“Best Gourmet Meal of my life!”
Review of Gauthier Soho

Gauthier Soho
Reserve with OpenTable
Gauthier Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Soho
Transit: Piccadily Circus & Leicester Square Tube Stations.
Description: Having earned a star within a year of opening Gauthier Soho, Alexis Gauthier is described by Zagat guide as "...one of the Best New French food destinations in London...". With an emphasis on vegetables in all dishes, Alexis provides a seasonal tasting menu with the best possible ingredients (British where possible) for omnivores and a vegetable option, as well as an A la Carte and lunch/pre-theatre option. All served in a chic Soho Townhouse where the staff really make you feel special. There are also five private dining rooms for parties of all sizes.
Clearwater, Florida
“Best Gourmet Meal of my life!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am 60 years old and have dined in restaurants all over the world. I must say that this restaurant was the BEST I have experienced - ever. The staff, the food, the attention to detail....everything was delectable.

In Florida we do not have access to many game meats like Pidgeon, Venison etc. But each bite was sublime and cooked to perfection. The desserts were incredible and so was the cheese selection. The waiters were attentive and friendly and nothing went unnoticed or neglected.

My only regret was that my stay in London was so short that I was not afforded the opportunity to visit a second time - oh...but how I wish!

Highly recommended!

1 Thank RhodyGal

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb each and every time”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have lost count of the number of times I have eaten here but suffice to say I keep returning...superb setting, service and, of course, food. But don't tell everyone! You will want it for yourself.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank PJ F
London, United Kingdom
“Ooh la la! Excellent repas!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

A gourmand friend of mine treated me to lunch here recently. As I pretend to be a London connoisseur, I felt I should have already known this place. After our memorable meal, I was even more ashamed to admit this should have been on my hit list already.

From the very first moment you arrive, it is an unusual experience - more like a private dining club than a conventional restaurant. The door is locked to the outside until one rings and someone ushers you into the place. Tables are spread throughout the small house and I was seated upstairs. Charming French and Belgian waiters who were very helpful. Amuse-bouche was a nice unexpected touch and the proposed wine pairings with the meal a perfect touch. A very memorable experience that warrants a repeat visit - and sufficient time to savour the entire experience.

London, United Kingdom
“Gem in the heart of London”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I went with my partner on a Saturday afternoon, to take advantage of the £33 three course lunch menu, with 2 glasses of somelier-paired wine.

We were invited to select two pieces of bread to start. I chose the brioche, and the bacon focaccia, whereas my partner chose the walnut bread, and olive bread. All were incredible.

We both had the pan-fried duck foie gras to start, with sultanas. It was absolutely exquisite. Were it not for curiosity I would have cancelled the remainder of the courses, and had three of those. I had the lamb for my main, which was tender, my boyfriend had the hake, which I was a little envious of. We both finished with the Golden Louis XV Dark Chocolate & Praline desert, which was not as good as I had hoped, but still nice enough. The somelier paired wines complemented the dishes perfectly.

The courses were cushioned with several amuse bouche; my bouche was highly amused throughout.

We had the most incredible time. The staff were insanely attentive, especially the "water boy"- neither of us managed to make it 100 metres from the restaurant without the need to use to bathroom, after having approximately 300 gallons of water each.

Wonderful afternoon. Would highly recommend.

1 Thank GeorgianaSMP
“Still Great”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Expectations can run high after wonderful experiences in any restaurant. We returned for a third time and had the full lunch tasting menu paired with wine. Expensive? Yes, but worth every penny! Wonderful variety of beautifully presented dishes with a young sommelier whose passion for the wine pairing was amazing. Highly recommended for a special occasion. Didn't know they had lost their star until after we were there, but as perplexed as others about why.

Visited June 2013