“Great time”

Cantina Laredo
Ranked #876 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Cantina Laredo offers something completely new, a sophisticated approach to traditional Mexican cuisine. Our ethos at Cantina Laredo is to blend old with new by using contemporary and traditional techniques to bring a modern twist to the authentic flavours from all regions of Mexico. The menu is a culinary exploration of Mexico’s regional cuisines in search of Mexico’s most incredible flavours. Traditional and contemporary techniques combine to produce an intriguing menu that pays homage to authentic Mexican flavours. Emphasis is on the bold and intense flavours with simple presentation using high quality ingredients. Dishes are authentic, but not traditional with a modern approach to recreate classic dishes and invent new ones. The menu has been designed to create a sophisticated, yet informal and relaxed dining experience. There is no set procedure on ordering, dishes are designed to be shared at the table or enjoyed individually.
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant restaurant. Went after a matinee show and squeezed in before a train home but service was smooth without being rushed. Guacamole starter a novelty and tasty. Our waitress had lots ofpersonal recommendations without being pushy. Would be keen to go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,769)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Not that there are that many Mexican restaurants in London, but this was the best Mexican meal I have have had in the British capital. Settings are elegant with minimalistic and chic furniture. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and provide useful and valuable information about the food and drinks on the menu.

I was there on a chilly and rainy Tuesday evening in February with my wife, a colleague of hers and a friend of mine. My wife and I went for the combo fajitas, while my friend went for the Chilantro Chicken Salad and my wife's colleague chose the Veracruz. The vegetables and meat for the fajitas arrived sizzlingly fresh and were very tasty. Portions were at a suitable sizer too. To drink I followed our waitress' (whose name I think may have been Justyna) and chose the Modelo Especial, which was a refreshing and tasty lager I had never tried before.

For dessert I went for the Tequila Cheesecake with passion fruit sauce and avocado ice cream. I must admit that I was a bit sceptical about the latter, but I found it as enjoyable as the rest of the dessert.

After a memorable evening with delicious food and drink in fine settings and atmosphere I will certainly be back at Cantina Laredo when I fancy a Mexican meal in London.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Authentic Mexican food in the middle of London.

Our family stopped in here before theatre in December and were pleasantly surprised by the variety and authenticity of the menu. It might have been a bit on the pricey side, but the quality of food was definitely worth it. Service was quick and efficient.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Have been here a few times, and take people when I want a bit of wow-factor. The food is delicious, there is a large selection on their special vegetarian menu, and presentation is exquisite throughout.

In the heart of London's West End, between Convent Garden and Leicester Square stations, this restaurant is easy to get to and the décor is attractive and has an upmarket feel to it. The layout is conventional, except that on one side they have booths, which we quite like as it gives a cosy feel of privacy.

In all our visits, we have not witnessed a sullen face or a poor mannerism from the waiting staff. On the contrary, they are always smiling and very pleasant. Yesterday was no exception, and these people do recognise that their attitude can really make the experience better.

Onto the food. The Guacamole made at the table is a must. My friend could not stop taking photos! And somehow having it made freshly in front of you makes it taste even better! We also ordered the Botanas Platter. My wife mentioned that she does not like too much cheese, so they made some of the starters without cheese and brought the cheese alongside, which was a nice gesture. Our veggie mains were Fajitas, Tacos, and a Burrito, with rice, beans and a salad. That was too much between four people, but everything was so tasty we had a pretty good attempt at finishing it! My friend ordered the chicken enchiladas, and he was equally impressed. In fact, this changed his opinion of Mexican restaurants and food, as he had been underwhelmed in the past. He was definitely overwhelmed by Cantina Laredo :)

1  Thank DinoKay
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Me & my friends recently dined her before we went to our west end show. The staff was lovely really and friendly. Food was delicious especially the Mexican Apple pie. Couldn't fault them at all. Would Defo go back when next in London