“All I expected and more!”

Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill
Ranked #77 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Norwich
“All I expected and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

After what seemed like days trawling the net for a suitable hotel in London I came across the Indigo. I wanted something special but not ridiculously expensive just for 1 night for my boyfriends Birthday. From the very first correspondence with the hotel I could tell the staff were extremely patient, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. They arranged for a cake to be provided and gave advice on how to get where etc.

On arrival at the hotel (which would have been easy walking distance from Liverpool St, but we took a cab...only £4!!!) I was over the moon to be told they had upgraded us to the suite......it really was amazing. Music playing as we entered, a welcome note on BOTH tv's....views of the Gherkin.....beautiful bed, so comfortable and not forgetting the delicious cake! The room was spotless and very quiet considering its location.

You really cant go wrong with the Hotel Indigo, I will be recommending it to friends that's for sure, keep up the good work and thank you for making our trip so memorable, hope to stay again very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BEJ-Norwich
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Wow, ... "what a feeling,...it makes us dancing on the ceiling..." Thank you for your warm thoughts. We would love to see you back soon; any excuse will do...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here as my first trip with wife and first baby. Upon arrival, the service from reception were perfect, and the room was exactly as what has been shown in the photos. The food included was so generous my wife had to ask whether these are complimentary or not !

The welcoming greeting in the telly is a nice gesture, bespoke and really made my day. Observe hotel operators, it is not that difficult to satisfy your customers!

The beds were lavishly designed and full of colors (what London really needs) and its facilities are top notch. Room services were very fast albeit they were some glitches in the language.

There were a lot of restaurants and convenient shops nearby, with very reasonable prices. A lot of variety.

Everything was near perfect to the extent that fault finding is nearly impossible. If there is, I would say simply adds character to the hotel. Imperfection is perfection, some say.

Room Tip: try the one facing the road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank izizwan
Thank you for such great feedback. Your comfort is our business. We look forward to repeat this performance with you as part of our esteem audience some time soon.
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed there for 1 night on 29th Dec as a base whilst going to see some shows with my 15 year old daughter.

I had requested 2 single beds on the on-line booking, but got a call on the morning before arrival to advise that they had no rooms with twin beds - sincere apologies. When we arrived they had upgraded us to the suite and put bedding on the couch, so turned out to be really good. I have to thank the staff for their consideration. Maybe an improvement would be to make it clearer on the website that twin rooms do not exist at the hotel.

The room was impeccable - four poster bed was great. Everything was new and I could not find a single fault. The attitude to the mini-bar is very refreshing - i.e. free. Nice chocolates and soft drinks were appreciated.

The staff at reception were extremely helpful and I have to admit that we really enjoyed staying there.

I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone and will look forward to staying there again at some future point.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tormodlives
Great feedback thank you. We would love to welcome you back very soon.
Wakefield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Was upgraded to the suite with my platinum points using the priority club card. The service was impeccable on arrival. Free drinks at bar, free newspaper, use of virgin gym. Free minibar and espresso machine. Aveda bath products.

The room was clean and had separate lounge area which was great. You can see the Gerkin and the Shard from the 5th floor. The room isn't massive but good size for london! Having a bath tub would have been the icing on the top.

Breakfast was £10 on arrival if paid in advance. Which was very reasonable as the food choice was just enough for a small boutique hotel.

Would definitely come again when I go to london.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Willyum8
GM18, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London Tower Hill, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Wow, what an endorsement! Thank you. We would love to see you back very soon.
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Opted for this Hotel, having read reviews on various London Hotels on this site. From the experiences of friends in the past, we were aware that London Hotels can sometimes be a bit of a lottery and that price is not always a good indicator of quality. Fortunately the Indigo was not only reasonably priced for this area but also friendly and comfortable. The room was modern, the staff were friendly and efficient and we found the whole experience very smooth and pleasant.For anyone wishing to be near the Tower of London and Tower Bridge this is the perfect location.
Though breakfast was not included, a hearty and freshly cooked one can be found within walking distance at the nearby Minories pub, for under 7 pounds (including drink).
Would definitely consider staying here again should we need to find a base in London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W
Thank you Steve for your encouraging comments. We look forward to see you again on your next trip to London.
Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We chose to stay at the Hotel Indigo for my Mom's 60th birthday. As we usually stay in (very) budget hotels in London, we wanted something a little more special and Hotel Indigo certainly delivered. The location is ideal, close to the Tower of London, the DLR, the open top bus tours, the river and the tube. The hotel staff are really friendly and will go out of their way to help you. As they knew it was my mom's birthday they bought a scrumptious chocolate cake up to her room - a really nice touch. We loved the funky room decor, the Aveda toiletries, coffee machine, four-poster beds and iPod docks. The hotel was also cleaned to a very high standard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments Samantha. We would love to see you again soon. Any odd excuse will do...
Northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Indigo for a two night business trip. I selected the hotel from its good reviews and what I felt was cost effective pricing against quality and location.

The Front of hotel is ‘underwhelming’ not a negative, just the nature of it’s surroundings, the reception and check-in small (but as the only person checking in – no challenges). The overall check-in process was slick, proficient and friendly (first example of the excellent staff).

I stay in a 'junior' suite - the Tower Bridge Suite (6th Floor). The a suite was of a good size, not overly large, but by no means small - I personally liked the layout and the decor/style of the room - it was contemporary, with a little urban chic (exposed brick wall). The bedroom/sleeping area was a little small, but no claustrophobic, certainly would suit a couple – sufficient storage, hanging space for a good weeks worth of clothes (even for me).

Overall the room was good, clean, airy and more than adequate for my needs. One nice touch was that I could ‘borrow’ a hotel laptop to use the free wi-fi – nice touch….

I had one room service meal – the menu is small and there is I would contend a dearth of ‘convenient’ food – however, as treat (for me) the Burger and Fries was good. I did not take breakfast (early to work), though I was offered the £10 breakfast voucher at check-in…

I enjoyed my brief stay – and will certainly return to use this great (small) hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank C_Stubing
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.