“Great small hotel in great location”

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #75 of 1,064 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Great small hotel in great location”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a small hotel, so we got a personal service. It was my husbands birthday so they managed to upgrade us and leave a token surprise in the room which was a really nice touch.
The room was very stylish and plenty large enough, quiet at night, and the restaurant area was also very nicely decorated with a small but nice selection of breakfast items (plus you can order hot food to order).
Location wise, a couple of mins from a tube and about 5 mins walk from Tower of London and Tower Bridge - so ideal to explore that area of London.
Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Indigoteam, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

That's what's nice about being small: we get close enough to provide personal service. Thank you for making us part of your husband's birthday

Please do stay with us again when you come. We wii look forward to that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights over a weekend and loved the hotel. It is not the most beautiful of buildings as you approach but the welcome from the staff was friendly. The foyer is quite funky and modern - and it had a bar/restaurant off the reception area. I didn't try either but the food and drinks menu looked good.

I must admit I was wowed by my room when I entered - I stay in a lot of different hotels in London and this has to be one of the biggest rooms - and certainly one of the most modern. It had lovely wooden floors, a modern style four poster bed, lovely exposed brick walls and a very nice bathroom suite with a rain shower. The amenities were Aveda and I was given a free mini bar with soft drinks and some chocolate in it.

The room was a little noisy from outside traffic, but this is London so you can't really complain. It is minutes from Aldgate tube station and I could walk to the Gherkin, and all the sights and sounds round that area.

All in all a great stay, in a lovely, quirky hotel and I will certainly be back - I think this could be my favourite London hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank aks120LasVegas
Dear Guest,

Wonderful review. You cited our good points but didn't forget to mention the bad ones as well, emphasizing that these were London characteristics and not hotel-related. Thanks.

And thanks too for making us your favourite London hotel.
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for Easter weekend. This hotel had a great room, bathroom and facilities. The staff are second to none in terms of their level of service and willingness to help. Will always go back now.

The location is great as you can walk down the road 3 mins and you are at the Tower of London and the river. Aldgate tube station is very close by and handy for getting about on the Underground.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clayto2014
Dear Guest,

We're more than glad you had a wonderful stay to want to come back. We look forward to that. It is our pleasure to be of service. Thanks!
Cumbria UK
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had a fantastic stay at Indigo. The hotel is lovely and well maintained with funky design features, but its the staff that make it very special. They are all friendly, helpful and totally customer focused. Tomas especially needs a mention for his wonderful tips and reccomendations that made our stay very special. I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel - you would genuinely struggle to find anywhere better!

Dear Guest,

We'll make sure the staff gets to hear your remarks, especially Tomas.Thats one of the assets of Indigo, its Excellent staff. Thank you!
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Very nice place to stay, in a great location. It's just a short walk from Brick Lane and Whitechapel attractions, and Petticoat Lane/ Spitalfields markets. Equally short walk in the other direction from Tower of London. Other London attractions are also easy to reach because the hotel is one block from both Aldgate tube and a couple of busy bus stops that are helpful when the tube stops running at night. Some great views of the Gherkin from the end of the block. Despite being close to all of the above, the immediate area around the hotel seems to be mostly a daytime office area and is very quiet at night - no noisy bar patrons under your windows.

Hotel staff were friendly and welcoming at all hours of the day and night, and very attentive to my needs including printing out some travel documents, getting a slightly early check-in and storing my luggage upon check-out. I was happy to see they also had 24-hour room service although I did not use it this trip due to being out late with friends.

Although the lobby of the hotel is very small (though pretty), the rooms are large, lovely, clean and comfortable with luxurious beds and pillows, exposed brick and dark wood carved furniture. I was upgraded to a larger room without requesting it. The free wi-fi worked pretty well (only dropped out during one afternoon) and best of all it was FREE. In addition to nice tea set-ups they also had FREE water, soft drinks, juice and chocolate/ granola bars in an in-room mini-fridge, and these were replenished daily at no extra charge. Most places want to charge you a couple pounds apiece for candy and drinks and/or don't give you a fridge, so this was a nice touch.

Bathroom was newly refurbished with modern shower (no tub) having both overhead and high pressure handheld shower heads, and other fixtures. Water pressure and temperature were great, free shampoo/ soap/ lotion were nice quality (Aveda) and everything worked nicely. My one issue involved the shower stall, which was only enclosed on three sides and thus made it difficult to keep water from getting deflected out and flooding the towel rack/ bathroom floor when using the hand held shower head. They also provided a complimentary robe and slippers to use while in the room, however in contrast to the towels the robe was of a much lower quality (maybe to discourage guests taking them) and also in quite a small size that would probably not fit many of the hotel patrons I saw, including myself. Fortunately the towels were great quality and jumbo size so I just wrapped up in them.

Overall this hotel provided a much better value for money than I was expecting and I was very impressed with the quality and look of the room, the friendly attitude of the staff, and the free wi-fi and free soft drinks and snacks. I would be happy to stay at this hotel again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Bunnydots
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the perfect review despite the minor inconveniences you experienced. And thanks too for validating our assets: quality rooms, friendly staff and free amenities.
edinburgh
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked 3 nights at the Hotel Indigo Tower Hill for our trip to London, We were visiting London to run the marathon. I had made the hotel aware that it was my wife's birthday during our stay. We arrived early and the staff were outstanding, they offered to store our luggage while we made our way to the expo. We returned around 3pm and our room was ready and our luggage was already in our room. When we arrived in our room my wife found rose petals spelling out happy birthday on the bed, a lovely cake and a bottle of wine, stunning. The staff throughout our stay were always very friendly and helpful, Its such a pleasure to stay at a property where it so obvious staff enjoy their work. The hotel is located near tube stations such as Aldgate and Tower Hill and the DLR. However the surrounding area is brilliant for restaurants and bars. Tower Bridge and Tower of London are a 5 minute walk away. I cannot speak highly enough about this hotel, it was truly a great break in London. A big thank you to all the staff, it was a pleasure to stay with you.

Room Tip: we has a King room and it was stunning, I think all rooms are great, not much of a view but it is a...
2 Thank thegrahams2001
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in London. And yes, we are like family, that's why we enjoy celebrations so much like birthdays. You can be sure however, you'll get the same service, birthday or no birthday.
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My partner and I have recently returned from a two night stay at The Hotel Indigo, Tower Hill. Upon our arrival the reception staff were friendly, polite and helpful, a real credit to this establishment. In fact, throughout our stay we found every member of staff to be delightful.

As I was running the London Marathon, we had requested a room away from the lift and we got this! The room itself was clean, well-decorated, with a comfortable bed. Also, the bottled water, soft drinks and snacks in the mini-bar were complimentary. The bathroom was contemporary, with a great shower - but no bath. This wasn't an issue for us but, if you like to soak in a tub you might want to check when you book. Personally, I loved the Aveda products provided too.

We just had breakfast on one morning. The porridge we ordered was good, as was the toast. No complaints at all!

The hotel is a short walk from Tower Hill Tube Station, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and Shad Thames. We will certainly be returning when we're next visiting London and I would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Indigo to other travellers.

2 Thank StomWiltshire_UK
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the commendation! Sure appreciate it. We'll make sure the reception staff get to hear what you think of them. We'll be looking forward to your next stay with us.