“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #442 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on business.

Staff at reception, in the bar and in the restaurant for breakfast were polite, welcoming and professional.

The room was surprisingly good and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I was in London when it was extremely warm so was worried about the lack of air con but this ended up not bothering me and I had an excellent nights sleep.

The breakfast was of reasonable quality and value plus the location is good so I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I knew my stay will be a bake house experience...visiting London in a hottest period of the summer. I know any hotel upstairs will be a sauna.
As I have stayed in a 8th floor before and it was quite warm in winter ( lovely!) I had a fear it may be a sauna this time if I got a room high up.

I rang up in morning to ask them to allocate me a cooler room and thay did it! They reserved me a ground floor room...
Although it was still too hot for me to fall asleep, as window open only a inch... but it must have been so better than upstairs.

You can always try to see if they can hear your little wish....!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I've stayed in plenty of Travelodges, and what you get is pretty standard and dependable.
This one is possibly the best I have stayed in however.
I seem to remember reading the place had recently been refurbished, and you can tell. The beds are excellent quality, and the bar area is comfortable and spacious, much more so than many others.
This meant that despite the breakfast area being quite busy when I ate, there was no problem getting what you wanted - although the serving area was slightly cramped at times.
I would return both with work, and for a leisure trip.
The staff were also excellent, the best set I have encountered in a Travelodge to date.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great hotel for a quick London getaway Super location just 5 min walk from the station and access to the tube Reception happy to look after your bags before and after check in/out Recently refurbed with comfy beds just a shame they forgot the air-con!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

stayed here for one night, i would suggest not using this hotel on the rare occassions we get heat in UK.. the rooms have no aircon and it was stupidly hot, being unable to open the window more than an inch or so, the fan they supplied in the room just blew the hot air around really. but to be fair, the room was fine other than that, the bed was comfy, clean and we had a view of the shard (we were in room 813).. so i would certainly recommend staying here (other than in the summer).. didnt try the breakfast so can't comment.. did attempt the 'speedy' check in machine, which processed us quickly but then we had to que up with our ticket to get the room key anyway so it wasnt at all speedy.. but no prob, wasnt in a rush..
i've marked 'Average' based on the sauna room we slept in, but this could easily go to 'very good' if we'd have stayed on a cooler night..

Room Tip: room 813 had a view of the shard..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday night. Managed to get a very good rate for B & B. The room we were allocated had been refurbished. Yes the rooms are hot, and there is no aircon. That said there was a standing fan and the windows did open. We were at front and yes it was noisy but any hotel on main road will be. I am sure if we had asked to move to rear it would have been a bit more quiet. Breakfast was excellent freshly cooked plenty to eat. A good stay in Central London!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockport
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The renovation of the building is almost complete and you get the same standard Travelodge room as you do anywhere else. While its nice and clean it sadly lacks any air conditioning in the rooms, there was a free standing fan in my room and the window is limited to 2 inches opening. This was noisy and due to the position of the only electrical outlet there was only place where I could place the fan that means that it blocks the space at the end of the bed.
Make sure you get a room not facing the sun

Stayed July 2013
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge London Waterloo Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear graham_ward, we’re really sorry to hear about the issues you had at our hotel. We do expect all of our customers stays to be as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately this hotel doesn’t offer air conditioning and windows are tethered for safety reasons. We do offer fans to borrow from reception on a first come, first serve basis.