“A Wonderful Stay!”

Ranked #439 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great location - center for all main attractions

Great price for what you get - tea/coffee, clean big room, decent TV, shower, bath, fresh towels, toiletries, comfortable beds, clean sheets and the center of London!!

Room - We had a family room - very large, clean, comfortable beds nice modern features, recently refurbished, window blocked noise from outside well and we had a view of the London Eye from our room!. Only down side to the room was there was no air conditioning as a substitute was a big fan. Luckily it was not red hot when we went so no air conditioning did not bother us that much. Also only for 1/2 hour free Wifi a day, then you had to pay.

Food - The food.. WOW!! Delicious! We paid for the £7.35 buffet breakfast every morning which was so delicious with plenty of choice e.g. cereals, full English, toast, croissants, buns, fruit juices, tea/coffee, yogurt - all unlimited!! Yummy yummy! Definitely set you up for the day. We also had evening meals there seen as it was clean and sooo yummy and reasonably priced.

Staff - All the staff were so welcoming and professional and would do anything to help you.

Highly recommend this Travelodge, I will be returning!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

My self and my husband have stayed at this hotel many times before and have never had a problem until this stay we found the breakfast was awful cheap fatty bacon scrabbled egg that tasted awful no clean forks to eat breakfast with had to wait five minutes for a clean fork with my breakfast getting cold I did not eat it any way ! No clean glasses for orange juice and had to wait for sugar for coffee ! The poor staff absolutely run off there feet ! And did try and sort out breakfast problems as fast as they could .My husband asked for a refund wich he did get back . Apart from breakfast rooms where clean but the bathroom did have a bad smell that smelt like bad drains so that was not nice am sort to say we won't be staying there again .

• Stayed August 2014
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Excellent location, beautiful breakfast and amazing price for London however I'd definitely think twice about staying here in the summer. No air conditioning in the room just a tall fan, my hair was stuck to my face after having a shower and drying it, I thought I was somewhere exotic judging by the heat. I had to leave the fan on all night to be able to sleep. Apart from this the hotel was great, the meal deal in the restaurant was really good value for money. Roughly about a five minute walk to Waterloo station. Sort it out Travelodge, this hotel could be so much more!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shazza95
Province of Valencia, Spain
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I'm sure we'll be back to this hotel when we visit London next time. Nice rooms, huge beds, very friendly and helping staff and very good breakfast! Perfect to rest after a busy day around the city. It is also very well located near train and underground stops. Just perfect!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Wetherby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stayed for 4 days last week. Having read a few reviews on here before we went last week, I was expecting to be staying in a sauna! This was not the case, we were on the 5th floor, had a fan in our room & a window that opened a small amount, presumably for safety reasons, which is perfectly understandable. 5 mins walk to Waterloo Station, and one day we walked back from Trafalgar Square which was fine, but if you don't want to walk you can jump on the tube. The room was really big which was a nice surprise, the only negative I would say about the room , is that for a family of 4 staying for 4 days the hanging/storage facilities for clothes were inadequate, but I guess a lot of people will only stay 1 or 2 nights. All in all a fab hotel in a fab central location! We had a view of The Eye from our room!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I have just returned home after a four day holiday in London staying at the Waterloo Travelodge. The hotel is walking distance from Waterloo station and Southwark underground and is perfect if you are seeing a play at the Old Vic as I did. The play ended late into the evening and as I was on my own I wanted to be able to get to my hotel quickly. The room was clean and quiet, with a very comfortable double bed, plenty of hot water and a very good shower. The room provided everything I needed. I was able to buy food in the evening at the ground floor Cafe Bar and take it to my room which is good when you are on your own. There are no steps to enter the hotel and lifts to all floors. I have stayed at this hotel before and would do again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Ruthdonnachie
Isle of Wight, UK
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Always clean and tidy.
Basic but if, like me, you're out most of the day this is never an issue.
Staff very polite.
Early check in is never a problem.

I stay here often to go to West End shows.
There is a convenient corner shop nearby too.
Very close to tube, taxis, buses.

• Stayed August 2014