“All ages will enjoy” 5 of 5 bubbles

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“All ages will enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have been longing to see Wicked for a long time. I was blown away with the spectacular show in London. The costumes were so rich, voices lovely and the sets were created perfectly. I had central seats in the circle and we were row P, but my daughter couldn't see much, so after the intermission we moved down a few rows and the view was perfect. Please do pay the extra money for central seats before row P, it will make a HUGE difference. Also, may I add that this show was very entertaining for an 11 yr old girl.

Visited May 2012

• Turkish first
Horsham UK
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Long Day's Journey into night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

If you enjoy a dark, meaningful saga of american-Irish immigrant family issues in the late 1800's, do not miss this. brilliantly directed. Expensively produced, and critically acclaimed as this play is, we felt that although David Suchet was the top name, he was eclipsed by a truly brilliant and tragically entrancing portrayal as a deteriorating dope-fiend by Laurie Metcalf.

If the curtain calls had been taken separately by each of them, HERS would have been the standing-ovation.

The theatre itself is getting a litte "tired" - frayed carpets and threadbare seat backs, uneven seats and no aircon really do let it down.

1 Thank IGGAHorshamUK
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Good activity for day trip out to London!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Went to see wicked on 25/4/12 for a matinee performance. The tickets were reasonably priced compared to other shows (5th price band for the theatre) and it was easy to get to from Victoria tube station.

The theatre's entrance is really nice and I didn't have to queue long to pick up my tickets (though I went a few hours before the show). I went for lunch after this and it's worth noting that nearby are all the chain restaurants you might expect.

The interior of the theatre is very pretty. The seats we had were a few rows from the back, but in the centre. Our view was fine from here and could see everything. The only thing I would mention was that the seats weren't the roomiest seats I've had in a theatre and there wasn't much leg room so not sure how tall people would fair.

During the interveral refreshments were available without having to go to the lobby or bar. The queue for the women's toilets was inevitably huge (there are four toilets in the main theatre area) and much be much larger on busier weekend/evening performances.

There were disabled theatre goers in a balcony area near the toilets, so I assume there is good disabled wheelchair access.

The show itself was really good and I would reccomend it for someone who wants to attend a musical with someone who isn't as keen on theatre/musicals as its a great show and there is something for everyone. Based around the Wizard of Oz, it's a twist on a well known story. Thre were lots of school children in attendance and I would say it's a trip for all ages.

1 Thank Jaz84
Meppershall, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Don't buy seats in the stalls unless you're right in the middle”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Show was brilliant but totally spoilt by the fact the view from the side stalls is rubbish. The air con was blasting away and everyone was sat in their coats, people did complain at the interval but no change for the 2nd half., and make sure you use the ladies before you go in this theatres ladies toilet were dirty,smelly and blocked and that was before the show.

3 Thank bev_allen123
South Shields, United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“it was WICKED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

my daughter and I were on our way to Brighton when we came out of Victoria station to go for lunch when she saw the theatre showing Wicked which she has said for some time she wanted to see. we went in to see what days they did the matinee but it was only on that day Wednesday or Saturday and we were going back home on Friday we either had to do it then or miss out. We went in to see what they had available and they had two tickets in the stalls and when asked about somewhere to leave a suitcase they said we could do this at the cloakroom for a couple of pounds so we bought them. The friendly staff on the ticket office to the pleasant cloakroom attendant (they only charge £2 for leaving the case and £1 for my bag) who work amongst a lovely theatre welll laid out with the theme of the show throughout the theatre with the green lighting of the main foyer to the main seating area, made you feel welcome and very relaxed to enjoy the show, the day we were there it seemed that Tickemaster and See Tickets had double booked around 70 seats and noticed a young lady in a very professional manner find seating for the people who had fallen into this catagory, may I say well done to her. The loos where very clean and well kept considering the number of people who used them. We did not buy any refreshements so cannot comment on costs etc.

2 Thank happy_to_be_on_hol