“Faultless”

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #78 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed recently for weekend trip with wife. Over last 10 years or so have stayed at dozens of ICH properties across the globe and can comfortably say this hotel was one of the best across all their brands. Very well located with two tube stations within a couple of minutes walk. Check in was very slick, friendly and fortunately for us included an upgrade to a lovely corner suite as we are platinum members, all at 10.30 in the morning! Suite was excellent, very modern decor, white leather furniture, open brick walls, wooden flooring, very comfortable four poster bed and complimentary drinks and snacks in the mini fridge. Local area was nice and quiet over the weekend although would imagine would be busier in week. Some decent pubs and bars in area and tower bridge/Tower of London within 5 minutes walk. Didnt eat in restaurant but had a couple of drinks in vault bar where staff were friendly and attentive. In all a very positive experience for first visit to Hotel Indigo, staff were great and room modern but very comfortable. A great boutique hotel with personality from the king of chain hotels.

1  Thank J F
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

Thank you for your fantastic feedback! Our hearts are warmed with the thought that you have so enjoyed your stay with us.
I agree with you, Hotel Indigo London - Tower Hill is something special, a class apart from many ICH properties... a hidden gem!
We all look forward to welcoming you here again in the near future. I would recommend you to try our new menu in our Square Mile restaurant. It has already achieved a loyal following among the locals...

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights, during check-in we got upgraded to an executive room, nice! The room was big and perfectly clean. Our room had a wooden floor, a huge painting and a cool looking brick-wall. The bed was really comfy and you can choose from a few pillows. Great bathroom with a nice rain-shower and plenty toiletries. Free mini-bar is filled with soda, chocolates, water etc. Nespresso was nice as-well. Wifi is free too, but you need some kind of card to login for 24hours. Good location, quiet and it's about 2 minute walk to the underground or bus. Wine and Foodstores are nearby. Staff was friendly and helped us with directions and getting a cab etc. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2010
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you for your nice comments. We are all so pleased you have enjoyed both our rooms and our hospitality. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

Stayed for one night here without knowing too much about the hotel but very pleasantly surprised.

Excellent check in staff who were very helpful.

Room was excellent - fittings so new we got fluff off the rug. Bed was easily the most comfortable I have ever slept in in a hotel and a super size. Bathroom had modern quirky fittings and a wetroom all excellent.

Plenty of places to eat and drink in the surrounding area. We felt there was no need to travel away from the area despite the excellent travel from both Tower Hill and Aldgate.

Nicely different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

Many thanks for a great feedback! .
I agree there are so many culinary atractions in the vicinity, but none more so than our very own Square Mile Kitchen & Lounge. We just launched a new menu with great initial feedback, so come down and give it a try.
We would love to see you back at our hotel.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Have been to London twice this year and stayed in Travelodge Covent Garden.This hotel is in a differant league and for not much more money,We will definatly be staying here again.
The front desk staff were extremly helpfull prior to stay and arranged for Bubbly and Flowers on arrival for the wifes birthday as requested
The hotel is new so would not expect any wear and tear as yet,the room was excellent and the decor great - also the best nights sleep in a hotel bed ever ! so comfortable.
We dined in the hotel resturant on the first night - simple menu and really nice food, did not have breakfast during our stay so unable to comment,Bar /lounge downstairs very pleasant.
Plenty of bars and resturants nearby if required - reccommend the Thai just down the rd.
All the staff we dealt with were a pleasure to deal with.
One small niggle, the corridors outside the rooms were way to hot - sweating before i got to lift ! we were on the 4th floor assume the other levels the same.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Thank you for a great feedback!
With regards to the corridor temperature, we are currently examining how to best address this issue.
We are pleased you have enjoyed both our hospitality and food. While we are talking about food... we have just launched a new menu for Square Mile kitchen & Lounge with more choices than before, same locally sourced fresh ingredients but with greater Italian culinary influences yet equally great VFM as before, so come and try it out soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

We booked the Hotel Indigo Tower Hill for two nights on October 1st as a base to celebrate my wife's 40th. We booked our stay through booking.com, not direct with the hotel group and saved a small amount of money from their list price.

The hotel is located close to Aldgate station (150yds) and Aldgate bus terminal (150yds also). The main road 200yds away meant black cabs were also easy to find.

On arrival we were met by a friendly reception team who told me there might have been a problem with our booking as our operator had booked 2 rooms for 1 night rather than 1 room for 2. It might have been a problem if it was very busy but they made very swift work of correcting it and gave us an upgrade for the inconvenience. They were unaware of my wife's birthday so it was a genuinely nice gesture to do so.

The room was great - much larger than the standard London 'box' with wet room and funky fittings and details. REALLY comfy bed, too.

We've stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels around the city and I have to admit to being impressed. You got the feeling that nothing would be too much trouble.

There is a restaurant but I couldn't justify the £17 for full English. I have friends who work here in the City on silly money who say it is good value but I just can't bring myself to do it! Comparibly to other hotels nearby, it is on a similar price for food items. I don't know, maybe I'm just tight! Don't let this put you off though - really worth a try as the difference in price to other 4 star hotels puts this Hotel firmly into contention every time. Also - the City is dead at the weekend - no drunken revellers and dustmen outside your window at 6am!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for a great endorsement! We would love to have you back with us sometime soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2010

The first thing I noticed when I arrived at the hotel was the construction that was going on in front of the hotel. I was a little concerned about the noise, so I asked the receptionist if I could have a room at the back of the hotel so that I wouldn't hear the noise as much. The receptionist checked the room allocation and luckily, I was already given a room at the back of the hotel.

The executive room had what I would describe as 'interesting' décor - not in a bad way, but quite unusual. The bed had four 'pillars', not a complete four-poster bed, and the floor had an unusually interesting looking rug for a hotel room. It was modern but with a tiny bit of touch of the 'olden days' in places. I found it quite entertaining just to look around the décor for a while. I quite liked it. The room itself was quite spacious for London.

Then I noticed something else unusual - the minibar was free, although it did not have any alcoholic drinks in it. I thought this was rather nice. There was a good coffee maker in the room as well.

The bathroom was quite spacious, although I had a bit of trouble finding space to put my toiletries without removing towels from the shelves. The Aveda toiletries were rather nice addition to the room. I definitely like having decent toiletries provided in the room.

The nearest tube station was only two minutes' walk, and although it wasn't on the most convenient line for me to get to where I wanted to go, it was nice to be close to it. I noticed that there was a decent size of bus station in front of the tube station as well, although I am not really a bus user.

Overall, I was happy with the stay, and if I am in the nearby area of London, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you have enjoyed our hospitality and our “eclectic” bedroom decor. On the issue of street noise, we too are getting fed up with the various utility companies who seem to be digging up the road outside our main entrance, one after the other.
Nevertheless, I am relieved to report “ALL CLEAR” on our entrance front now.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

Excellent hotel, very friendly very very comfortable room (303).
Very comfortable bed and nice wet room style shower and toilet.
The room came with a good tv, kettle, nespesso coffee machine and iphone/ipod compatible radio sound system.

Will definitely use this place again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2010

A big warm thanks for your nice comments from all of us here at Hotel indigo London - Tower Hill.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.