“Beautiful theatre”

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful theatre”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Wicked was the only show we saw in London on our visit. We saw it in New York, but wanted to see it in London as well (and 4th time overall seeing the show). The Apollo Victoria Theatre is very nice. We sat in the Stalls Row P 18-19 and they were great seats. This production was wonderful and both Elphaba and Glinda had beatiful voices.

1 Thank EmandDc

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wicked”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have just returned from an excellent day out in the city with my two eldest daughters and had booked 'wicked' as a theatrical treat during the day for them..
I think the show left my eldest and I wanting for a more balanced engaging plot but nothing can detract from the true star of this show 'Rachel Tucker' who is a phenomena,you know from the first moment she opens her mouth that something very special will follow and it does.
She brings a quality to the performance that is lacking as portrayed by most of the other leading characters and manages to rise head and shoulders above a script that enthuses the goodness and meaning of true friendship when in reality it seems to confirm that to get on in life you have to always think of yourself before others and hate or disrespect others that don't appear to fit in.

My other daughter had seen this production on two previous occasions and preferred those to the actors currently portraying the parts of Glinda (Gina Beck) wonderful voice and looks the part but something missing, Fiyero (Matt Willis), The Wizard (Desmond Barrit)perfect opportunity to win over the audience in a scene but lacks energy and character in truth it felt like he was just going through the motions and if that was his intent, it was brilliant, Madame Morrible (Julie Legrand) this needs to be a portrayal of Hannibal Lectars wife meets snow white but Ms Legrand gives us a two dimensional goodie/baddie performance which could with direction and better interpretation have stolen the show,
It would not do to spoil the plot for readers who are going to see this 'Wicked' but Rachel Tucker without doubt carries this production and without her I would not whole heartedly recommend this show.

I have visited the theater many times over the years and it takes 'something' to move me without what i consider to be a meaningful plot, but she made the hairs on my neck stand on end with one powerful number and a wistful drop of moisture to my eye when singing of angst and apparent non returned love in another(must be going soft).
If you are a family man and they are with you, take them to this show and switch off your credibility antenna because the audience on mass loved it and leapt to their feet on its conclusion to applaud the cast so what does this reviewer know?

York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wicked is Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just been to see Wicked under the 'Kids Week' ticket offer which is one free child with full paying adult. We were in row T which I thought may not be such a good view. How wrong I was. Because of the layout of the theatre the view was excellent. The whole cast were fantastic and Rachel Tucker shone as Elphaba, she has an amazing voice. Both myself and my 12 year old daughter loved the show.

East Sussex, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wicked is totally ....Wicked!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Took my two children to see Wicked a few days ago. It was so good,we all really enjoyed the whole experience. I booked the tickets on the kids go free week special offer that is valid for the month of August. One child goes free with a full paying adult,and you can have up to 2 extra children at half price. As I was the only adult the total price was £62 for me and £31 for one child,the other going free.
The other good thing is that the theatre is right opposite Victoria station so really easy to navigate!!
The show is brilliant and the effects spectacular. Really great performances,the audience gave them a standing ovation, which we really loved joining in with. A very special night out. Enjoy!

Hull, England
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Wicked is Wicked”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Geat theatre, fabulous show? the staff were so helpful when I arrived it was established that I had booked for the wrong night oops but the staff rang ticket master arranged for a refund and booked me seats that were even better than they original ones!!! And all hisnwithin 5 minutes of curtains up

1 Thank Shaz502