“Amazing food, atmosphere, cocktails and staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charlotte's Bistro

Charlotte's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlotte's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,312 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Chiswick
Transit: We are two minutes walk from Turnham Green Station. Come out of the station, turn left and walk about 100 yards almost to the end of Turnham Green Terrace. We are on the left hand side. That's it.
Description: Charlotte's Bistro is the perfect neighbourhood bistro offering great cooking, genuine hospitality and a cocktail list waiting to be discovered. Head Chef, Michael Snelda, leads the team serving lunch and dinner seven days a week. Brunch is also served 9am to 12.45pm at weekends. Michael's menu is a celebration of seasonal ingredients with quality, provenance and value for money at the foremost of his thinking. The Express Lunch menu delivers a small but perfectly crafted list of dishes, all priced at £9.50, which will be served within 10 minutes. The á la carte menu also offers amazing value at lunch and early evening at a fixed price of £19.50 for two courses or £24.50 for three courses. The cocktail bar works exclusively with fresh, seasonal ingredients and high quality artisan products. PLEASE NOTE: Charlotte's Group is now an entirely cashless business. We accept payment by debit card, credit card, AMEX and Apple Pay.
Slough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, atmosphere, cocktails and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was taken here for my birthday by family and was blown away by the cocktails, the staff, the atmosphere and the food, We had a fabulous evening. The food is expertly cooked, the flavours , clever and exciting. I was particularly overwhelmed by the dessert which has to be one of the best I've tasted, a warm almond and blackberry tart with salted caramel, you have to try it. After food the barman made bespoke cocktails for us which displayed the same incredible knowledge of flavours, he was a thoroughly nice person too. The table staff and all the staff were attentive, polished and professional. This place is a gem go there.

London, UK
“Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my first visit here, and I'm pleased to say that I couldn't fault it.
Friendly greeting from all the staff, nice atmosphere, and great food.

Will def. be returning!

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

It is the second time that I have dinner at Charlotte's Bistro, and the second time i have been disappointed. The food is average for what is supposed to be French/English fine dining, and considering the price it is not good at all. The portions were very small and left us hungry, while the quality of the meat in the dishes was very low (very fatty). The choice of puddings was poor.
On the positive side the service and ambience was excellent.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Just Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have lived in the area for more than 20 years, and have seen the place hosting different eating places. This was my first visit to the current occupier. The service is impeccable and no hassle. The food was divine: ox tongue for starter (I haven,t had ox tongue for more than 20 years) - Risky??? No, simply delicious. Main: lamb; very tender, beautifully presented, wonderful subtle mint flavour with an astonishing sour cream small scoop. For dessert lemon tart, rich with lemon taste and not much sugar. Simply delightful. What a pleasure!

Interlaken, Switzerland
“Excellent meal, but a little noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our second meal at the Bistro and we where not disappointed. As there is a relatively large bar area at the entrance the drinks selection is excellent, I think I counted four different pages of Gins to choose from, the wine selection was hardly vast but will suit most pockets. The food was well above average, only a slightly under-powered crab starter meant that it was not excellent. The real highlight for me was the slow-cooked beef, which we ordered some mash to go alongside (should have got something green too as it transpired). If I was Nigel Slater I would have referred to it as 'unctious', gorgeously heavy gravy. The Cheese board was lovely (an all British selection), and we both finished with espressi. The service was attentive and just the right side of chatty, we were served starters and mains very quickly but our only real drawback was the noise level which was just a bit too high for us. Will probably visit again sometime soon.

• Visited February 2013