“Average B&B quality”

Ranked #396 of 555 London B&B and Inns
cornwall
“Average B&B quality”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room was a bit tired but reasonably clean. The breakfast was adequate and plentifull.
Parking was a bit limited with the surrounding streets only free on weekends.
Served it's purpose for a 1 night stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed there for Easter. we had a double room, it wasn`t very clean but ok. bed very comfortable, clean bedclothes and towels. bathroom was ok. room was from garden side so it was quiet. breakfast was great. no problems. location was good too. 3 mins walk from ealing common tube. if you need a good stay for good money choose this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ania938
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My pal and i stayed here NYE. The room was really dusty, there were wires coming out of the wall, and there was a condom in our tea tray hiding with the tea. Thanks? The beds were fine and it was adequate for the night anyhow. The breakfast was good! Cute exterior. The location is good being near the tube station at Ealing Common. Overall, it was just fine minus the housekeeping.

• Stayed December 2012
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night due to my husbands work, didn't want a long journey home that night. We arrived and were upgraded to an ensuite though we didn't pay for it, which was kind. The rooms are basic but clean and we were very impressed with the breakfast the next morning. Management was lovely and were more than helpful to us. I would recommend staying at this hotel if you want value for money, a clean room and nice staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dubai
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I selected this hotel to stay one night as I was in quick visit to London with my family. out train arrived London 8am and we arrived hotel 9, the friendly staff could prepare the room before 10am so we could save our time. The place is clean, tidy and you feel like home. As my flight (leaving London) was at the evening ..I asked the manager to let me check out late (the official check out time is 11am) and she accepted and allowed me to keep the room till evening without extra charge. This was really fantastic as I could take my family (next day) to Madam Tussaud museum then we went back to the hotel to take shower and pick our baggage before we go Heathrow. I really believe that such issues (like late check out and other small services) guarantee customer satisfaction and increase customer loyalty. For sure I would like to visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: select room away from road and garden.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ahmed E
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel reminded me of a communal house I lived in during college. My room looked like someone was using it for furniture storage; it was a jumble of unrelated items and it was impossible to walk around the large second bed in the middle of the room. The walls were grubby with handprints and looked like they hadn't been painted in thirty years. There was a fist sized hole in the ceiling above the shower. This hotel is on a very busy road, and I could hear the sirens and the traffic all night, as well as other guests arguing or slamming doors. The location was good, breakfast was good, sheets and towels were clean and the people running it were nice (but clueless- they gave me bad information about when the tube opened and I could have missed my flight). I would not recommend staying here. I will definitely not be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SuperPicnicWoman

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Glyfada, Greece
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was on a business trip in London and had to extend my stay for a day and the hotel I was staying did not have a room available. So I checked the Cranleigh Hotel as it was very close to my hotel and I would only use the room for a nights sleep. On the day, I had to go to work very early in the morning and the room was not available yet, and I was expecting to return quite late in the evening. The manager explained that there would be no staff after 9pm so I had to pay in advance for the room, and he gave me the key to the front door and to my room so that I could enter. We made arrangements for my suitcase to be put in the room as soon as it would be ready and I was assured that the manager would personally take care of that. On my return later that evening, I entered the room to discover that my stuff wasn't there and nobody there to help. I tried phoning the manager numerous times on the "emergency" mobile but no answer! The laundry room where my suitcase was put in the morning was locked and all my things were there, including pyjamas, toothbrush and medication that I had to take at night!!!!! I even tried knocking at the "Manager" door without any reply.
I spent an hour in the room trying to calm down and sleep in my clothes when I decided to go downstairs in a final attempt to find a solution and to my surprise I came across the manager
who just had his shower and came out of his room wrapped in a towel. Of course I thanked him for the excellent service and consideration and for answering his "emergency" phone and went to bed.
Other than this horrible experience, the room was OK and quite clean. Breakfast was not bad although it took a few minutes for the waitress to understand what I ordered as she could hardly speak any English.
Overall its an OK Bed & Breakfast in a nice area, close to Ealing Common and Ealing Broadway tube stations, and I would recommend it for people without any special needs or requests. Don't expect to be waken up in the morning, they will definitely forget it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business