“Great location and good value for money”

Travelodge London Waterloo Hotel
Ranked #443 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night last year and we had a relaxing stay. The breakfast was nice and the rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean. Close to the tube station and the center of London.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurynMann
There are newer reviews for Travelodge London Waterloo Hotel

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this travelodge for four nights. We were surprised at how lovely the hotel was after having a makeover. Our room was spacious and tidy minimal yes but we didn't mind as we knew we would be out most of the time anyways, excellent night sleep with no disturbances. The beds were very comfortable which I was delighted with as I suffer with back pain. But also at how friendly the staff where they could not do enough for us. We wanted to stay somewhere close to a tube station and close to all the nice touristy things to do while we where there, and the travelodge did not dissapoint. 5 mins from Waterloo station with a nice few bars and clubs within walking distance, 10 minutes from the London Eye and the London Dungeons!! Overall there is nothing I can fault about this place and will definitely recommend it to friends and family travelling to London in the future!! Also I will be booking again for my next visit in October :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend. Not far from Waterloo train station, 5 minute walk. Hotel was very clean, staff very helpful. The room was very warm. There was a fan in the room which we had to use both nights. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ange_boro9
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been visiting this hotel regularly since it opened. The new beds and room makeover were long overdue. The previous beds used to be so soft and springy that rolling over in the night caused lots of noise. Slept really well on the new ones.

Great location just a short walk from Lambeth North (Bakerloo) and Waterloo (mainline and tube) and very handy for the Old Vic theatre.

The rooms are often very hot in the summer (no airconditioning - just a fan!) and the lower ones are a bit noisy especially the ones with even numbers as they look out over the road and the dustcart comes early!!

Booking well in advance you can get some very good deals.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are best but only 2 lifts available - no staircaset as the stair door is alarmed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cezanneman
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Convenient location a few minutes' walk from Waterloo station. Friendly welcome on reception and a surprisingly quiet room tucked away at the back of the ground floor (room 27). Soundproofing between rooms isn't great but it's no worse than any other budget hotel. Breakfast was a slight shambles with 10-12 people already eating when I arrived at 7.50 am to find slightly harassed staff who informed me breakfast didn't start until 8 am at weekends. They should probably add this to the key card info to avoid confusion.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sylvworld
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was dubious about a travel lodge after many bad experiences byt you know what this hotel is good. Staff so helpful and accommodating - thank you Zac and Alex really good and nothing too much trouble - lovely happy staff. Hotel lean, central and rooms good - great comfy bed
Lots of am entities and restaurants, shops near by. Great location for tube and walking distance to many places of interest

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Farndonites
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel as a part of a "Show & Stay" package. It is convenient (just about) for many of the London Theatres - it's a £10 cab ride or a good 10 to 15 minute walk.

First disappointment - the booking confirmation clearly said that earliest checkin was at 2pm but on arrival we were told 3pm or we could check in 'early' for an additional £10 fee which was politely declined.

The beds which have recently been replaced and upgraded were very comfortable.

Breakfast; I've never been a fan of breakfast buffet's especially featuring the ubiquitous "full english". Cooked to order with good ingredients it can be a real pleasure. Sadly what we offered was neither; the bacon, sausage and even the beans were awful and the scrambled egg may have been OK when it was first prepared but most of the guests were probably still sleeping when that occurred. The pastries too, on the surface they are cunningly disguised to look like French croissants or pain au chocolat' but my goodness, what on earth do they do to them to make them taste so disgustingly bad? Surely they could import the real thing or at the very least buy them from a bakery that knows how. Fortunately, within 5 minutes walk in almost any direction from the Hotel there are many restaurants serving a good breakfast at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family