“Delicious, Informative, Fun!”

and up
Mayfair Chocolate Ecstasy Tour
Ranked #9 of 170 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate chocolate experience and most delicious way to see London or Brighton! You don't have to be crazy about chocolate to enjoy these guided walking tours, but it is an extra special treat for a chocoholic. Founded in 2005 by leading Chocolate Expert and food judge Jennifer Earle who personally selects each venue and has a great relationship with all the places they visit. Tours are in small groups (no more than 12 guests). The guides are friendly, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and keen to make sure you have an amazing time AND finish the tour completely full of chocolate. Expect to have great fun while tasting some incredible treats and learning about the local history. Tours run every Saturday, Sunday, some weekdays and private tours are available on request.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious, Informative, Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was a great way to spend time with my oldest friend. Both of us have grown up in London and ADORE chocolate and all things sweet. I booked the Soho Saturday morning tour as a belated 30th birthday present for my friend and we were part of a small group of 6. This was great as it meant we had lots of time to talk as well as nosh. Neither of us knew what to expect in terms of where we were going or how much chocolate we would actually consume but this element of being surprised (and very pleasantly so) added to the brilliance of the tour. Jennifer, who runs the company, and led our group, was great at unravelling the surprises. She was reallyt friendly, both informative and enthusiastic, and incredibly efficient. So don't expect to know what you will do as that's the joy of it all! I can't recommend this tour enough - great as a present, great for visitors to London, and great for couples or mates who are happiest spending some quality time together sampling good chocolate and nattering. Plus, you feel like VIP's in the chocolate shops - what more could you want from a chocolate tour? If a chocolate river makes itself available, perhaps that would be the next move - had best talk to Wonka...

Visited December 2012
chocolateguide, Owner at Chocolate Ecstasy Tours, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you Kate! It was really lovely to meet you and Rachel. I'm so glad you had a nice time and I'm very grateful for you for writing such nice things!! :-)

Have a great 2013! xx

London, United Kingdom
“Chelsea chocolate tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

A brilliant chocolate tour for anyone; those into their fine choclating be prepared to be impressed and those into the yorkies and twirls be prepared to be converted!! A great insight into the world of fine chocolate and opportunity to learn how to taste chocolate correctly and enjoy many different samples of exquisite chocolates. I will definitely be revisiting the places I've been too and am hoping to go and check one of other tours soon :D

Also a great amount of local historic knowledge chucked in as a bonus ;)

Great job Jennifer

Visited December 2012
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my day. I chose the Chelsea tour as I've developed a taste for chocolates from chocolatiers such as William & Curley and figured that this day would be jam-packed with visits to similar places. I was not disappointed :-)

In fact it exceeded my expectations. Not only were we completely spoilt with the endless amounts of chocolates to sample at each stop, it was also very informative. Our tour guide was very personable and set the tone for a very relaxed and fun-filled day, whilst educatin us on the history of chocolate. A great experience, would definitely recommend it.

Thank you! I'm so glad you had a good time and thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review!!

London, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Chocolate-y heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was a fun way to spend an afternoon with truly delicious chocolate. There was just enough chocolate that I was completely satisfied but didn't feel too sick by the end - the bread sticks halfway through certainly helped with preparing myself for the second half of the tour and more chocolate.

The only minor disappointment was finishing with Hotel Chocolat which I see as more of a chain shop so not quite as special as the other places we visited. It would have been nice to finish in one of the high end chocolatiers instead. It was still worth visiting Hotel Chocolat though, not least because they gave us a whole bar of chocolate to take away!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bee H
chocolateguide, Owner at Chocolate Ecstasy Tours, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thanks for the lovely review. I'm really glad you had a nice time!

I'm sorry it's such a long walk to Hotel Chocolat. It's bugged me for a while, too. I would love to do the tour in reverse but logistically it's always been a bit tricky. We have actually changed the tour a bit recently and incorporated one of their even more interesting shops into a different tour and so now we actually go to a different chocolate boutique in its place on this particular tour. I hope you enjoyed their chocolate bar though! We always figured that made the walk worthwhile! :-)

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chelsea chocolate tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The tour was a birthday present for my chocolate loving friend and I thought I join her to learn a bit more about chocolate. We had a great afternoon, and were lucky enough that Jennifer, who runs the company joined us for a bit. We got a lot of insider stories about chocolate and chocolate makers and professional chocolate tasting. The shops that were chosen for the tour were all excellent, all quite different with different types and styles of chocolate. Everything from the to me unknown small shop to 'hotel chocolat'. And the guide we had was really knowledgeable and enthusiastic about chocolate and also told us little stories about Chelsea. Overall a really good experience. What would have made it even better would have been to run the tour in reverse order. From 'high street' to 'boutique'.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a real liking and knowledge about chocolate like my friend or anyone who just likes a bit of chocolate every now and again, like me.
And me and my friend will be doing another one - for the next birthday in spring.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Josephine128
Hi Josephine,

Thanks for writing this nice review. :-) I'm so pleased you're going to come back and do another tour!

We actually used to do the Chelsea tour in reverse order of shops when there was another Hotel Chocolat branch more conveniently located but changed it so we definitely had a table in the shops we sit in. I have now changed the tour and incorporated one of Hotel Chocolat's even more interesting shops into a different tour and so now we actually go to a different chocolate boutique in its place on the Chelsea our.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the Spring!