“Fantastic Tour”

and up
Mayfair Chocolate Ecstasy Tour
Ranked #9 of 186 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate chocolate experience and most delicious way to see London or Brighton! You don't have to be crazy about chocolate to enjoy these guided walking tours, but it is an extra special treat for a chocoholic. Founded in 2005 by leading Chocolate Expert and food judge Jennifer Earle who personally selects each venue and has a great relationship with all the places they visit. Tours are in small groups (no more than 12 guests). The guides are friendly, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and keen to make sure you have an amazing time AND finish the tour completely full of chocolate. Expect to have great fun while tasting some incredible treats and learning about the local history. Tours run every Saturday, Sunday, some weekdays and private tours are available on request.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My sister-in-law purchased this tour for us on our visit to London. We had the most marvelous day with Jen, our guide. She truly loves chocolate and her enthusiasm is contagious. I think she MUST be related to Willy Wonka :) ...By the end of the day we were also in love with all things chocolate. Even though we had just met Jen, it was like spending the day with a very good friend enjoying some of the world's best. The tour was intimate, informative and tasty. I would highly recommend it to anyone regardless of their love or knowledge of chocolate. Simply fantastic day.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We recently went on an adventure with Elle into the wonders of chocolate making and tasting around Chelsea. Elle was a brilliant tour guide and my family and I were left completely chocolated out and our minds filled with a new appreciation for the art of making chocolate - from it's origins, to the growing of the beans, right through to how to taste chocolate correctly! Thanks Elle for making a wintry day in London very special indeed!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I won these tickets in a charity raffle, part sponsored by Paul A Young chocolates, one of the shops we visited on the tour. I had looked at the web site, and expected a fun, chocolate-full morning--which Jennifer more than delivered. What I didn't expect was such an educational and fascinating experience. I thought I knew a lot about chocolate, but there was so much more I learned from Jennifer. I think I actually love chocolate even more now! The only thing I could have missed was the rose chocolate; possibly an acquired taste, and definitely not mine. But I tasted things I might not have tried otherwise, and the people in the shops--each one very different--were so welcoming and helpful, clearlybecause of their valued relationship with Jennifer. We had a fabulous time, and I highly recommend Chocolate Ecstasy tours.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I highly recommend Chocolate Ecstasy tours, in London.. My partner and I took the tour a couple of weeks ago, with guide Jen... who was informative, friendly, and fun! Had lots of samples, and visited some wonderful high end chocolate shops. Truly a great, 5 star experience!!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I agree with the other reviews, this really is an excellent tour. Jen (tour guide and owner of the company) discoursed knowledgeably and entertainingly on both the subject of chocolate and the history of the London streets we passed through. The Mayfair tour starts with a chat and a hot chocolate (best ever) in the very unusual 'Sketch' near Oxford Circus, which was a highlight for me, and led on to four chocolate shops where there was plenty of chance for tasting. There is no pressure whatsoever to buy, despite free tastings, but it was a fun way to add to the experience and I did purchase a few items. I suspect the free tastings and/or the welcome in these shops would dry up a bit if members of the tour never bought anything, but everything is so delicious I doubt this would happen!

I think the tour would appeal to real connoisseurs and those, like me, with a less high-brow taste in chocolate. If you like history, then you'll also enjoy the insight into Mayfair and Soho, which I found enlightening despite several years working in London.

If I weren't already married, I'd consider this as a way of kicking off a hen night in the city!

1  Thank leila_hart