“Strange noise?!”

Ranked #81 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Strange noise?!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed at hotel indigo 17th nov into the 18th.
We have stayed at the Edinburgh Indigo before so were looking forward to this stay.
Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly.
The rooms were the usual Indigo standard and we loved the four poster bed. The bathroom was very big and had a cool open shower.
The complimentary mini bar is always a perk!
The location is good, near to an umderground station so very handy.
Our only complaint is that there is a noise in the room that at first we thought was the aircon machine but once we turned it off the noise continued, it is a loud rumbling sound that is very strange and quite annoying when trying to sleep.
It is a shame we had this noise as it did put a slight downer on the stay however will not put us off staying at other Indigo hotels.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Nikki035
Indigoteam, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for returning to our hotel. We apologize for the noise that you heard and rest assured that we will try to pinpoint where that sound is coming from. We hope that it did not ruin the whole experience for you. We sincerely want our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed in our establishment.
We hope to see you again someday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Spent Saturday night here and was very glad I chose this hotel. Got hardly any sleep on the plane over from Atlanta the evening before so I was exhausted by the time I arrived. I wandered into the Hotel Indigo around 2:00 in the afternoon, wind blown fresh from the upper level of one of those big red city tour buses. The sight of me may have scared the front desk personnel because they offered an upgrade and said they had a room ready on the spot.

The room was beautiful and very large. I took a nap and heard absolutely no noise in the outer corridor. Loved the large bathroom with the open shower.

The location was convenient for walking to dinner and just wandering around. It never felt unsafe even though I was alone and totally unsure of my whereabouts.

Had a very restful sleep that evening and hated to leave the next day. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank atlantagreen
Dear Guest,
We are happy to hear that you had a very restful stay in our hotel. That is our intention for all out guests and we are happy to know that we succeeded to give you just that.
Please come and visit us the next time you are in town.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,811 helpful votes
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love staying here when in London & having organised a sales incentive night out in London, this was an excellent choice to put up my twelve guests. Warm welcome, comfortable rooms & really friendly service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind description of our hotel. Please come and stay with us again.
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in October 2013. Excellent location - close to public transport. Hotel decor and finish is to a high standard. Our room was on the 5th floor at the back but had a good view of The Gherkin. The 4 poster bed was very comfy and whole room was decorated in a nice style and to a high quality. Excellent amenities - fridge,mini bar and nespresso machine. Only downside was that we felt breakfast wasn't value for money although everything we had was tasty. Staff were very friendly and even put a birthday cake in our room on arrival (it was my partners birthday). Would definitely recommend. Would give it 4.5 if I could.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TartanScot
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can stay with us again when you are back in town.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Sunday night.

Location-wise, very handy for the city.

Check in was easy and the desk clerk told me about all of the facilities of the hotel.

My room was on the top floor. Despite being a Platinum member I don't think I received an upgrade but even so the room had a lovely four poster bed, comfortable easy chair and a desk/chair. There were plenty of power outlets, both next to the bed & at the work desk. The TV was flat screen and wall-mounted. Attention to detail like plenty of accessible power outlets and sufficient lighting is still somewhat rare in hotels, so it was refreshing to have these present.

As per the brand standard, there was a minibar with some soft drinks and confectionery included in the rate - a nice touch.

Bathroom was modern and had a powerful shower. Aveda toiletries - again a UK brand standard.

My only criticisms of the room are that the wardrobe was small and the AC was ineffective.

I used room service, which was variable: burger not very good - beef was burnt and a bit like shoe leather. However, I had a lovely cheese selection - so many places these days have uninteresting cheese on their dessert menu, but here it was a great portion and tasty. The room service menu is fairly extensive compared to other Hotel Indigos I've stayed in (Newcastle, Liverpool and Birmingham).

Breakfast was good - quick service and hot foot to order, even if my ham and mushroom omelette became a cheese and ham omelette!

Check out was speedy.

All in all a no brainer & I'd definitely go here if you want a nice room and aren't too bothered about a large bustling bar or public amenities.

I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank travelfan199
Dear Guest,
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here. We apologize for the meal that you got from the room service. For the AC, we will look into it to avoid any more of the same incident.
Please feel free to stay with us when you are in town once more.
UK
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Excellent location in the Minories, Tower Hill, just a short walk from the Tower of London and the South Bank. Walking to Theatre district on a sunny afternoon takes around 3/4 hour along the river. Nearest tube and DLR is Tower gateway 5 mins walk away. Check in was efficient and the staff were excellent, nothing too much bother, complimentary paper and WiFi, room ok, no upgrade for Platinum member but it was a Friday night in London. Room very clean with Nespresso machine, minibar with complimentary soft drinks and snacks, plenty of storage, bathroom clean if a little small but still no additional storage or shelf space which was highlighted on a lot of reviews. Not the cheapest place to stay but its location and staff make the difference, highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grindlehop
Indigoteam, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate very much your observations re: the location and staff service. It feels good to know we met your expectations. Thank you so much!
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Sometimes you read reviews and you think they cannot be true. Well, in this case they are! My wife and I stayed just for a night and it was great i cannot fault it (i can but its really picky). The hotel was clean, the rooms are great (we did get an upgrade to the Tower Suite, it hasn't swayed the review), The staff were just so helpful. The last part i cannot emphasis enough. I hate arriving at hotels and its fill this in, sign this, everything is extra. Here not the case. Other than signing in i was presented with the wifi key (without having to find it in some brochure in the room), "Don't worry sir the mini bar is complementary". I think what i am trying to say is its slick.

My only issues were:-

1. If you stay at a weekend beware that if you don't want to eat in the hotel you will have to walk a distance or tube to find a restaurant that is open. I should have researched this better.

2. Our room had wooden floors and if you walk in shoes i was conscious of the noise they made. There were people in the rooms above and if they had wooden floors it wasn't disturbing.

3. I am being picky here. Breakfast; coffee is served in cafétiers and the staff use the hot steam jet on the machine to brew the coffee which blasts the grinds above the filter and then end up in your cup. Secondly, if you are serving a cooked breakfast it might be an idea to ask when you want your toast either with your breakfast or after. My breakfast was delivered and then i was asked if i wanted toast to go with it.

All in all it was great and i would go again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank m0zzyd
Dear Guest,

For a night's stay, you gave a perfect review of Hotel Indigo. We noted especially your pleasure over the short check-in time you experienced. We look forward to your next stay.