom. Fluffy bathrobes, slippers and plenty of towels plus spa goodies. There was a decent sized wardrobe with drawer space, and the room had an umbrella ( which was used constantly). Each room has a nespresso coffee maker and we had fresh fruit in our room twice throughout the week.

The turn down service is lovely, good chocolates and bottles of water nightly.

The breakfast was included in our stay ( continental) , whilst there is plenty on offer and it is very good I think charging £28 per person for this is very high. We ate in the Northalls restauarant one evening from their set menu which is £28 for 3 courses with a glass of champagne. The food was very good and the portion sizes for the main were a decent size and we probably didn't need the sides we ordered.

The location is ideal, few minutes from Trafalgar Square, Houses of Parliament, the London eye and 2 minutes from the tube.

This hotel is just lovely but one thing I would say is that the prices they charge for drinks and food are very high and apart from breakfast we found ourselves eating and drinking elsewhere but this aside I would return to this hotel tomorrow.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JB6878

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Corinthia Hotel London. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the bedroom offering and our turndown service. A lot of time and thought went into the design of our bedrooms and the amenities we provide our guests and I am glad to learn you appreciated these touches. Thank you for your feedback regarding The Northall’s breakfast offering – I will certainly make sure that this is shared with the team and am delighted to hear you were able to enjoy dinner there. As you mentioned, we are very centrally located to many of London’s key sites and I’m glad that you enjoyed the close proximity. We shall very much look forward to your return.