“Fine but nothing special”

Carluccios - The Brunswick
Ranked #4,358 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I ate here with a work colleague and it was pretty average. I ordered steak which was slightly tough but the desserts we're brilliant. Good wine selection too. Would return but only because good availability of tables

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I went there recently with my girlfriend for a launch, the waitress was taking the order but he was totally ignoring us, he was talking and swearing at the other waitress, The 2 tables next to us were dirty and under was pasta all over the floor for sure never visit it again!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a nice looking example of its chain but the food is poor. I ordered from its more expensive range of dishes and really wish that I had not bothered. A really poor example of Italian food, service was with a smile at least but that is all I can say on a positive note. Over priced for what you end up getting.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Always enjoy Italian food. The pasta is delicious. Menu varied enough to suit most people. My friend was particularly pleased to find that they have a special gluten free menu. This branch is popular with local residents but can be noisy on a busy night.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Dropped in on a whim for dinner with my son. It was very busy both indoors and out. However, we were seated immediately by a pleasant hostess. Our servers name was Rose, she was EXCELLENT! She was very busy but never made us feel rushed or forgotten about. I like the atmosphere here, it is a more modern, clean line, bright Italian restaraunt that is casual enough for kids, but could also be for a special occasion. We ordered the Mozzarella and Tomato app. (5.50p) Loved it! I eat this same dish everywhere I go in every country and this one was delicious, fresh and different with rocket lettuce, multi colored cherry tomatoes, capers and buffalo mozz. with olive oil. Also ordered the bread tin (3.95p) , well worth the price! a generous portion of varied breads, rolls, foccasia and bread stix, served with dipping oli and seasonings. For dinner, we had the pan seared cod with mini boiled potato, spinach, and capers in a butter wine sauce. The fish was cooked perfect, butthe spinach was overcooked and I did not like the potato with it at all, too dry. The sauce was delicious and if ordered again, I would have them omit the potato all together. I still enjoyed this meal however, maybe it was the exellent service that made up for it. My son ordered pasta off the childrens menu which includes a drink and icecream for only (6.50p) This visit was very nice, so I tried again, two nights later. Same time at night, appx. 7pm, the restaurant was desolate! We were told to sit anywhere, our server was a young gentleman whoes name I was never given, he was horrible! He ignored us and was forgetfull with everything. My son ordered the same from the childrens menu where I tried their supposed "known for" item, Spinach Ravioli in a butter,cream sauce. The ravioli was horribly overcooked, musy and tasteless. The sauce non existent. What a disappointment after our previous visit. Our server left the bill and never returned so we paid for our meal with no tip and left. What a shame. My review is that this is a hit or miss establishment depending on the servers that day and the cooks.

Been to Carluccios - The Brunswick? Share your experiences!