“Amazing high rise dining”
Review of Paramount Bar - CLOSED

Paramount Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holborn
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This place really has the best views in london. We had dover sole and jerusalem artichoke risotto as mains, both excellent. Service is exemplary. An experience not to be missed.

There are newer reviews for Paramount Bar

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I've lived in London for 20 years and, despite countless incidents to the contrary, cling to the belief that I have finely honed antennae for detecting a tourist-fleecing hellhole at a thousand paces. Having read the reviews here my antennae were going nuts - but this being my wife's recommendation for her mother's birthday, the choice of going with my instinct or upsetting them both was really no choice at all. The telephone call to verify the booking didn't bode well; the "reminder" that "we have a dress code" seemed OTT and played on my suspicions that here was a place overreaching itself. Upon arrival, things looked up. The sign for Paramount was easily visible and the highly stylised lobby (le corbusier meets a city bank c.1982) was, at least, different. Lift calling was well choreographed, as was the arrival in the restaurant where we were met by someone to take us to our table. Looking out east (my preferred view) late at night was truly special. For anyone who loves London, this is a view too rarely seen for real and it was an absolute pleasure to be able to gaze across the cityscape and beyond. The service was friendly, reasonably efficient and the quality of food as good as anything I've eaten at OXO (the usual place we take out-of-towners) but the view is even better. Yes, it is on the expensive side. Yes, the nonsense about a dress code was ignored by everyone there. Yes, the menu isn't El Bulli. But overall, as an experience, this worked.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Booked an early bird special for the occasion of my Birthday. As we arrived just before dusk we took in the view at the bar before eating as recommended by the staff, the bar on the 33rd floor is wrap around floor to ceiling glass an amazing view of London.
We had a limited menu to choose from and rather than have three courses including a pudding I had two starters and really enjoyed the meal. The roquefort cheese soufle was amazing. Our wine was delicious and the view was like looking at a real fire you just can't help being mesmerised by London below lit up at night. I will heartily recommend this place for visiting guests and for people celebrating a special occasion.
I would say the view in the bar was very different than at Vertigo Tower 42 with a little more space for viewing. The staff were lovely chatty and informative, service was excellent.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

The bar is great for a special occasion or a few drinks, a little pricey if you are planning a full night out there. Cocktails are around £10 each and we managed to hit £50 on bar snacks! Cocktails are delicious however, Cherry & Bubblegum Sour is great for the sweet lover. The view from the panoramic bar on the 33rd floor is beautiful, we found oursleves sqealing with excitement. The bar on the 32nd floor however had more atmosphere as it was busier. Would make an excellent date venue. Prior to visiting, make sure to ring and get on the guestlist.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Fantastic views. Very good food. Really enjoyed my monkfish.

Very good option for impressing clients.